Banana Butter

After a run outside in the beautiful sunshine, I came home and eagerly pulled out my favorite kitchen appliance– Mr. Food Processor. Yes, my love affair with Mr. FP is still going strong.

Today, Mr. FP aided me in refueling with peanut butter and banana pudding.  But this creation doesn’t just stop at pudding; it can be used anywhere that you’d use pb– on a sandwich, on oatmeal, in your little sister’s hair…

And it has the one-up on regular peanut butter because it:

A. is easier to spread

B. tastes sweeter (without added sugar)

C. gives you a serving of fruit

D. can be a thinner or thicker consistency, depending on the amount of banana you use

Banana Butter

• 3-4 tablespoons nut butter of your choice (I used regular peanut butter today)
  • 1 banana

Blend the nut butter and banana in the blender or food processor. You can eat it as a pudding OR you can use it as a spread or dip for waffles, crackers, a sandwich, a tortilla roll-up, oatmeal, or whatever else strikes your fancy. I bet it would taste superb if you added some chocolate chips to the mix, either before or after blending.

By the way, the smiley face is NOT some weird substance floating on my pudding– I drew it into the picture with Photoshop. Just in case you were wondering ;).

1. romina says:

YUM!! Nut butters and banana go so well together. =)

2. arimcg says:

um, okay, so i just realized that your name is katie. right? because all this time i was like, wow, she uses a lot of recipes from this katie person.

did i mention that i’m very smart?

3. bikergurl says:

Very cute happy face 🙂

Thought I’d answer you here since you’re more likely to get the message… Of course you can add me to your blogroll, I’m always honoured when I’m asked that!

4. Lina says:

HAHAH I love the smiley face. Great photoshop skillz.

5. Jennifer says:

Too cute!

6. linds says:

I totally thought you piped chocolate paste onto that pudding 🙂

haha and I know, that email was so not junk, I was planning on responding with an inquiry….annnd ok that’s enough outta me lol.

7. Happy Herbivore! says:

i love you more than i love my food processor. but only cuz you made this pudding for me (you can tell everyone that now, they will understand. haha) and because you post the best photos. ever.

8. stonielove says:

mmm… pudding!!! what a cute photo 🙂

9. Multifuncional says:

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

10. Alice (in Veganland) says:

A big big thank you for posting something I can actually eat! No chewing involved!

11. bean_mix says:

SMILEY PUDDING!!!!!!!
    Possibly two of the most greatest things in the world
    You’re so clubbing with me even if u don’t have banana men. Seriously, if you’re ever for some obscure reason in South Australia, I’d totally hit the town with you girl

12. oatmeal says:

Oooh yummy! There isn’t a day where I DON’T crave PB & banana…I finished a whole jar [750g!!!!] of PB by myself in a week!
    I want a food processor so so so badly, but it’s a hassle to carry around since I live out of province for school and am moving out of the house I’m living in this year….gaah
    By the way, the smiley face you drew cracked me up! Thanks for the smiles XD

13. Jackie says:

I get good use out of my fairly new food processor making nut butters and hummus, I should have bought one years ago as it has saved me a fortune and homemade is much tastier as well I have found.

14. glidingcalm says:

sounds yummy. PB and bananas are always winners with me! is it thick though? i can’t tell from the picture?

15. Kumquat Peekapoo says:

You are too cute! It sounds delicious.

16. loveofoats says:

Mmm this is kind of like my frozen banana – pb concotion, except I never thought to blend it into a pudding! YUM…

17. Ricki says:

When I first looked at your photo, I thought, “Well, PB and banana is good, but how do I get that smiley face??” Hmmm. No photoshop for me–so smile (except mine when I eat it).

18. poopiebitch says:

The only thing better than peanut butter and bananas is peanut butter, bananas and CHOCOLATE!

19. Vegan_Noodle says:

Perfect time of year to be outside, isn’t it? I love my food processor too…

20. Erin says:

Smiley face pudding! Hooray for digital enhancement.