I was tagged by Vegmomma to do this survey that everyone else seems to have already filled out. So here I go…
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Vitasoy light original. This was the ONLY brand available to me when I went vegan (while living in China), and even now that there’s an abundance of others available to me, I still end up choosing my first love.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Roast veggies, Muffins that Taste like Doughnuts (from Vegan Vittles), and barley risotto
3. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
I was making s’mores in the microwave once (pre-vegan days), and the marshmallows blew up.
4. Favorite pickled item?
I guess regular ole pickles… I am boring!
5. How do you organize your recipes?
This question assumes I DO organize them.
6. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Ack, only three?! But but but… well ok, if you insist. Peanut butter, chocolate, and oatmeal made with soymilk. (Yes, I’m aware that I cheated!) And I’d put seeds in my pockets so I could plant veggies when I arrived. 😉
7. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
On Sunday mornings, my dad would make us pancakes into shapes and letters. I loved it when he spelled out my name.
8. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Wholesoy Creme Caramel or Chocolate Hazelnut
9. Most loved kitchen appliance?
My blender– for peanut butter-banana smoothies!
10. Spice/herb you would die without?
I love oregano, but it’d be an overstatement to say I’d die without it.
11. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
The first vegetarian cookbook I bought was Moosewood New Classics.
12. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
13. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Anything with tofu hidden inside so that as soon as my friend says, “Mmm, yummy,” I can reveal the hidden tofu.
14. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Ginger seitan from Gobo. Otherwise, tempeh.
15. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Amy’s Bistro Burgers, raspberries, and Van’s organic waffles
16. What’s on your grocery list?
Kale, peach salsa, chocolate, etc.
18. Favorite grocery store?
19. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
My grandmother’s Three-Cheese Macaroni
20. Food blog you read the most.
I have my favorites, but I’m not telling (note: I am NOT above taking bribes in the form of chocolate-chip cookies!)
21. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
The Chocolate-Covered Vegan does not discriminate against different vegan chocolates… she’ll eat them all!
22. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? A big jar of chestnuts