Save Money on Car Insurance

The GEICO Gecko came to visit us this weekend! Wasn’t that nice of him?

I must say, he wasn’t a very good salesman; he didn’t offer us a good deal on car insurance… in fact, he didn’t offer us any deal at all!

Here he is, trying to enter our house! (EDIT: Actually, a reader informed me that the guy below is not a gecko, but an anole. Ya learn something new every day!)

Maybe he was hoping for some of my dinner?

Homemade curry stir-fry (broccoli, beech mushrooms, cabbage, bean sprouts, garlic, onion, and a ton of curry powder) and brown rice

1. linds says:

oh my god- a gecko!!!! That is so cool!!!! I definitely think he wanted your dinner, it looks awesome. You should also make Kelly’s cookies because they came out great 🙂

Don’t you worry, I ordered two giant bananas, you should get yours any day now 😛

2. Ruby Red Vegan says:

If I was a gecko, I’d want your dinner too! You make curry look so easy. Maybe I shall get a bunch of vegetables and beans for my dinner tomorrow and bust open my new thang of curry powder for it!

And I’m glad my comment amused you – I suppose I must return the favor every so often, because your posts are also often quite funny!

3. Jenny says:

Yum, your stir-fry looks great! And I noticed your ubiquitous chopsticks. 🙂

We have those lizards by our house! We call them “greenies” to tell them apart from the brown lizards that we also have. (The green are native to Florida, the brown are invasive-but we like them both.) Although, “greenies” can turn brown and the brown ones can turn green. Go figure!

4. romina says:

Ahh!! My mom is so afraid of those.. she would have a panic attack if she saw it.

Your dinner looks soooo good!

5. Kath says:

He was on our grill tonight too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. vegan addict says:

awwww…he’s so determined to get some of that curry! that’s an awesome photo, thanks for sharing.

7. loveofoats says:

LOL!!!!! that is hysterical 😉

8. ChickPea says:

Cool Gecko! They like to hang out around our garage–must be checking out whether we need auto insurance:)
    Your dinner looks so tasty, although I have no idea what a Beech mushroom is…

9. Jill says:

If I were that gecko, I’d be stealing your dinner.

10. poopiebitch says:

Adorable! I’d be trying to steal that dinner, too!

11. Cecilia says:

omg that curry stir-fry looks so good! I wanna make it NOW – it’s getting colder here now 🙁 that curry looks like it’s gonna warm up my belly hehehe…. can you pls share the recipe?!! thanks have a great day

12. Simple and Divine says:

I made a stirfry tonight too with basically the same ingredients (Plus some jumbo shrimp and bay scallops…OMG incredible for the omni-Julz… sorry if this makes you cringe)! I loove stirfries! Where did you find beech mushrooms, btw??!! I’ve never even heard of them! Happy SUnday sweet eating 🙂

13. bikergurl says:

How cute! I’m sure he wanted your delicious looking supper!

14. Betsy says:

haha-sooo cute. what a funny little guy.

i almost made stir-fry tonight but decided not to cause i was crabby and didn’t feel like cooking, but seeing your pic makes me want some asap!! there’s always tomorrow…

15. Bianca says:

Cuteness! I love little lizards! One time when I was kid, my parents yard got infested with these tiny lizards with long tails. It happened all of a sudden, like in one day. And my cat would chase them and pull their tails off. It was sad. They didn’t die though..they just had no tails left. The next day, all the lizards were gone…I think the cat freaked them out.

16. herbivore says:

I love geckos! They are so cute! He makes me wish it was summer.

Your curry looks great!

17. Jennifer says:

How neat. I always loved seeing the lizards when I visit my family in Texas.

18. Lizzy says:

aww, he looks cute though =p a friend of mine has a bunch of geckos and other reptiles!

And your dinner looks sooo good! Almost like what I plan to make tonight (inserts “the great minds think alike” line again… ha ha, we’re just too great to be true =p)

19. Jess - The Domestic Vegan says:

Oh, my gosh! How cute! Too bad you didn’t get an insurance discount, though… Maybe because you didn’t share your stirfry? 🙂

Thanks for those Google Analytics instructions the other day! That’s really cool!

20. Vegan_Noodle says:

Nice looking stir fry… I’d be trying to get some of it too!