Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Reclaiming my Chocolate Crown

I’ve neglected chocolate in my blog posts for too long now. This must stop!

It’s high-time I paid homage to my title as Chocolate-Covered Vegan. Therefore, I present you with chocolate cookies!

CCK’s Chocolate Cookies

• 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
  • 1 cup sweetener
  • ¼ cup oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Ener-G egg replacer for 2 eggs (follow the directions on the Ener-G package)
  • Powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the oil, melted chocolate, and sugar together. Blend in the egg replacer, then add vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. You can chill the dough, but you don’t have to.

Roll the dough into little balls, then cover them with powdered sugar (have powdered sugar in a bowl, and just swirl the ball in it, then take the ball out). Set the balls on a greased cookie pan, and bake ‘em for 10-12 minutes.

These taste best when they’re fresh from the oven, so I recommend keeping the extra dough in the fridge instead of making the entire recipe at once (unless you want to eat all the cookies in one sitting… and these are so tasty that I wouldn’t blame you if you did!).

1. Mihl says:

Congrats on reclaiming your chocolate crown :) Those pixies look good!

2. T says:

Those look just like these cookies my neighbor used to make for parties… i wonder if they taste the same? I will have to whip a batch and compare. Thanks for the recipe!!

3. pleasantly plump vegan says:

those are beautiful and i love the name!

4. Ricki says:

These are so good on so many levels! 1) CHOCOLATE. 2) They remind me of my childhood–we called them “Surprise Crackles” when I was a kid–and we loved, loved them; 3) Chocolate. Oh, did I already mention, “Chocolate”?? 😉

5. Vegan_Noodle says:

Mmmmm, cookies!! I love the affect of the powdered sugar. I definitely wouldn’t be able to resist these for long if they were sitting in my fridge….

6. Veggie says:

Chocolate Pixies, how cute!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

7. bean_mix says:

I love the look of the texture on these.

Its me in keychain form!!

8. Romina says:

They’re so pretty!! I love the name. =)

9. Jenny says:

Oh yeah, that phrase “best when they are fresh” has gotten me into trouble a lot of times :)

Those look tasty, thanks for posting the recipe!

10. Kumquat Peekapoo says:

You’re still the queen! These look great!

11. Billy says:

These look good and I love the title of this post. :)

Thanks for the comment on my post about waffles. I LOVE waffles! I’m out so I need to buy more right away.

12. Anonymous says:

Those cookies look wicked!! Gonna give them a go, probably won’t work out as good though!

Have you ever tried Green & Blacks choccy? They do loads of vegan bars, cherry, ginger, almond, espresso…

Cheers for the recipe

Best Wishes from the cold UK

13. Theresa says:

Oh frick, those look good.

14. ChocolateCoveredVegan says:

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments :o).

I LOVE Green and Black chocolate!!! I happen to have some of their dark chocolate bars sitting in my pantry right now (don’t worry, they won’t be sitting there for long hehe!).

Heaven in a wrapper!

One of my British friends told me that the company actually sells vegan chocolate eggs over in the UK. Color me jealous!

15. VegMomma says:

Those look so freaking good!

16. Veg*Triathlete says:

Wow – those do look chocolatey! You’re the Queen o’ chocolate! These look just like these cookies they sell at a local coffee shop. Every time I see them, I want one, and I curse that they’re not vegan. Now I can make my own :-)

17. vegan addict says:

those pixie cookies look awesome (and what a fun name for them!). good thing tuesday is grocery shopping day, i shall get the ingredients i am lacking, make these cookies, and eat them (all of them). thanks for sharing your recipe!

18. Lizzy says:

These cookies look (and the recipe also sounds) JUST LIKE the cookies I used to be obsessed with as a kid! Fantastic =)

19. Jennifer says:

OH MY! Those cookies look like heaven overload! I know a certain chocolate obessed omni who would really dig on these.

Way to live up to your name!

20. Whaling Station Believer says:

Can I have one of those please?! You just need to send a batch out to Montreal. Haha…I’ve changed my blog setting so people other than my family can read it now… check it out if you’d like!

21. Leng says:

I was just looking at these in one of my cookbooks! I thought about making them too, but decided on traditional choco. chip.

They look great! send one over my way.

22. Bianca says:

Yea!!!! Chocolate! It’s funny that the cookies didn’t even last long enough on the plate for a picture!

23. Cakespy says:

All hail the queen. Oh those look good!!

24. ecobarbie says:

They look wonderful!

25. keeta says:

OMG, I think I just died of cookie envy! Those look absolutely divine.

26. Karyn says:

They look good! And chocolate-covered!

27. aTxVegn says:

Oh, these look great! I haven’t made them in years – yummy!

28. missblueberry says:

Hey! These look amazing. And the name is fantastic.

They aren’t quite as cute as the doggies…but they still rock my world.

Have a happy day!

29. Astra Libris says:

Ooooh, those look so good… Your chocolate crown is well deserved… The recipe sounds incredible – I’m definitely fixing these this weekend! :-) Yum!

30. Virgo Girl says:

These are one of my favorite types of chocolate cookies!! I’m so glad to see them veganized :)

31. Alex says:

Chocolate is the only aromatherapy I need.”The divine drink and food which builds up resistance and fights fatigue. A cup and a bar of this precious drink and food permits man to walk for a whole day without food.

“I love chocolate. Have you ever seen a chocolate
    fountain? It is wonderful! Check this out..”

32. Anonymous says:

I just made these. They are better than sex!

33. ChocolateCoveredVegan says:

Haha, chocolate-covered sex, anyone?

34. Teresa says:

Ok I’m putting in my guess here for your guessing game giveaway. Here’s to hoping this is the recipe in the extreme close up picture! This is fun!

35. Bekah says:

Yeah I’m also gonna guess this one. It’s gotta be an EXTREME close up. That clue pic is harddd.

36. Laura C says:

Hmmm… I THINK this is it! Boy, this is a tough contest : )

37. Nina says:

Hi Katie,
    I noticed this recipe as a ‘you may like’ link today. bit silly really because I LIKE EVERYTHING on your website. :)
    Given you say they taste best straight from the oven, can they be frozen, unbaked?
    I figured if so, I could do all the preparation and freeze them. That way I can whip them out, turn the oven on and they’ll be thawed once the oven’s ready. What do you think?
    Regards, N

1. Yes! They definitely can! I’ve done it; I love doing that with cookies :).

38. Lena says:

Katie, how is it that I keep coming across all these amazing recipes that have been completely hiding from the recipes page?! Definitely bookmarking this one so I don’t lose it…

1. LOL I really need to update my recipe pages! 😕

39. Do you mean 350 degrees Farenheit? or Celsius?
    Sorry if it might seem like a silly question but I’m new to the cooking thing and my oven is set in Celsius with a maximum of 300 degrees. Thanks!

40. If anyone wants to try making these gluten-free, you might be interested to know that I once tried a gluten-free crinkle cookie recipe that simply used potato starch in place of the flour (it used real eggs, though). I can’t promise that it would work with this particular recipe, but I would like to say that I actually preferred the potato starch cookies to the original! So if you’re feeling brave, give it a try!

41. Christy says:

just tried these! very good! but maybe you could health-a-fie these alittle more? :)

1. I do have a healthy recipe for them! :)
      Unfortunately, it’s going in my cookbook, so I’m not allowed to post it on the blog. But once the cookbook’s published, I will be allowed to post some of the recipes… I’m just not sure yet how many or which ones.