Yumlicious!

Hey, if Fergie can do it (Fergalicious) and Beyonce can do it (Bootylicious), why can’t I do it?

Besides, it is in the humble opinion of this chocolate-covered girl that “Yumlicious” is a much more exciting made-up word than Rachael Ray’s word. Yum-o? How about Lame-o!

vegan chocolate pudding

Choco-licious Chocolate Pudding

Makes 2 servings, about 1/2-cup each (but you can easily double the recipe)

• 3 teaspoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder (such as Hershey’s Special Dark)
  • 1 and 1/3 cups milk of choice
  • 2 heaping teaspoons agar agar flakes
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • Optional: a tiny drop of almond extract (not even 1/8tsp—this stuff is strong!)
  • sugar or stevia, to taste

Measure the milk into a pot. Bring to a boil with the agar flakes, salt, cocoa powder, and almond extract, if using. After it starts to boil, add the sugar (or use stevia), then lower to a simmer until the agar flakes pretty much dissolve. Turn off heat and leave for a few minutes to cool, then cover and stick in the fridge. Later, when it’s cooled and gelled, use your hand blender! (Alternatively, transfer the contents of the pot to a regular blender or food processor.)

Agar can be tricky; here’s a post on getting it right every time:

Agar Tips and Tricks

Now, as for eating: This tastes AMAZING if you stir in a little Soyatoo whipped cream just prior to eating. (Don’t just put the whipped cream on top; stir it in!)

D to the e to the l-i-c-i-o-u-s…

Tags: , , , ,

1. magpie says:

Where do you find agar agar flakes? I have them on my list from one of your previous posts but every time I go to the store I’m too rushed to look for them properly. Looks delish 🙂 Good luck with the end of the semester!

2. Becca says:

“Yumlicious, Yum Yum. You put the chocolate in the bowl -all the vegans come around . Yumlicious, Yum Yum!”
    Wow, that was a sorry attempt at changing the lyrics to Fergalicious . Oh well.
    That chocolatey soyatoo blend looks INCREDIBLE! Or should I say, Yumlicious?;)

3. ConsiderEatz! says:

I second that LAME-O!!!!! Your are such the little chocolate covered chef, Katie, looks fab as usual!

4. Katie says:

Yumlicious pudding! That is my kind of dessert.

1. Aslan says:

This is just the perceft answer for all of us

5. Lauren says:

YUMlicious is right! That pudding looks so rich and delicious!! I may not bake or make sweets much, but I do love me some chocolately richness every so often! 🙂

6. shelby says:

Ok I am making this. Now. Ok maybe not now…but very very soon. I love the swirled mess o chocolate!

I saw Ricki’s post and she makes your cereal look fabulous!!! Not that it needs to look pretty to taste amazing.

7. ttfn300 says:

i’d love to know where you find them to(agar agar), i looked at TWO whole foods last weekend and didn’t find them 🙁

8. Cody says:

Yumlicious! Pudding is a quick-snack I miss. A lot.

And “yumlicious” totally beats “yum-o.”

9. tofufreak says:

YEE-UM. bahahahaha. 🙂 that looks vunderbar!

10. vegannurse says:

Wow, this looks so good, I would even try making it (and you know I’m not that big a fan of chocolate, but in this case, I’ll make an exception for this yumlicious dessert)!

Congrats on finishing the semester!! Time to party.. whoop-whoop!

Well, time for YOU to party and time for me to start hittin’ the books.. sigh..

Btw, I personally love the word “yumo”, lol, but I do agree, yumlicious is a bazillion times better. 🙂

11. Ruby Red Vegan says:

Dare I say it?

That pudding looks yumlicious!

Yes! I used the vocab word of the day! I am glad I got that out of the way because I think it would be embarrassing saying it in public. 🙂

I like unsweet chocolate, too! My favorite chocolate bars are the super dark ones, with 88 or 89% cacao. I totally wanna try a 100% cacao one, though! I dare you first, hehe.

12. T says:

I’ve been specifically craving chocolate pudding lately, believe it or not! Such a classic technique to add a little almond extract in there, yum! Another way to bring out extra chocolate-ness is to put a tiny bit of expresso- you can’t really taste it but it enhances the chocolate.

13. HangryPants says:

Definitely yumlicious!!!!

What about vegalicious?

14. Anonymous says:

Whatever happened to all that packaged chocolate pudding you bought a while ago? That was a lot!! Did you eat it all yet?! That pudding looks yummy and I have some agar agar flakes that need to be used hmmm…

15. Veg-a-Nut says:

Darn, I read you post after I posted my dinner or I would have used the word of the day, because it was yumlicious!

I will be posting this recipe on my fridge so when DH is craving dessert I can whip this up for him. Way to go!!!

16. Ricki says:

Anything with chocolate in it is “yumlicious” in my books! And thanks for the shout-out about the blog post. . . seriously, that is one of my all-time favorite breakfasts ever! 🙂

PS Love the Soyatoo smile!

17. Vegetation says:

HEY! I like the word yummo! It most definitely looks yumlicious though!

18. VeganCowGirl says:

Katie – loving that pudding recipe. Usually I use soft tofu and then whir it up with my hand blender, but I think I might give this one a try. And for the record – you can do ANYTHING that fergie or beyonce can do!

19. CeciLiA says:

OOOOoo, I’m so glad you like the pudding 😀 I haven’t tried it with whipped ‘cream’ yet (coz there’s no soy whipped cream here in Perth) but eating it with chocolate sauce is AWESOME! Btw, the other day, I drizzled a melted piece of dark chocolate over the pud, O.M.G. AMAZING!!!!

20. Eric says:

Whoa that looks so good! I’m such a chocoholic, now you’ve really got me craving some puddin’