Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Molly's Musings

Molly the Scottie could easily be a vegan. Her favorite food is raw carrots! If someone in our family starts to chop or peel a carrot, Molly comes running as fast as her little legs can take her, even if she’s at the other end of the house.

Here, my mom is enjoying some carrots and dip. Molly, meanwhile, is plotting the best way to topple the plate and abscond with the prize.

Moving on to a completely different topic…

At the moment, there’s a very politically-charged atmosphere here in America, and Molly has just one question:

Who would YOU rather have as leader of your country?

Molly’s going with the black one ;o)

****October, 2008 EDIT!!!****
When I wrote this post back in February, I did not know who the presidential candidates were going to be. “The black one” is NOT a racial slur; I’m referring to the Scottie dog! :o)

1. Romina says:

Aww!! I wish my dog would eat veggies. He’s so stubborn, all he wants is meat and pasta. Molly is so cute! I would vote for the black one too, hehe. =)

2. Lizzy says:

Aww, how cute! I had to aww all through the Molly comes running as fast as her little legs can take her part.

Blacky, definitely!!!

3. Traci Anne says:

So darn cute! She looks just like my old scottie, except prettier because she’s a girl :)

4. VegMomma says:

Ahahahah!

5. Bonnie says:

Aww! that it very cute, I love the picture with it too :) I’m sure my Molly [the cat] would never touch a raw carrot, ha, though come to think of it, she does get very excited about the food we buy for the rabbits! but that’s mostly the smell, I guess.

6. Vegan_Noodle says:

Molly has my vote for sure!!

7. Veggie Cookster says:

Aw…. Molly is soooooooo cute! My mom and my sister’s dogs both love carrots and various veggies. In fact, I slipped them both some carrots Saturday during a fam get together. No hummus, tho… I saved THAT all for me. :)

8. Astra Libris says:

Molly is adorable!! Such a good vegan puppy! Actually, my parents’ dog Jackie loved carrots too – my mom jokes that she learned to like them from watching the horses munch on carrots… :-)

9. Alison Nicole says:

Tilly would LOVE Molly!! I just know it…

10. Ashasarala says:

That’s adorable! My dog never liked vegetables. She scoffed at them. :(

I pick the doggie too, by the way!

11. Holler says:

I vote for Molly! She obviously has her head screwed on, as you can tell by her great diet! She is very, very cute!

12. Holler says:

That was me, I got over-excited and pressed the key too hard! sorry!

13. Paulina says:

Haha I love it when you write about your dog’s adventures, it’s so cute! Both my dogs could very well be vegan too since they love to munch on the grass and leaves they find outside and they really enjoy eating fresh fruits and veggies too.

14. Pleasantly Plump Vegan says:

hehe. my dog likes carrots too. she likes lots of fruits and veggies actually.

15. Theresa says:

Cute!! Nacho loves pumpkin, but isn’t too keen on carrot. The one food we can *NOT* keep her out of is oats! Whenever I pour meusli, or we make oatmeal, she sticks her head in the bowl and snags raw oats like it’s her job!

Animals are funny.

16. selina says:

piper loves carrots too! we give her them as treats!

17. Ruby Red Vegan says:

molly must be one healthy puppy if she likes carrots! my dad normally feeds my dog turkey pieces, so once as an experiment i fed him (my dog) a morningstar farms veggie chik’n. i think my doggie still thought it was meat – he gobbled it right up happily!

18. Monika K says:

LOL – my dog loves veggies, too (and especially apples). I mentioned to my family that he could be a vegetarian, too, but they weren’t really keen on the idea…(-:

19. mustardseed says:

Wow you’ve been vegan since you were 14! That’s exactly the year I wanted to go veg too: last year. But I’m not allowed to…sigh. Permission granted only when I turn 21.

Back to Singapore. Well we do have vegan products imported from the US, but at steep prices. So we try to make do with just scanning ingredient lists.

20. Cookiemouse says:

Molly for President!

21. regina says:

I wish my dogs liked veggies. They sniff them and walk away.

22. T says:

That is the cutest dog! Scotties were my college mascot (Agnes SCOTT college) so I have tongs of t-shirt, pins, stationary, ect, with an exact replica of Molly. She’s adorable.

23. Rural Vegan says:

Molly is not only FAR better looking than the other candidate, but given her strong veggie-loving tendencies, I believe she is the morally superior choice as well. =)

24. Cakespy says:

I am in love, love, love with Molly!!

25. Bianca says:

I would vote for a dog over Bush any day!!! And my 5-year-old mixed breed has taken a liking to raw veggies too. Any time I eat salad, he begs at the foot of the table…I suspect though it’s more the salad dressing on the veggies that he’s interested in. He seems to love anything with oil in it.

26. Paulina says:

Thanks for your comment on my blog :) I actually have never taken photography lessons but have always wanted to.

P.S. Don’t worry, I thought the acai berry was pronounced ah-kai for the longest time!

27. Karyn says:

I taught my dog to eat carrots when he was a puppy. He still likes them, but he’s not so keen on other vegetables. Oh well.

28. Missy the Garden Freak says:

i think molly is on to something! i agree with her!

29. eggs mcgeez says:

Molly is adorable. Our dog, Walrus, likes a few veggies but she just LOVES tofu. She can’t get enough of it!