Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Little Vegan Quiche Dip

A few posts back on her blog, my friend, Vegmomma, made a quiche so gorgeous that it had me wishing I could fly to Canada just to get a piece. But since I don’t want to become “Crazy Stalker Blogger” I opted to stay put and make my own quiche instead. There was only one problem…

I was having so much fun that I lost track of time… I’d mixed up all the ingredients before I realized, “Uh-oh, I have to meet a friend in 5 minutes!” There was no time to cook my quiche! And that, my friends, is how I came up with “Little Vegan Quiche Dip.”

Little Vegan Quiche Dip

• 4 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 2 bell peppers
  • 1 package chopped mushrooms
  • 1 heaping tablespoon freeze-dried chives
  • 1 heaping tablespoon dried, crushed rosemary
  • black pepper to taste (I don’t use much)
  • 1 12.3-ounce package firm, silken tofu (such as Mori-Nu)
  • 2-4 tablespoons nutritional yeast (I use 1 1/2 to 2, but if you want a stronger flavor, you might want to add more. Start out with 2– you can always add more later.)
  • 2/3 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
  • up to 1 teaspoon salt (I use the whole teaspoon, but you might find that too salty, so I suggest starting out with less and adding if you need to.)
  1. Chop the peppers (no need to chop them into small slices, as they’re just going to go into the food processor).
  2. Put all the ingredients into the food processor or blender (you might want to process the other ingredients before adding the mushrooms, because your food processor might be too full to work otherwise).
  3. Process until completely smooth and silky.
  4. Enjoy!

Alternatively, you can saute the mushrooms, garlic, and bell peppers in some olive oil before putting them in the food processor, to add an even bolder taste to the dip… but I am lazy and, thus, have never done this. This dip would probably also make a really good sauce for pasta… or maybe you could add soymilk or water to it and make a soup. Just some thoughts :).

I’m running off to class now (well, actually, biking off to class), but I will catch up with all your blogs sooooon!

1. Jennifer says:

What a creative way to save your quiche!

Awesome that you bike to class! Much better for your body and the planet than driving. Kudos to you.

2. Mihl says:

What a great idea! I love quiches, too but they’re so time consuming. I think I might give this a try soon.

3. selina says:

sounds good. but i am confused. why do you preheat the oven? are you supposed to bake everything before you process it?

4. VegMomma says:

Haha! You can stalk me anytime, Katie. 😉
    I’m glad you enjoyed your creation! I love when stuff like that works out.

5. Bianca says:

I’ll have to try this! I’ve been getting more into dips and spreads lately because I’ve been looking for tasty stuff to spread on Wasa multigrain crackers.

I’ve started eating crackers and spreads as a pre-workout snack because there’s so much time between lunch and my after-work workout and before dinner.

6. asmexyhousewife says:

Hehehe, another “ugly” meal. This one looks good AND is a time saver. Heh.

7. Veg*Triathlete says:

Hope you had a great bike ride to class :-)

8. Cecilia says:

Hey Katie, after ‘stalking’ your blog and other vegan blogs lately, I’m starting to see the benefits of becoming a vegan.

But I have a question, I’m an ‘omni’ person :) And how would you suggest/how did you progress to become a full vegan? Because I think if I switch to a vegan diet immediately, I think I’ll find it hard to adapt..so any tips at all?

9. DJ says:

quiche dip – one word: genius!

10. Cookiemouse says:

Vegan quiche dip sounds quite exotic and I can imagine that it only works because it’s vegan. Plant food is so much more flexible. Judging by the pictures there are quite a few vegan bloggers recipes out there that I could stalk. Does that last sentence make sense?

11. Vegan_Noodle says:

How cool! Glad you didn’t have to toss your quiche and used it as a dip instead. Genius!

12. Lizzy says:

What a great way to enjoy quiche!
    Next time I get Tofu I’ll give it a try. And thanks for mailing me the the other recipe, I still need peas and then I’m going to make this one too! Dips galore!

13. Astra Libris says:

Mmm, this sounds delicious, and packed with healthful goodness! I love the soup idea too… Anything with lots of mushrooms makes me happy… :-)

14. Bonnie says:

Haha! I love your solution for the time-problem. just don’t cook it! and you came up with a very interesting recipe to boot.

15. Cakespy says:

Ooh, what a creative and yummy recipe, you little crazy stalker blogger. 😉 Just kidding!

16. Ashasarala says:

That’s so awesome. I love when cool inventions are made either by accident or due to time constraints. :)

17. Sam says:

You’re so smart! I love quiche. I made one recently, but it turned out weird. Not good, not bad, but weird nonetheless… Dip looks great though!

18. ChocolateCoveredVegan says:

Hey Cecilia!

Check back tomorrow– I will have a TON of info for you in my next blog post :o)

19. Ruby Red Vegan says:

Awesome way to think on your feet! If the same had happened to me, and I needed to leave the house, I just would have gotten really upset! Your quiche dip sounds so amazing, and I’m sure it would make a great baked quiche as well.

Haha, I liked the part about “Crazy Stalker Blogger.” I could so imagine that type of person!

20. vko says:

sounds perfect for me- quick and yummy and love any kind of dip or spread.

21. Kumquat Peekapoo says:

How inspired! I think your right about its potential as a pasta sauce.

22. Latayy says:

What did you serve this with.
    I look very appealing.
    I will try it and get back to you.
    I need to go work but you blog is very interesting..
    I am gone now..