Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

How ’bout them Giants?!

My friends will take advantage of ANY excuse to have a party (hey, that’s what college is all about, right?). Superbowl Sunday, therefore, was no exception, especially since many of my friends play football. Once again, it was time for me to bake!

Wanting to bring something different from my contribution to the last football party, but still wishing to utilize my decorating skills, I decided to make sugar cookies.

The only problem was that I didn’t feel like decorating football-themed cookies because I’d just decorated football-themed cupcakes a few weeks ago.

“Doggone it,” I said. “They’re my cookies, and I’ll make what I want to!” So I came up with a new theme– Anti-football cookies: Flowers, hearts, stars, smiley faces, cute and cuddly animals… “anything goes” as long as it had nothing to do with football.

Initially, some of the boys were hesitant to eat the cutesy cookies, especially the pink bunny cookie– it might challenge their manliness, after all!– but I guess their hunger got the better of their apprehension, because I went home with an empty plate!

P.S. Guess who made her boyfriend eat the pink bunny cookie 😉

What will become of us???

Find the recipe here: Healthy Sugar Cookies.

1. Bonnie says:

I LOVE THE PIG! and the other ones! but mostly the pig. aww, your decorating skills are marvellous. And so funny that you made those for a football party 🙂 looking at these makes me all happy.

2. Veggie Cookster says:

OMG! Your cookies are sooooooooooooo dayum cute! LOVE ‘EM! Great job! 😀

3. Ashasarala says:

Incredibly adorable! How did you get the pig and the smiley face so smoothe? Did you use fondant?

I have to say, you really are awesome at decorating cookies and cupcakes. You should look into it as a side business. I’m sure you could make money selling those to bakeries!

And, unfortunately, I DO have a desk job. It funds my dreams, so for now I will deal with it. I look forward to the future, however, when I never have to step foot in an office building again!

4. Emma says:

They are so cute! I especially love the pig, panda, and turtle!

5. Vegan_Noodle says:

Those are too cute and I love the anti-football theme. I would’ve loved to see all those boyz eating them, haha! My faves are definitely the pig and the turtle. What amazing skills!

6. Jess - The Domestic Vegan says:

Those are so darn cute! Your frosting looks awesome–I’ve never been able to find a thick frosting that “sticks” like that. The few times I’ve made sugar cookies as an “adult,” my frosting always runs all over the place… What recipe do you use?

7. The Veganette says:

SO cute!

8. jd says:

OMG! These are sooo adorable! I especially love the panda and the blue duck 🙂

Very cute!

9. Traci Anne says:

…*jaw dropping*

I’m in awe. Seriously, these look FANTASTIC!

10. Ruby Red Vegan says:

1. What perfectly shaped cookies!

2. I bet those big football players especially appreciated how large some of those cookies are!

3. Your decorating skills on this little project are even better than I remember them! Wow! I love that the cookies have nothing to do with football (I have no interest in football), and you’re right, you should be able to make cutesy cookies if you feel like it! The turtle and the ducky are my favorites. I love how the ducky’s lips pooch out. 🙂

11. barb michelen says:

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it’s been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

12. VegMomma says:

So cute and creative. You must have a lot of patience!

13. Vegyogini says:

You’re such an amazing decorator! I wish I had gotten to partake in those cookies. They look spectacular and I’m having difficulty choosing a favorite. 🙂

14. Rural Vegan says:

The pig! OMG, the pig is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! When are you going to open a bakery?

PS – I love that pig!

15. Holler says:

that is just so funny, I would have loved to seen their faces!
    Those are some really cute cookies, I especially like the panda!

16. Theresa says:

So freakin’ cute! My favourite is probably the puppy. Lucky football friends!

17. Romina says:

Whenever my friends have a party, I get excited because I get to bake too!! It’s so much fun showing people how awesome vegan sweets can be.

Your cookies look SO cute and delicious. You are so talented! You should be proud. I wish I had an ounce of your talent. And I agree with everyone, the pig is soooo cute!! I wonder if it’s considered vegan to eat animal cookies… 😉 Hehe.

18. Vicki's Vegan Vice says:

those are, without a doubt, the cutest cookies i have ever seen!!!!

19. Bianca says:

Brillant! That makes me want to have a super bowl party right now. I mean, it’s a little late. But…I was going to have one and make beer-battered vegan hot wings, but your cookies are sooo much cuter!

20. Alisa says:

Those are all adorable! I wouldn’t be able to eat them, far too cute!