Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Smooth(ie) Operator

What’s cooking at the abode of the Chocolate-Covered Vegan? Why, something chocolate-covered, of course!

Just your run-of-the-mill, chocolate-covered strawberry smoothie (featuring strawberries and chocolate almond milk as the main players… sometimes I throw a banana in there, too).

Yeah, yeah– everyone knows how to make a chocolate-strawberry smoothie. But I don’t have time for an elaborate post today.

I’ll tell you what– come back for my next post, and you will be rewarded with some juicy relationship gossip ;o).

Tara, Billy, Bonnie, Gemma, Shelby, Allison, Emma, and anyone else to whom I owe an email—I will email soooon!!! Sorry it’s taken me such a long time! (Seems I’m as bad of an emailer as I am a commenter… speaking of which, someday soon I will catch up on commenting too.)

1. FunkyFrum says:

well, that was a tease

2. romina says:

Mmm, chocolate almond milk is heavenly!

3. Bonnie says:

You are not a bad commenter or emailer! no need to apologize :) you’re still posting on your blog, so we know you’re still alive :) That looks delicious, chocolate almond milk sounds great. They should start selling that here…

Oh, and thanks for getting that song stuck in my head, ha!

4. Healthy eating blog says:

SERIOUSLY!! no need to apologise!! (im a terrible speller by the way) and anyways that looks AMAZING, you might think alot of people have made that but im not one of them! SURELY i will have to make it soon, but i ALSO came here to congradulate you on your veganism! ive been looking at having a vegan diet (diet meaning what i eat daily) but its so hard to have to look up ingredents to make sure it doesnt contain animals-but i would LOVE to i just think its so sad and cruel to eat animals and some people dont even think about what their eating do you ever find it strange that when someones eating a cow they call it steak and not cow or pig they call it pork and NOT pig (hmmm….maybe because they dont want to think their eating a killed cow or pig) guilt maybe? but anyways im again here to thank you for commenting on my blog1 YOUR such a sweetheart! <3

5. Allison says:

Aww girl, take your time with the email! You are way too sweet! That smoothie looks delicious and simple…perfect! Have a great day! :)

6. Mean Mel says:

You’re doing a fine job at commenting! I still see your comments everywhere! Don’t be so hard on yourself…and that smoothie sounds delicious. So simple, yet so refreshing.

7. Bianca says:

Oops! That last comment from “Mean Mel” was really me! I’m at work and using the reception’s computer. Sorry!

8. Katy says:

I love smoothies! Perfect for this hot weather we’ve been having!

9. magpie says:

Yumm – I adore chocolate almond milk :)

10. Alice (in Veganland) says:

that doesn’t look like chocolate “milk”! you need more chocolate! hehe

11. ~randi~ says:

Actually for some reason, I never thought of that! I shall try this smoothie for sure. YUM!

12. Kati says:

Hey, I just made a smoothie post, too! Must be it really is that time of year…

13. Ricki says:

I must be the last person on the planet to come to this combination of flavors–but have never had it! Now, of course, I must. :)

14. Vegan On Stage says:

yummm chocolate almond milk…I wish i wasnt allergic… DANM!!!!
    on your previous post…

I think thats so awesome that your little cousin has gone veg!!! its such a hard choice for someone so young…especially a boy (im not sure why but for some reason, my guy friends are wayyy more likely to eat meat than my girlfriends)

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

15. Kati says:

Of course you can add me to your blogroll!

That’s so cool about your cousin, too. Veggies of the next generation!

16. Cody says:

I love smoothies, but they always give me a stomachache for some reason. I don’t understand why fruit is okay, soymilk is okay… but together, they are an assault on my tummy.

17. kristin s says:

that smoothie sounds good.. i havent made one in a while!

I think great minds think alike… and head to whole foods even when its raining cats and dogs! haha but that was one of the worst storms ever!! I saw you in the frozen foods aisle again, too! i think you might have seen me also, but i wasnt sure. i’m tall with curly brown hair.

18. selina says:

how is it that i never thought to make a strawberry chocolate smoothie??

19. Anonymous says:

Katie,

what kind/brand of almond milk do you use? I am looking for an organic unsweetened almond milk with no carrageenan, but it’s near impossible to find! Just curious about what brand you are using. Thanks so much! :)

20. Simple and Divine says:

Twin! Stop that negative talk NOW! :) You’re wonderful. Period :)

(PS) My mom loves the unsweetened chocolate almond milk… Me? I think it tastes so bland!
    OMG, heat it up in the micro and it’s amazing!

21. aTxVegn says:

Of course you would make your strawberry smoothie with chocolate milk – brilliant!

22. loveofoats says:

yummy smoothie… I have made a similar one w/ chocolate whey powder & vanilla almond milk… Now I want to try the chocolate almond milk – sounds & looks delish!

23. Avery Yale Kamila says:

That smoothie looks and sounds so delicious!

24. CeciLiA says:

yummoi! Nothing beats smoothie … ok, maybe not in this weather :0( I recently found out that I can CUSTOMIZE my own smoothie at a local juice bar (I feel so SPECIAL) and strawberries and banana are always in my mix!!

OOooolala… a JUICY relationship gossip?! Gosh, I love gossiping (yea, I’m nosey!) hehehe…. Hope you have a great day ;0)

25. Caitlin says:

Mmm, that sounds delicious! I’ve been making smoothies for breakfast almost every day, but I never add chocolate to them (just fruit and sometimes kale)–I think tomorrow I’ll make one with chocolate for a special treat, though! Sounds yummy. Lol, international spy–I like that idea! Sounds much more exciting than international insurance. :)

26. The Voracious Vegan says:

Chocolate and strawberries….such a lovely combination!

27. shellyfish says:

Your blender must love you for putting such yummy things inside!

28. Lizzy says:

I was looking at that post this morning and was like “Noooo, why did I eat my last strawberries yesterday? I want that exact same smoothie now!” =p

I think I must try almond milk real soon. There’s only the regular one available, but it’s been smiling at me from the cupboards ever since I read everyone raving about it 😉

29. Jennifer says:

That smoothie sounds perfect. I just tried the chocolate almond milk for the first time recently and it is really good!

30. Vegan_Noodle says:

I love chocolate milk in my smoothies!!
    I am pretty sure I owe YOU an email!! Ugh, too many things to do.
    Can’t wait to hear a little gossip…

31. Traci Anne says:

Sugarplum, is there a ring on your sweet little vegan finger? :)

32. ChocolateCoveredVegan says:

Kristin—
    Hmmm, I might have seen you… but since I didn’t know it was you, it didn’t stand out in my memory. I can’t believe we keep meeting in the frozen-food section! Next time I’m there, I’m totally going to be on the lookout for you, and I will probably make an idiot out of myself by stopping every single girl with brown curly hair and asking if it’s you!

Anonymous—
    Sorry, I can’t help :o(
    I use Almond Breeze, but it does have carrageenan in the ingredients.

Traci—
    Hahaha it’s not an engagement ring, if that’s what you mean!

33. The Veganette says:

I got a brand new magic bullet-esque food processor/blender yesterday and have been searching for good smoothie recipes all day…should have known you would have something great!

My inagural smoothie was 1 banana, 1/2 c soy yogurt, lite silken tofu, almond butter, and flax seeds…yummm! I am going to try yours tonight!!

34. Cherry says:

What a great combination of flavors! I love almond milk.