Fall's Favorite Curry

My proclivity for not following recipes can be both a positive and a negative; some of my experiments turn out amazingly well, whilst others go horribly wrong. Today’s dish is definitely an example of the former. True, it may be filled with “B” ingredients (broccoli, butternut squash, bell peppers…), but as far as taste goes, Fall’s Favorite Curry gets an A+! (Recipe here)
Photos:
(With a border of spinach and a side of bulgur pilaf)

(Up close and personal)

(With Lightlife chick’n strips, vegan-buttered toast, and some pistachios)

(More toast, spinach mixed in, and some leftover smoked tofu I wanted to use up)

I’m going to be mean and make you wait until my next post for the recipe… actually, it’s not because I’m mean but because I need to go write an essay. So if anyone is mean, it’s my history teacher. (But in reality she is a very nice lady!)

EDIT: Recipe can be found here.

1. Conquerbysmiling says:

I love vegan chicken strips! the BEST! And the curry looks yummilicious!

2. Animal-Friendly says:

I can’t wait for the recipe for your curry! I love all of the ways that you served it and I’ll keep that in mind next time I make curry.

3. Cody says:

I’m fairly sure I’ve never had a craving for buttered toast before… in fact, I hate putting butter on bread for any reason, save for garlic bread… but, it sounds really good right about now. Weird.

Everything looks yummy.

4. happyherbivore.com says:

yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. yum. I’m so in the mood for a curry now!

5. ConsiderEatz! says:

Yum, Im loving your little curry wreath 🙂 Looks fantastic!
    I’ve never had those Chicken strips… They freak me out a bit to be honest! What are they like?

6. Joanna says:

that looks so darn good. i need to get some of these chick’n strips. i just had lightlife tempeh, which is AMAZING, so i know these have to be good, too.

7. Erin of Care to Eat says:

Oh la la!
    I love the spinach border. Reminds me of a wreath. 🙂

8. Lauren says:

Yum! You are so creative with your meals!

9. shelby says:

I love the baby spinach border =)
    I can’t wait for the recipe!!!

10. Wholesome Foodie says:

Oh my goodness those all look SOOOOOOOO good.
    I can’t wait for the recipe!

11. just me says:

i love the spinach border…such a pretty presentation!

12. T says:

I love butternut squash in curry, what a perfect combo!

13. lighterportions says:

I love the spinach “border”
    And I want to see this recipe so get crackin! Finish up that essay pronto!
    I’ve never made anything with curry before. I think it’s about time I do!

14. Brooke says:

yum, i love your fall curry! it looks delicious. i also have the same problem with following recipes…but sometimes it is more fun to experiment!

15. beauty and bread says:

I just read a ton of your recipes and your profile and I wanted to comment because I am also a 22 year-old college senior in Texas. I’ve only been a vegan for about 8 months, but I agree that it is so rewarding. You make everything look so easy and delicious!

16. Alice (in Veganland) says:

So… You want me to be your personal chef? and how am I supposed to cook something better than this A+ curry?! :-D. Ah, if it weren’t so difficult to get a visa…I’d be right there! For lunch!

17. shellyfish says:

Please feed me. Please. You could come and be a live-in nanny & personal chef, and hey, you could learn French in return!? What cha think?

18. CeciLiA says:

Gosh, that curry looks mighty delicious!! It might be a good idea to point out which brand of curry powder you use (coz the one that I bought is oh so horrible) …

Btw, don’t ya know that I’m impatient?!! … and yet, you want ME to wait till the next post for the recipe?!? Geez, I wonder who is the mean bean here 🙂

19. Nazarina A says:

I love your experimenting spirit. You go girl, curries are indeed complex, but you pulled it off! Looks delish!

20. Jen says:

i love me some curry, and that looks great! my problem is getting my curries to taste different. all of mine tend to taste the same. my friend mari says curry is really hard to perfect because so many ingredients go into it.