Vegan Cupcakes take over my Spanish Class

Spanish literature classes can be pretty hard-core at times (imagine reading and analyzing Shakespeare… not in your native tongue!). One day last week, to give us a break from all our work, my sweet teacher planned a Poetry Party. Along with turning in our essays that day, we also brought drinks, music, and food. I, of course, brought cupcakes. My essay pertained to flowers, hence the flower-cupcake theme. ¡Olé!

1. Billy says:

Holy crap, those look amazing! I want one. Mail one to Seattle. 🙂

2. Mel says:

Those look fantastic!!! I love the colors and they look super yummy
    🙂

3. Kumquat Peekapoo says:

Look what you’ve done! Now I’m in a cupcake mood and there are no cupcakes to be found! Very pretty.

4. asmexyhousewife says:

SWEET! The first one is the cutest. I wish we had spanish classes together.

Eep, sorry for messing up your comments. I posted under the wrong name. (I don’t really use blogger)

5. Melody Polakow says:

They look amazing! I’ll bet your classmates were pleased.

6. Nick says:

Delicious looking treats. They look as if they would make my teeth hurt, in a good way! Bueno!

The Peanut Butter Boy

7. Liz² says:

those are sooo pretty! you really have a talent for decorating. :O

8. Happy Herbivore! says:

you always make the most amazing – and most BEAUTIFUL! cupcakes/cookies, etc. If you ever decide to dump spanish…you need to open a vegan cakery! amazing job as always (and jealous of your classmates!)

they’re almost to pretty to eat… almost! (I cant resist a vegan cupcake!)

9. Billy says:

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Your cupcakes still look amazing. I’m baking right now too (blog post to follow tomorrow or the next day).

10. Bonnie says:

Those are Beautiful! The people in your class must’ve been very happy with those absolutely gorgeous little cakes.

And that literature class does sound quite challenging to say the least. Very cool, though, to learn to speak Spanish that well.

The little flowers on your cupcakes are so pretty… I agree with Liz², I think you have a decorating talent!

11. Billy says:

You going to post the recipe? Did you use something from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World?

12. Romina says:

Those are gorgeous! Great work! I can’t imagine reading Shakespeare in Spanish, but I read it in Italian to make it easier for me than olde english… gah!

13. VegMomma says:

Oh! So pretty!!!

14. Ruby Red Vegan says:

Your cupcake talents surprise me again and again! I’m more impressed every time. These pastel-y flower ones are so preeeeeeetty. I lub dem.

If you ever decided to sell stuff on etsy, I would so totally buy your cupcakes. And I can’t BELIEVE you have to analyze Shakespeare in Spanish! That’s some crazy stuff right there. Your Spanish co-students’ brains must hurt so bad from that, I’m sure some cupcakes are just what they needed.

15. Amy says:

those are beautiful cupcakes! those little flowers are the perfect touch!

16. mustardseed says:

Hi Katie! Thanks for the comment(:

Yesterday I made oreo cheesecake! I’m waiting fir my friend to come so we can have it together. Can’t wait!

I looked up your cheesecake recipe, I made something very similar! But have you tried making your own cream cheese? I’m looking for a good recipe that can be used for baking, just like Tofutti. Tofutti is VERY expensive here, going at about US$7 for 8oz.

17. Vaishali says:

The cupcakes are so gorgeous. I really want one of those!

18. jenna says:

WOW! Those look fantastic! I’m sure everyone in class loved them! You should be at Pastry & Baking school with me 🙂 Where did you get that recipe from?

Oh, and are you in a sorority? I know a couple girls at SMU but they are all in sororities…my ex boyfriend was a phi delta theta there! Small world! You are lucky-SMU has such a gorgeous campus!

19. Veggie says:

Those are adorable! They bring to mind ‘hello kitty’ for some reason.

20. ~randi~ says:

CUTE cupcakes! They look delish too. Were they a hit? Did everyone like them? Thx for putting me on your blogroll! 😀