The Sweetest Surprise

This afternoon, I came home from a particularly strenuous Power Yoga class and was looking forward to simply relaxing on my couch for the next hour or so. But as I climbed the stairs to my apartment, I noticed someone waiting at my front door.

The surprise visitor was my boyfriend… and he wasn’t alone. Nestled in his arms lay a perfectly-formed chocolate mousse pie. It turns out that he had searched the internet to find a vegan recipe, and then my cooking-o-phobic boyfriend slaved away in the kitchen to make the pie for me!

Even before we started going out, I’d been trying to convince the boy that tofu is not evil, but he just would not taste it. On Valentine’s Day, however, he joined me in eating a big slice of the delicious pie, which– he proudly informed me– was made with tofu. And guess what… he loved it!

I think I’ll be keeping him for a while… he knows the way to my heart!

Tags:

1. Cody says:

Yummy. Any boy that bring vegan chocolate treats deserves to be kept. At least for awhile.

2. Ruby Red Vegan says:

I’m gasping here! What a sweet boy you have for yourself! Definitely keep him around, if he’s going to bake for you. And if he’s going to eat tofu for you. Danggg, he really likes you.

3. selina says:

thats so sweet!!!

4. Romina says:

This one’s a keeper! Hold him dear, who knows what other yummy chocolatey delights lay in your future… mm!

5. Pleasantly Plump Vegan says:

how sweet is your boyfriend!!! that pie looks so yummy. i could eat that whole thing.

6. Leigh says:

Aww, good boy!!

7. Vegan_Noodle says:

Awww, that’s so cool of your bf. What a nice surprise. Does he not usually eat your cooking? Maybe now he knows better!
    Looks like you had a great v-day!

8. Liz² says:

okay, that’s ADORABLE. Sounds like a perfect valentine’s day surprise!

9. eatme_delicious says:

Aw wow how sweet of him! And how great that he was willing to not only figure out how to make a vegan dessert, but then to eat it with you when it’s something he thought was evil.

10. Lizzy says:

How adorable is that? Aww!
    Ha ha and you were so right about your comment one time that you can see Tofu in his near future *evil laugh* 😉

11. Jenny says:

What a sweetie. Definitely keep him!

12. Kati says:

Yes, any boy who’s willing to step out of his comfort zone and bake – with tofu! – is certainly a keeper! Happy belated V-day!

13. Mel says:

That was so sweet of him. Happy Valentine’s Day !

14. Missy the Garden Freak says:

i love a man that gives gifts that include chocolate, pie, cake, custards, really any desserts.. i mean really… you cannot go wrong if you come with those gifts… unless the woman is crazy.. and then you know she’s NOT the one…. ha ha .. looks very yummy… he did a great job!

15. mustardseed says:

Wow! I want that pie.

Well here vegan chocolate doesn’t say “certified vegan to the source”, but we just read the ingredients. So alot of our chocolate may say “may contain traces of milk”, we just take the chance anyway. Not many companie actually bother to make vegan chocolate, like VEGAN exclusively.

Even if they did, these chocolates would be sold in health food stores, and at ridiculous prices. Which they are.

16. regina says:

That was so sweet! The pie looks yummy too!

17. vegetalion says:

note to self: get boyfriend, make him make me chocolate mousse pie.

hee! I’m glad you had such a great v-day!

18. Bonnie says:

That is sweet indeed! Chocolate is a perfect way to celebrate anything, so valentine’s day certainly isn’t an exception 🙂 your boyfriend must be quite open-minded, considering he chose to make a pie using tofu! it’s great that it turned out so well, too! awwww.

19. Vegyogini says:

What a sweet boyfriend you have, CCV! That’s exactly the kind of gift I love; one that comes straight from the heart and is thinking about you. How lucky you are to have each other! As for the Cashew Banana Ice Cream, it doesn’t require an ice cream maker, just a food processor!!! So, if you have a food processor, you can totally make this. Let me know if you don’t have a copy of ED&BV and I’ll share the recipe w/ you. 🙂

20. DJ says:

Aww – so cute, it must be love if he’s making you chocolate pie, especially one that looks so lush!