Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

How ’bout them Giants?!

My friends will take advantage of ANY excuse to have a party (hey, that’s what college is all about, right?). Superbowl Sunday, therefore, was no exception, especially since many of my friends play football. Once again, it was time for me to bake!

Wanting to bring something different from my contribution to the last football party, but still wishing to utilize my decorating skills, I decided to make sugar cookies.

The only problem was that I didn’t feel like decorating football-themed cookies because I’d just decorated football-themed cupcakes a few weeks ago.

“Doggone it,” I said. “They’re my cookies, and I’ll make what I want to!” So I came up with a new theme– Anti-football cookies: Flowers, hearts, stars, smiley faces, cute and cuddly animals… “anything goes” as long as it had nothing to do with football.

Initially, some of the boys were hesitant to eat the cutesy cookies, especially the pink bunny cookie– it might challenge their manliness, after all!– but I guess their hunger got the better of their apprehension, because I went home with an empty plate!

P.S. Guess who made her boyfriend eat the pink bunny cookie 😉

What will become of us???

Find the recipe here: Healthy Sugar Cookies.

1. Bonnie says:

I LOVE THE PIG! and the other ones! but mostly the pig. aww, your decorating skills are marvellous. And so funny that you made those for a football party :) looking at these makes me all happy.

2. Veggie Cookster says:

OMG! Your cookies are sooooooooooooo dayum cute! LOVE ‘EM! Great job! 😀

3. Ashasarala says:

Incredibly adorable! How did you get the pig and the smiley face so smoothe? Did you use fondant?

I have to say, you really are awesome at decorating cookies and cupcakes. You should look into it as a side business. I’m sure you could make money selling those to bakeries!

And, unfortunately, I DO have a desk job. It funds my dreams, so for now I will deal with it. I look forward to the future, however, when I never have to step foot in an office building again!

4. Emma says:

They are so cute! I especially love the pig, panda, and turtle!

5. Vegan_Noodle says:

Those are too cute and I love the anti-football theme. I would’ve loved to see all those boyz eating them, haha! My faves are definitely the pig and the turtle. What amazing skills!

6. Jess - The Domestic Vegan says:

Those are so darn cute! Your frosting looks awesome–I’ve never been able to find a thick frosting that “sticks” like that. The few times I’ve made sugar cookies as an “adult,” my frosting always runs all over the place… What recipe do you use?

7. The Veganette says:

SO cute!

8. jd says:

OMG! These are sooo adorable! I especially love the panda and the blue duck :)

Very cute!

9. Traci Anne says:

…*jaw dropping*

I’m in awe. Seriously, these look FANTASTIC!

10. Ruby Red Vegan says:

1. What perfectly shaped cookies!

2. I bet those big football players especially appreciated how large some of those cookies are!

3. Your decorating skills on this little project are even better than I remember them! Wow! I love that the cookies have nothing to do with football (I have no interest in football), and you’re right, you should be able to make cutesy cookies if you feel like it! The turtle and the ducky are my favorites. I love how the ducky’s lips pooch out. :)

11. barb michelen says:

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it’s been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

12. VegMomma says:

So cute and creative. You must have a lot of patience!

13. Vegyogini says:

You’re such an amazing decorator! I wish I had gotten to partake in those cookies. They look spectacular and I’m having difficulty choosing a favorite. :)

14. Rural Vegan says:

The pig! OMG, the pig is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! When are you going to open a bakery?

PS – I love that pig!

15. Holler says:

that is just so funny, I would have loved to seen their faces!
    Those are some really cute cookies, I especially like the panda!

16. Theresa says:

So freakin’ cute! My favourite is probably the puppy. Lucky football friends!

17. Romina says:

Whenever my friends have a party, I get excited because I get to bake too!! It’s so much fun showing people how awesome vegan sweets can be.

