Fresh Fruit takes over the World

The Crystal Cruise line could easily rename itself “The Fruit Cruise” due to the plethora of fruit at every single turn:

Fruit buffet table.

Another restaurant, another day… but still the fruit makes its presence known.

One of my favorite desserts, because of its beauty, was fresh fruit in a coconut shell. Sadly, you couldn’t eat the coconut meat; it was too hard. But the plum slices were especially ripe.

(Buying berries in Aix-en-Provence)

It was hard to choose, but I finally decided on raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries. These juicy gems were well worth the expensive price. I ate some raspberries right away, and my sister and I brought the others back to our mini-fridge to snack on during the next few days… not like we needed to, since there were so many berries already offered on the boat. But hey, it’s not every day one gets to buy fresh berries from a farmer’s market in Provence (well, unless you’re lucky enough to live there).

Below is one of my favorite pictures from the trip. Walking along Las Ramblas, in Barcelona, one could find all sorts of costumed people– an alien, a gladiator, a devil, a human tree (?!)…

¡Ole!

And thus ends a very fruity post.

1. Lauren says:

wow.. who could go hungry with all that delicious fruit around! it all looks so beautifully arranged.
    and i love the last pic too…haha so cute! 🙂

2. fruity says:

mm, mm, mm, my dream come true!

3. Mihl says:

I’ve seen that woman too! (When I was in Barcelona last year). Oh, what a colourfull trip. Isn’t fresh fruit the best food in the world?

4. Cody says:

I love the coconut shell. It just looks so yummy.

5. Green Eyes, Green Heart says:

“Adorable” does not even begin to describe this post! The pics are great!
    Glad to know I’m not the only person who gets *slightly* over-excited at the sight of fresh fruit! 😀

6. Ruby Red Vegan says:

I have to say, you look great in that fruity hat. You should wear it every day!

It seems like your cruise was good for health-conscious people, with all that fruit they were serving! The fruit dessert served in the coconut bowl looks so fun! You’re going to have so many great stories when you get back to school. “Oh yeah, when I was in Provence…”

7. Aimee says:

I had so much fruit on my vacation too. Although it was mainly pineapple. I couldn’t believe how good the pineapple in Hawaii was!!! Your fruit looks wonderful. I love your vacation posts…I loved Monaco and took a similar picture as the one with your sister and mom when I was there years ago!!

8. mad about udon says:

I always find foreign fruit markets fascinating for their local produce.
    Great pics!

9. Caitlin says:

That sounds amazing….I love fruit! Making your own lunches to bring along sightseeing makes a lot of sense. I understand what you mean about wasting time looking for vegan-friendly restaurants (especially if you’re only in a city for a day)…that’s what I worry about when I travel! I don’t want to make everyone else I’m with waste sightseeing time looking for vegan restaurants. What I would really love when traveling is to stay in places with a kitchen and cook lots of yummy food myself! 🙂

10. Danielle says:

Fruit, glorious, fruit. I love all your pictures, it sounds like you had the most wonderful food… I mean time… 🙂

11. Latayy says:

you could have eaten the meat but you could have cut it out and grate it. It gives me a tummy ache sometimes but it is a great to eat and a nice flavour. That salad looks great

12. trustmyintuition says:

Hey there! I’d be in heaven with all of that fruit! My goodness! You are so lucky that the people there treated you very well and were able to accommodate you. I have been worried about this myself, lately because I will be going to Mexico in December and staying at a resort (all-inclusive deal). I went last year to the same place, but I can’t really remember if there was much that is vegan. I’m going to have to call and find out, but hopefully I will be as lucky as you!!

13. Alice (in Veganland) says:

Hahaha,¡Olé!

14. herbstsonne says:

Yum yum!! 😀

15. VeganCowGirl says:

Great picture of you with the fruit queen!!!

16. Kati says:

I always thought it’d be tough eating vegan on a cruise, but you’ve shown that one could even be fruitarian and still eat very well!

What a wonderful vacation!

17. Nikki Douglas says:

Let’s hear it for the fruit! I would love to be on your blog roll – thanks for stopping by mine and commenting!

18. Fitnessista says:

all of the fruit looks so beautiful and delicious!!! the last pic is way cute!

have a great day!

19. Ricki says:

What an amazing abundance of fruit! Love the Barcelona pic, too–was there a reason all these people were dressed up, or did they just do it for fun??

20. chandra says:

It seems like you had such a wonderful trip!! Such beautiful sights and food! I love the last pic, totally something I would do! 🙂