Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

May I introduce you to one of my new friends?

My friend is named “Smart Tex Mex” by Litelife. Said friend is very delicious when eaten in a burrito, mixed into pasta, or even eaten plain.

Below are some meals I’ve enjoyed with my friend:

(Tex Mex chili, cooked bulgur, a baby apple, and frozen veggies that I mixed in a wok with Italian seasonings and garlic and sesame oil)

(Baked sweet potato, mushrooms sauteed in garlic, oil, and a tiny splash of red wine vinegar, steamed green beans, and Tex Mex chili)

(Tex Mex chili, steamed zucchini, bulgur, and a yellow pepper sauteed in garlic and oregano and olive oil)

(Tex Mex chili and cut-up veggies that I stir-fried in my favorite way– garlic, red wine vinegar, oil, and ginger. Look at the purple!)

(Kale, baked sweet potato, Tex Mex chili, and mashed cauliflower) So the next time you are in the grocery store, be sure to say hi to my new friend!

1. Healthy eating blog says:

ooh! ill have to look for your new friend! you pick the best friends! :o) to answer your question i am 15 (i probably dont look like it though) and dont worry about it, when you get around to my email, you get around to it (that was said in a friendly understanding voice :oD) i defenatly know you get alot of emails and i totally understand, you are such a friendly caring person! have a good day!

2. mad about udon says:

Wow, you’re very creative with using the same item in a dozen different ways. I’ll definitely look for this at the grocery store.

3. linds says:

Beautiful dinners!! I like your friend, can you introduce me to him?? I am also super impressed that you use chopsticks for all of these meals too, that totally makes you a superstar in my book 😛

4. ChickPea says:

Cool! I’ve seen these little pouches in the store, but I’ve never tried them. Perhaps I’ll get acquainted with your friend in the near future:)

5. Allison says:

I’m SO glad you posted about this! I just bought the Lightlife ground *beef* and I plan to use it this week! I’m glad you gave it a good review!! All of your meals look fabulous, girl!

6. Vegan On Stage says:

horray for being pistachio twins!!!! I see chop sticks there.. i love eating with chop sticks!!! it makes it last longer!

7. Bianca says:

I’ve tried your friend, and I recall liking him a lot. Can we share? If not, I’m prepared to fight for him. Anybody wanna see a girl fight?

Just kidding. I think there’s enough of him to go around.

8. CeciLiA says:

i love how all your meals looks so yummy! The Smart Tex Mex definitely looks good to me … lets hope one day it’ll make its way to perth :0)

Just one question, how do you bake a sweet potato… ugh, I’m such a noob at baking veges … I baked pumpkin once … it’s still hard after 30mins!

9. Emma says:

Mmmm all those meals look yummy! I especially love the look of that stir fry!

It would be great if I could meet your new friend in the UK but sadly I think he does not fly overseas : (

10. loveofoats says:

great friend :) did u add more seasonings to it or just eat as is?

11. The Voracious Vegan says:

I love meeting new friends, thanks for the introduction. As always your meals are gorgeous and full of so much colour!

12. Vegan_Noodle says:

Looks great for a quick meal!! I will definitely have to check this one out sometime soon :-)

13. vko says:

Looks like your friend could easily be my friend! I am still working through my giant Lightlife pack of goodies but that yummy tex mex friend was not in there, but that’s going to be first on my grocery list…

14. Jenn says:

Haha you and I are a lot alike – a few months back I introduced my Coffee Cocoa with “my friend Mug” :o) That Tex Mex looks great – love how you show us so many variations with other food!

15. Sanja says:

Your dinners are so colorful. It’s a pity I won’t be able to buy it here…

16. Lauren says:

Yum! I always see that in the store when I get that brand’s turkey slices (which by the way are awesome!) but I’ve yet to try it.. i know the morningstar brand is quite tasty.. I’ll have to give that one a go.. :)

17. Alice (in Veganland) says:

Don’t tell me you didn’t have Tex Mex chili with oatmeal! What a waste! you could have added your new friend to yet another meal! 😉

18. shellyfish says:

I’m so hungry! Why do I read your blog when I’m hungry?!? Must eat now…

19. Wheeler's Frozen Dessert says:

All of that food looks amazing! Yum.

20. Kumudha says:

Thanks for introducing your friend!

Vegan dishes look so delicious!

21. The Vegan Snorkeler says:

Those are my kind of dinners! I love when all the hard work is done for you and all you have to do is heat it up and add a side dish!

22. a.cook says:

Oh my goodness we have a mutual friend! Hehe…your post made me smile. I like alot of the Lightlife products. Have you ever tried their “burgers”? They are delicious–they have a really meaty texture and a grilled taste.

23. Allison says:

Somehow I managed to carve both of the cakes my hand! But let me tell you…it was NOT easy! I’ve decided I need to freeze the cakes once they’re carved…icing + moist cakes= one big mess! I’m just thankful they both turned out in one piece! You are WAY too sweet, girl! I can’t wait to see more cupcake creations :0)

24. talieworld says:

your so creative! when i get something new I always make it the same way! Your meals look great :)

25. Romina says:

Wow Katie, you are so inventive!!! I love it. =D

26. Nikki Douglas says:

I am so glad that you check out this stuff before I do! Mom and I were just talking about making nachos and I think we will try this – thanks!

27. every gym's nightmare says:

so those were your dinner last? cause i gotta tell ya, i dont think you are eating enough….

and i have to sencond the creatviity comment- i cant think of more than 2 things to have with chicken, so compared to me you are like a recipe book.

28. brook says:

i’ve seen your friend, but i haven’t met him yet. i shall pick him up next time! i adore all the plates of your! :)

by the way, i moved my blog to!

29. ~randi~ says:

oh my yum! I’ve got to find this stuff. Thank for introducing me to your friend. ;P

30. Vaishali says:

Haven’t tried this before- thanks for the tip. All the food looks super-delicious.

31. oatmeal says:

Wow–your friend sure is handy to have around in the kitchen! I love how you’re able to create so many different dishes with one item! I’ll be sure to look out for your new friend the next time I head over to the grocery store XD

32. Urban Vegan says:

Wow. I thought I had tried them all. This looks amazing!

33. Amy says:

I just wrote about Yves ground round. I wonder if Smartlife is better though!

34. Katy says:

I like that stuff too! I haven’t had it in a while, so thanks for the reminder!

35. Kingshuk says:

Wow!! The food looks so yummy..