Your cookies look SO cute and delicious. You are so talented! You should be proud. I wish I had an ounce of your talent. And I agree with everyone, the pig is soooo cute!! I wonder if it’s considered vegan to eat animal cookies… 😉 Hehe.

18. Vicki's Vegan Vice says:

those are, without a doubt, the cutest cookies i have ever seen!!!!

19. Bianca says:

Brillant! That makes me want to have a super bowl party right now. I mean, it’s a little late. But…I was going to have one and make beer-battered vegan hot wings, but your cookies are sooo much cuter!

20. Alisa says:

Those are all adorable! I wouldn’t be able to eat them, far too cute!

21. DJ says:

Awww, cute! Those cookies are just lovely, I wish when I decorated cookies they were as sweet, or even easily identifiable, as yours!

22. Jackie says:

I suppose you guys get as much excitement out of the Superbowl as we do the World Rugby Cup.

What wonderful cookies. It must have been hard to eat them and spoil the wonderful decorating :)

23. Lizzy says:

(hey, that’s what college is all about, right?)
    That brought a quote from Southpark to my mind “There’s a place for drugs called college!” =p

The cookies look so cute. I love the panda, the pig and the turtle, aww!
    especially the pink bunny cookie– it might challenge their manliness, after all!– That made me laugh out loud =p

24. Jenny says:

Oh. My. Gosh. Those are so freakin’ cute!!! I love the turtle! You have some serious decorating skills!!!

25. Mel says:

Those are sooo cute! And they look super yummy. You have talent at decorating your cookies and cupcakes. :-)

26. regina says:

yummy! Now I want cookies.

27. Astra Libris says:

Your cookies are sooooo adorable!! I love theme… and such a wonderful story to go along with it! I’m sure your boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed the bunny cookie… :-)

28. selina says:

you have such cute cookies all the time!

29. russ says:

How cute are your cookies! They must’ve taken ages to decorate!! Almost too good to bite into, but I bet they were devoured pretty quickly.
    Good job!

30. Happy Herbivore says:

you seriously need to open up a cookie shop. I WILL e your best customer.

31. urban vegan says:

How adorable!

32. Tavolini says:

ha! That turtle is great!!!

33. Liz² says:

those are so adorable! you’ve got some serious skill! I’m always intimidated by an array of icing colours that’s bigger than, like, 2 shades, so I’m in pure awe of your ability to make a rainbow of cute delicious cookies!

34. mustardseed says:

Aaw…they’re so cute!! Wish I had time to cook up nice stuff too! Too bad I’m just a 14 year old, very very busy student.

Oh and you’re not too skinny, in fact I think you’re very pretty(:

35. mustardseed says:

Sorry about the squash…I miss my orange veggies but I’m banned from them by my mom for having yellowish orange skin.

I understand how it’s like being so busy…

36. Melissa says:

Those look yummy and adorable! You should seriously consider opening an Etsy store or something. I’d be a good customer.

37. Alison Nicole says:

i love the panda!!!

38. eatme_delicious says:

What incredibly adorable cookies!! I love the animals where you used several cookies/cookie pieces like the bunny and dog.

39. Raychel says:

Do you have a recipe for these cookies?

1. Huh, I just searched around and realized I never posted that recipe, long ago when I made them. I’ll have to look for it in my recipe file at home and get back to ya! Sorry about that!! 😕

40. Kelly says:

Did you ever find your sugar cookie recipe? I’ve been waiting to try it.

1. Sorry, I never did. LOL it was two years ago, so I have no idea where it went. But I’m working on two other healthy cookie recipes, so hopefully I’ll have them up soon!

41. Lizzy Rodriguez says:

Way cute cookies! Love it! Did you use a regular sugar cookie recipe? I don’t know if you posted the directions and I just couldn’t find it or something.

1. Hi Lizzy!

I have actually lost the recipe for those sugar cookies! It was a few years ago when I made them… I’ll have to work on trying to recreate the recipe sometime!