A brownie a day keeps the doctor away

Well okay, maybe not… but you gotta admit, they sure taste good!
(Brownie recipe courtesy of How it all Vegan)

Tags:

1. Romina says:

I’m sure your friends don’t just invite you over for the food… but it sure is a great bonus!!

2. Ruby Red Vegan says:

nope, i bet your friends invite you to their parties for your wonderfulness and kindness and because you’re a great fun! like romina said, it’s just an added bonus that you’re a great cook as well! those brownies are making me so hungry – they look perfect and delicious! i haven’t made vegan brownies before, only blondies. what’s the best brownie recipe you’ve come across?

kale and tofu are perfect together! i’m jealous of your healthy meal! if i give you a ginger cookie, will you give me some of your yummy dinner?

3. pleasantly plump vegan says:

man those brownies look super good

4. Anonymous says:

my brownies never turn out that delicious *pout*

5. bean_mix says:

sorry, that anonymous was me!

6. Bonnie says:

They do taste good! And your brownies look deliiiicious. Wbat recipe did you use? Now you made me hungry…

7. russ says:

wow do brownies work for suspicious friends too? I always get a few unconvinced frowns with my offerings, except for those korova cookies, which have been unanimously accepted! I need some more recipes to win over even the most cautious! Any ideas?

8. ecobarbie says:

Mmm, the brownies look fabulous, but the salad looks even better, because I’m getting a little worn out on sugar at the moment. (I never thought that was possible!)

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. :]

9. Anke says:

these brownies look amazing. and this world hunger page is wonderful, I just found it through your link. thanks for pointing it out to people, I’ll sure look into that now

10. Jess - The Domestic Vegan says:

I LOVE kale! Yours looks really delicious! And I agree with the others–I’m sure your delicious food is just a bonus to the wonderful company you provide. 🙂

11. Veghead says:

Those brownies look soooooo awesome. but i’m sure you have plenty more to offer than good food!! 😉

Yumyumyum

12. Happy Herbivore! says:

YUM

13. aTxVegn says:

Yum, two of my favorite things – salad and brownies! They both look deliciously healthy.

14. Monika K says:

I must admit that I hadn’t thought to make a leafy green salad with kale before…sounds good!

15. Adele says:

I have a dreadful secret. I’ve never made brownies.

Must be something to do with being Australian, I guess. Still, I think I must rectify this situation, because those look simply scrumptious 🙂

Gah… kale. Oh how I love me some green leafy vegetables. They’re out of season here at the moment 🙁

16. Alison Nicole says:

i want to make brownies yumm!!! maybe we could find a way to put kale in the brownies…hmmmm….

17. Cecilia says:

Hi Kathy, just updating my progress to become a full vegan…

Guess what, I searched in the local library today and found a vegan cookbook called ” Vegan with Veganance” – the recipe sounded really good but too bad there’s no pictures in it, I’m one of those people who look at the pictures then cook the dish..hehehe…

Anyways, I had the chance to go all-veg on the weekends, sigh…my meanie brothers decide to get honey-CHICKEN as their takeout for the night…sigh…the support i get from them 😉 they even waved it in front of me to make matter worse BUT it was all good, I didn’t eat any hehehe…but kinda still feel a weeny bit deprived after..so to keep up the spirit, I’m cooking teriyaki tofu today – one of my fav dish, which surprisingly fits to be a vegan dish! YAY!!

Anyway, that’s all for now!! Yummmy brownies btw… which brings be to ask you, are vegans allowed to use cocoa powder for baking? Coz, I see lots of vegans out there using carob powder instead..

Thanks for answering…have a great day

18. Lizzy says:

You are always welcome to party in Berlin, too! =p
    These look awesome and I’m sure your friends love you for bringing fantastic vegan food to parties. Not many people do that!

I still have so much kale in my freezer, I seriously have to do something with it. I hadn’t thought about tonights dinner so far anyways, so I guess today’s the day: something with kale it is =)

19. Astra Libris says:

Oh my goodness, I can’t decide which of your photos look yummier! They’re all so gorgeous and scrumptious! Mmmm… I think between kale for dinner and brownies for dessert, you’ve created the perfect meal…

btw, I’ve tagged you with a MeMe… 🙂 Details are in my Sat. afternoon post… 🙂

20. ChocolateCoveredVegan says:

Hey Cecilia :o)
    Wow, it’s awesome that you’ve jumped right into vegetarianism! Did you see the links I posted, of Austrailian bloggers, in my last comment to you?

I am the type of person who wants pictures too! To see pictures of most of the VwaV (Vegan with a Vengeance) recipes, just go here:

Haha good or you for making a veggie version of something you’re craving! You could always make cake or cookies or something and wave that in front of your brothers’ faces!

Cocoa powder is DEFINITELY vegan :o). Hershey’s chocolate syrup is even vegan. Some people just think that carob is healthier (but personally, I don’t agree; it’s a matter of opinion). So feel free to use cocoa powder!

Hope you’re having an awesome day too!

-Katie (ChocolateCoveredVegan)