Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

New Start Veggie Garden

I’m hungry! What do you have for me to eat?

Sorry, Henry. Nothing for you.

My friend and I tried out a new vegetarian restaurant this past weekend, called New Start Veggie Garden.

The small plate has noodles cooked in sesame oil, and the big plate has red bean soup with rice balls, tofu lasagna, sesame greens, kimchee, sauteed bean sprouts, sweet eggplant, a piece of brown-rice sushi, and cauliflower curry. Also pictured is a carob brownie. Not pictured is sweet sprouted barley juice (which tasted much better than it sounds!).
I liked everything except the kimchee (too spicy for me), and I went back for seconds of the noodles and a lot more cauliflower curry, my favorite. I asked the manager what was in the curry sauce; here was his reply: The chef fries up tofu and then purees it with corn to make the main part of the sauce.
I’m going to have to try and recreate this sauce at home, as it tasted divine! It would, I believe, make an amazing alfredo sauce.

1. VeggieGirl says:

wow, everything on your plates look and sound sensational – but you KNOW that my favorite has got to be that carob brownie ;0)

aww, Henry looks hungry! with his crazy appetite, he’d eat anything – gotta watch him! :0D

2. maybepigscanfly says:

Yum- everything on the plate seems delish! And that sauce sounds very interesting- can’t wait to see your recreation.

How great to have a new vegan friendly restaurant to go to. Did your friend like it?

3. bazu says:

That looks like a fabulous meal.

4. vko says:

Looks delicious!

I love kimchee by the way- yum yum yum and yum. Bring on the spice and the vinegar. Henry is too adorable.

5. Patrick says:

I’ve been meaning to get over and try this place out, but didn’t want to drive over and find out it didn’t really exist!

You live in Dallas?

6. Patrick says:

Well, it’s always my luck.. I drove over on Saturday and it was closed!

I might try again tomorrow since the other Veggie Garden is close on Wednesdays=/

7. The Little Vegan says:

Yup, it exists :o).

And I live in a suburb of Dallas.

8. NewStartVeggieGarden says:

Hello, and thank you so much for your kind comments! Please stop by anytime and introduce yourselves. We are doing better than last year and appreciate the support of the many great people who come from many diverse backgrounds. We are now open for breakfast and are operating under new winter hours. If you could, please visit and post a review for us. Without the help of enthusiastic people like you, we would not exist. God Bless.

Sue – Owner, New Start Veggie Garden (