Come on, boys– You can do better than that!

My guy friends love going out to eat with me. It’s not because I’m a stellar conversationalist, nor is it because I am pleasing to look at. Nope, the reason the guys like going out to eat with me is because, unlike many girls they know, I don’t just order a salad! (Pretty ironic, considering I’m the only vegan they know.) And they get a kick out of watching how much food I can put back– sometimes I out-eat even my burly football-playing friends (weaklings!).

Last night was no different. Before going out dancing in Dallas, some friends and I stopped for dinner at a place called Kalachandjis, which offers an eclectic buffet. Check out all the vegan options!

On my plate– Cabbage stir fry, fluffy brown rice, the most succulent curried butternut squash I’ve ever tasted, steamed veggies, and the stereotypical salad that all girls must order when out with a boy (pictured in the top left corner).

1. romina says:

It’s so sad when girls feel they need to eat less to impress guys!! Guys don’t want a wife who won’t eat , it’s just plain and simple.

WOW! Look at all those yummy vegan options. If only every place were that fantastic. =)

2. Ruby Red Vegan says:

I find this incredibly hilarious! You already told me that you can out-eat your dad, but college boys have an even bigger appetite, so I am quite impressed with you.

The curried butternut squash sounds amazing! I just bought a lovely butternut at the store today, too. 🙂

It’s going to take all I have in me from running to your part of Texas and busting down the door if you end up making those cappuccino muffins. They sound like my kind of thing!

3. Cody says:

I can’t usually eat much in one sitting, but I am constantly eating. Which seems to confuse people, as I am another skinny vegan.

4. talieworld says:

Thats so funny! Your tiny and can outeat football players haha

5. Ruby Red Vegan says:

You should go back to the restaurant and use your vegan persuasive powers to make them give you the recipe for the squash. Then you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and be happy forever! =)

6. Ricki says:

Guys do seem to enjoy watching a gal eat, don’t they? And that plate looks terrific (funny about that salad!)

7. Vaala says:

Hehehe, I know the feeling!

8. aTxVegn says:

Oh, good, I’m not the only big eater! Sometimes I stop eating not because I’m full, but I just get tired!

I get black cocoa at a baking supply shop. You should find one and go shopping. You would have a blast.

9. Becca says:

All your choices look delicious, but that squash looks so good! Yum!

10. ChickPea says:

Yep, I amaze my friends too with how much I can put away when I’m hungry!
    Your dinner looks delicious! I’ll be sure to visit that restaurant if I’m ever in Dallas.

11. Cassie says:

That squash looks like it is to die for!

12. Jennifer says:

Hahaha! That is too funny. Just because someone is skinny does NOT mean they don’t eat.

Brett can attest to the fact that this vegan eats her fair share of food as well.

I wish I could reach in and grab your plate!

13. Vegan On Stage says:

thats the plus of being vegan.. you can eat sosososo much more!

Thats really funny though. Since your so little the guys must be like WOAH HOW CAN SHE FIT SO MUCH! I must say im impressed… being a college student myself (well recently removed!) I know how much a college guy can eat… congrats on blowing their minds katie!

14. Bianca says:

That is a lot of food! I’m sure I could put it all back too. I’ve got a huge appetite. But unlike you, I’d probably get fat, like instantly. You’re so adorably tiny! I’m jealous! But really, go Katie, for out-eating the boys! Girls rock!

15. Caitlin says:

Haha, that’s awesome! Out-eat them all! 😉

16. Alice (in Veganland) says:

I out-eat my boyfriend too! but I’m not a skinny vegan…

17. Lizzy says:

ha ha ha, you rock!
    i hate it when guys automatically assume that i want to eat nothing but a salad. i’ve always been like “are you crazy? i want this, this, that and that… oh and this, too!” =p

your plate looks so tempting, i want to take it off the screen and dig in!

18. russ says:

Its true – Its way more fun having dinner with girls who have a big appetite! Its even more fun if the food is all made by me – makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside !!

19. shellyfish says:

No wonder you have no oats! No time to go oat shopping what with all your buffet-eating and Dallas-dancing!
    Seriously, your plate looks great (now go get some oats, I got mine!)

20. Mrs. TV says:

We were at Kalachandjis on Saturday night too!!! I didn’t see you though. :/ Eric and I love that place! I love the almond salad dressing, the dahl soup, and the yummy curry veggies they always have. And on Saturday night’s, they always have a vegan dessert. They never write it on the board because they don’t want it to run out. They save it just for the vegans. It was an apple crisp this time…nothing amazing, so if you missed out, no worries. I did have a really yummy coffee cake there once though. Fun stuff!

I enjoy your blog so much Katie 🙂