Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Will Ferrell is one smart Elf!

A quick post before I go out to do some more pre-birthday celebrating.

No, I’m not the best photographer… but that doesn’t diminish the yumminess of my lunch today. I roasted up some veggies with a lot of garlic, salt, other spices, and a bit of pepper. Then I tossed in (errr, gently placed in) some Yves chick’n strips. On the side is a dish of barley with maple syrup (I’m hooked on this combination– I got the idea of pairing grains with maple syrup from the movie Elf! It’s surprisingly really good!) Not pictured: a nice big glass of Vanilla Rice Dream.

No pics of dinner today. I went out for Thai food with some friends and didn’t have my camera. You’ll just have to take my word for it that the food was spectacular! Now I must get back to celebrating. (I’m 21 tomorrow!!!)

1. Vegan_Noodle says:

Hope you’re having an awesome birthday!! 21 is a great year!!

2. Theresa says:

Hey, Happy 21st! Hopefully it goes smoothly… some 21st birthdays don’t turn out so well….

Your food looks good! Barley and maple syrup… I may have to give that a try sometime.

3. VeggieGirl says:

as I’ve mentioned to you many times today, happy 21st birthday :0D

4. maybepigscanfly says:

Happy Birthday! Enjoy it because you only turn 21 once. I already want to redo my 21st birthday and I only celebrated it less than 6 months ago.

I just discovered your blog and it is great. Wow- vegan for 7 years already. I’ve only been vegan for a little less than 2- but yes it does rock! (Oh and I’m also trying to gain some weight- it’s sort of difficult on a healthy vegan diet.)

5. Vicki's Vegan Vice says:

mmmm, I love Thai food! Happy 21st birthday — have a fabulous time. :)

6. Johanna3 says: