May I introduce you to one of my new friends?

My friend is named “Smart Tex Mex” by Litelife. Said friend is very delicious when eaten in a burrito, mixed into pasta, or even eaten plain.

Below are some meals I’ve enjoyed with my friend:

(Tex Mex chili, cooked bulgur, a baby apple, and frozen veggies that I mixed in a wok with Italian seasonings and garlic and sesame oil)

(Baked sweet potato, mushrooms sauteed in garlic, oil, and a tiny splash of red wine vinegar, steamed green beans, and Tex Mex chili)

(Tex Mex chili, steamed zucchini, bulgur, and a yellow pepper sauteed in garlic and oregano and olive oil)

(Tex Mex chili and cut-up veggies that I stir-fried in my favorite way– garlic, red wine vinegar, oil, and ginger. Look at the purple!)

(Kale, baked sweet potato, Tex Mex chili, and mashed cauliflower) So the next time you are in the grocery store, be sure to say hi to my new friend!

1. Healthy eating blog says:

ooh! ill have to look for your new friend! you pick the best friends! :o) to answer your question i am 15 (i probably dont look like it though) and dont worry about it, when you get around to my email, you get around to it (that was said in a friendly understanding voice :oD) i defenatly know you get alot of emails and i totally understand, you are such a friendly caring person! have a good day!

2. mad about udon says:

Wow, you’re very creative with using the same item in a dozen different ways. I’ll definitely look for this at the grocery store.

3. linds says:

Beautiful dinners!! I like your friend, can you introduce me to him?? I am also super impressed that you use chopsticks for all of these meals too, that totally makes you a superstar in my book 😛

4. ChickPea says:

Cool! I’ve seen these little pouches in the store, but I’ve never tried them. Perhaps I’ll get acquainted with your friend in the near future:)

5. Allison says:

I’m SO glad you posted about this! I just bought the Lightlife ground *beef* and I plan to use it this week! I’m glad you gave it a good review!! All of your meals look fabulous, girl!

6. Vegan On Stage says:

horray for being pistachio twins!!!! I see chop sticks there.. i love eating with chop sticks!!! it makes it last longer!

7. Bianca says:

I’ve tried your friend, and I recall liking him a lot. Can we share? If not, I’m prepared to fight for him. Anybody wanna see a girl fight?

Just kidding. I think there’s enough of him to go around.

8. CeciLiA says:

i love how all your meals looks so yummy! The Smart Tex Mex definitely looks good to me … lets hope one day it’ll make its way to perth :0)

Just one question, how do you bake a sweet potato… ugh, I’m such a noob at baking veges … I baked pumpkin once … it’s still hard after 30mins!

9. Emma says:

Mmmm all those meals look yummy! I especially love the look of that stir fry!

It would be great if I could meet your new friend in the UK but sadly I think he does not fly overseas : (

10. loveofoats says:

great friend 🙂 did u add more seasonings to it or just eat as is?

11. The Voracious Vegan says:

I love meeting new friends, thanks for the introduction. As always your meals are gorgeous and full of so much colour!

12. Vegan_Noodle says:

Looks great for a quick meal!! I will definitely have to check this one out sometime soon 🙂

13. vko says:

Looks like your friend could easily be my friend! I am still working through my giant Lightlife pack of goodies but that yummy tex mex friend was not in there, but that’s going to be first on my grocery list…

14. Jenn says:

Haha you and I are a lot alike – a few months back I introduced my Coffee Cocoa with “my friend Mug” :o) That Tex Mex looks great – love how you show us so many variations with other food!

15. Sanja says:

Your dinners are so colorful. It’s a pity I won’t be able to buy it here…

16. Lauren says:

Yum! I always see that in the store when I get that brand’s turkey slices (which by the way are awesome!) but I’ve yet to try it.. i know the morningstar brand is quite tasty.. I’ll have to give that one a go.. 🙂

17. Alice (in Veganland) says:

Don’t tell me you didn’t have Tex Mex chili with oatmeal! What a waste! you could have added your new friend to yet another meal! 😉

18. shellyfish says:

I’m so hungry! Why do I read your blog when I’m hungry?!? Must eat now…

19. Wheeler's Frozen Dessert says:

All of that food looks amazing! Yum.

20. Kumudha says:

Thanks for introducing your friend!

Vegan dishes look so delicious!