Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Portabella Pizzas, Take Two

I so enjoyed my portabella pizzas from a few weeks ago that I decided to make them again. This time, after covering the mushroom caps in sauce, I liberally sprinkled vegan parmesan on top (Last time, I used Follow-Your-Heart cheddar, which was great). Then, I put the portabellas in my toaster oven for about 10 minutes. Yumlicious :o).

To go with the pizzas, I cooked up some Vitaspelt spelt pasta– note the presence of the ubiquitous maple syrup for dipping ;o). There’s a crisp, mixed-green salad on the side, and the blue bowl contains extra sauce– I love my marinara sauce!

1. VeggieGirl says:

mmm, you know how much I loved your portabella pizza idea :0) looks like a great meal!! haha, I’m so intrigued by your maple-syrup-grain combination – I really need to work up the courage to try it!! :0)

2. Kati says:

Are you dipping the pasta in the maple syrup or the pizza? Either way, I’m confused! Enlighten me! The pizzas sound good, though, and very quick to make.

3. Vegyogini says:

You know what’s really good? Quinoa pasta! I buy Ancient Harvest brand. I can actually sort of understand the maple syrup as a dip for pasta if you’re using pure grade B maple syrup. I haven’t tried it, but I kind of get it. Then again, I have my own eating idiosyncracies, so I’m not really one to judge…

4. maybepigscanfly says:

I’m really liking this portabella pizza idea and I think I’m going to have to steal it!

OOh I use that pasta too- it’s perfect for mac-n-cheeze

5. Vegan Stiletto says:

Oooh what a yummy dinner!!! I’d never have thought to have maple syrup as a dipping sauce, but it kind of makes sense, a lot of asian sauces are very sweet. :)

6. Meg Wolff says:

This all looks so yummy! You are amazing!