Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Ethiopian = Yum

Just had the most amazing vegan Ethiopian food!

vegan ethiopian food

See all of this food? This is the Vegetarian Sample Platter. By the time I was done, it was ALL gone (including the rather large sourdough crepe– called “injera”– on which the food was served). I also ate some of the veggies on my dad’s plate. I gave the waitress my empty dish and told her I wanted a refund because it was horrible. 😉

1. Vegan_Noodle says:

Cheers to that! I’m not a fan of beer either. Is that injera bread purple?!?

2. maybepigscanfly says:

I’m totally with you on that. Ethiopian food is awesome and beer is nasty.

I just love injera!

3. bazu says:

I love Ethiopian food! I would have finished up the entire thing too.
    Oh, and don’t give up on beer because of Beck’s- that stuff is very hoppy and bitter. In the spirit of Oktoberfest, won’t you give it one more try and have a mellow wheat beer/weisbier like Warsteiner? (with a slice of lemon. It’s wonderful)

4. Kumudha says:

Food looks so colorful!

I have heard so much about injera bread, I should try it!

5. VeggieGirl says:

I can tell you didn’t like your Ethiopian dish ;0) haha, looks so vibrant and DELICIOUS!!

6. Pink Theory says:

mmmm, Ethiopian food! I love the spongey bread and the fact that you don’t need silverware. I couldn’t agree more with the title of your post!

7. Selina says:

i’ve never had ethopian food, but it looks good.

i am not a big fan of beer either.

8. Theresa says:

I *love* Ethiopian food. I’m not sure about the injera you had, but it’s usually made with teff, a grain that is super high in protein and other goodies, so you can feel good about eating tons of it.

And I’m with bazu–don’t give up on beer just based on one try! I think, partially, it’s a taste that grows on you, and partially, you need to find one that you like. I hated beer till I found a kind that I liked.

9. Vegetation says:

You ate ALL that?!?!? Wow! And I agree, beer sucks. The ONLY time beer is somewhat okay tasting is when you sip it between mouthfuls of Salt and Vinegar Chips (crisps)!!

10. hotchachie says:

I love your blog!! I also love telling waiters that I hated the food while giving them my empty place. Haven’t had Ethiopian in over 2 years!! So SAD!! Thanks for reminding me to get some!

11. Elizabeth says:

ethopian=best thing ever!!! mmm buckwheat injera!! and i hate hate hate beer, always have.