New Year, New Blog Features

Around the world, people observe the New Year by making changes in their lives– they vow to stop smoking, lose weight, be more social. Perhaps they debut a new haircut or throw out the “old” boyfriend (ok, that last example is rather harsh… but you know what I mean!). This year, I decided to join the masses and make some changes– on my blog– by adding a new feature.

The new feature is Chocolate-Covered Meal of the Day. I’m adding this feature in a response to requests that I show more of what I eat in a day. I know some people have asked if I can post about everything I eat every day, but there’s just no way I’d have the time (nor the desire nor patience!) to do that. So hopefully this can be a compromise.  In each post (or almost every post), I’ll highlight one meal or snack I’ve eaten (probably from a few days before, because I also don’t have the patience to transfer photos from my camera every day).

Chocolate-Covered Meal of the Day
Second breakfast. My sister says she wants to put Hobbit pictures up around my place at the breakfast table. Funny sense of humor, that one…

Two Optimum Power Blueberry Waffles, raspberry “ice cream,” and marinated seitan-n-peppers.

Strange-weather story: I ate this breakfast after running in 70-degree weather. The very next day it proceeded to drop to 20 degrees, with predictions of an ice storm. Talk about mood swings!

1. Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) says:

Love all the pink & red in your brekkie, but where is the chocolate? 🙂 Thanks for posting. Can't wait to hear about your 2nd new blog feature!

2. talieworld says:

Too bad about the waffles! I really liked those to! Love the colorful breaskfast!

3. Halie says:

Chocolate-Covered Meal of the Day is a great addition to your blog!

4. Amira says:

that is so cool, great addition and those waffles look scrumptious. I really wanna know the second feature, can’t wait. Oh and i laughed out loud when i read the hobbit bit (my sister looked at me like i was insane lol!)

5. carolinebee says:

FUNN new additions! I like the compromise…ha second breakfast- I freakin’ looove LOTR 😀

6. Becca says:

Please say your not talking about the Van’s ones being discontinued! noooo.

7. shelby says:

Ooo, I love the colorful breakfast and the new feature!!

I really liked those waffles as well, I guess that’s why I couldn’t find them anymore =(

8. Ruby Red Vegan says:

I like this new feature! And I also like how you have waffles and raspberries in the same meal with seitan! I am sorry your lovely waffles are being discontinued… I remember how they recently reformulated those Attune bars you liked so only one kind is vegan — why do they keep taking away your nummies? 🙁

9. Meg says:

Love the new feature and can’t wait to see the second feature.

Yummy waffles!

10. Ricki says:

Great new feature! And the raspberry ice cream also looks great. . . gotta get me a Magic Bullet (despite the cheezy commercials)!

11. imadedinner says:

Do you have Elevenses too?

12. foodfashionfun says:

yay! I love the new blog feature!

13. jenny says:

i like this new feature!
    hobbit. haha funny word. i thought it was a rabbit until i clicked the link. oo i wish i had the time to be a hobbit.

14. lauren says:

Yay! I was one of the ones who asked you to show more meals because you always eat so much but it all looks so fun and creative and gives me ideas. Thanks!

15. Kiki says:

Cool addition to your blog! It’ll certainly make me happy! Such a pretty, colorful second breakfast.

16. jane says:

I can’t believe the weather goes from 70 to 20! I didnt even think it went as low as 20 in Texas!

I am so jealous to hear about running in 70 degree weather- it’s only January and I’m already sick of wearing two headbands and trying to blow my nose while running ;/

17. Erin of Care to Eat says:

Oh Texas weather, why are you so bizarre?

18. ttfn300 says:

oh no! why would they discontinue?? 🙁 i hate when weather gets confused!

19. Juliet says:

Yay! I already love your new feature! 🙂 It is so interesting to see what people eat. One thing, though — I always figured you had chocolate at every meal. 🙂

20. laci says:

I love the ” silky berry sorbet” made with only soymilk and berries ontop of waffles too! did your marinate the sieten/peppers in any sauce/dressing? And no chocolate =0
    thanks! =)