Good News: Chocolate Nirvana now comes in a jar…

…and it can be purchased at a store near you! (Or online, if need be.)

Don’t let the unassuming wrapper fool you; inside is the stuff of which dreams are made– dark chocolate-covered dreams, that is. To my fellow vegans: Remember Reeses cups? Remember Nutella? This is so much better! (Not to mention healthier.)

Since this divine food of the chocolate gods is such a recent addition to my ever-growing list of culinary addictions, I’ve not experimented much with it yet– so far, I can say that it’s delicious on banana, mixed into oat bran, and eaten plain. But I’m betting it’d be super-good on muffins, waffles, or pancakes (like icing, only better!), or subbed for regular pb in cookies, shakes or smoothies, pie, or pb-banana sandwiches…

On second thought, forget all that; I’m just going to keep eating it straight from the jar! Also worth mentioning is the cinnamon-raisin peanut butter by the same company.

It’s not chocolate, so it has no chance of beating out the chocolate pb for #1 spot in my heart. But it’s a close second! I especially love the chewy raisin pieces. Next to try is White Chocolate Wonderful. If it’s even half as good as the other two, I may have to seriously consider switching to the Pea-gan diet (definition: a person who eschews all food except peanut butter). Louie, this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Chocolate-Covered Song of the Day

Can you guess which group comes to mind for today’s song? Hint: look at the title of this post 😉

1. ConsiderEatz! says:

I haven’t tried that Dark chocolate dreams, It’s a bit intimidating 😉 You got me with NUTELLA though!! I may just have to give it a go.
    How cool, congrats on the feature my little chocolate covered friend!
    -Caroline

2. Emma the Eco-Princess! says:

Oh wow, that does sound delicious, especially the white chocolate one. And the raisin one. And the other one… Okay, they all sound delicious!!

3. Jemima says:

Aaah I LOVE Dark Chocolate Dreams.. it’s so good! I also love the White Choc one which is slighlty crunchy… *drools* So good in porridge (oatmeal) 🙂
    Isn’t it nice the pictures are working again?

4. Romina says:

Best peanut butter EVER!!!

5. Marianne says:

I have yet to try the Dark Chocolate Dreams, simply because I still have half a jar of Nutella in my cupboard. I do have both the White Chocolate and Cinnamon Raisin though, and both are quite lovely in their own right 🙂

6. Kiki says:

I love PB and Co!! Seriously, if I had to name my favorite inventor, next to George Washington Carver, it would be the people who came up with these flavored peanut butters!

7. Sagan says:

Oh that sounds so good!

Me, I love PB2- it comes in a chocolate flavor too. I've never had any other flavors though; I need to try some Peanut Butter & Co!

8. shelby says:

I’m still a little nervous about PB…yet I can eat AB. Isn’t that weird? I guess it has to do with saturated fats and things like that. I’ve spent like 5 minutes in front of the aisle just debating if I wanted to buy the Dark Chocolate PB but I never did. I think you’ve convinced me to though!

I had the cinnamon raisin one and I really like that one too.

9. Vegyogini says:

I only think the Chocolate Covered Dreams is ok. The Heat Is On, on the other hand, is AMAZING! I haven’t tried Cinnamon Raisin Swirl or White Chocolate yet. I’ll let you know when I do!

10. federal vegan (kate) says:

Oh man, I love those too! The Maple one is sooooo good, even better than the chocolate ones in my opinion.

11. Erin of Care to Eat says:

I haven’t tried that one but I love white chocolate wonderful. 🙂 Love love love anything super sweet.
    You made it on mizfit’s site?! THAT’S AWESOME!
    P.S. I believe what you said about Lubbock being very veg unfriendly. I think I’m limited to iceberg salads, but hopefully I’m wrong!

12. Eddie G says:

Is it as good as Chocoreale? Some of my Spiral friends and I had vegan crepes with the stuff….Amazing!

13. lighterportions says:

The White Chocolate Wonderful is exactly as the title states: WONDERFUL. I’m so insanely sad that I haven’t yet found the Dark Chocolate Dreams. WHERE ARE YOU?!

I think the Pea-gan diet is going to be the next biggest diet fad. And I’m SO jumping on that bandwagon. That’s one diet that I’m more than willing to attempt.

14. Meg says:

Those PB’s rock, but I can’t eat them anymore due to allergies. Enjoy some for me!

15. foodfashionfun says:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I’m DYING to try all these yummy different kinds of peanut butter!! !they look DELICIOUS! I guess I’ll have to wiat until I get to the state sthough, bleh.
    Hahaha! I LOVE the meal of the day, that would be AMAZING!

16. Kiersten says:

I bet the chocolate peanut butter would be good in some kind of dessert, like brownies. I really need to find some of those in my stores here, I am a peanut butter fanatic…you can never have too much peanut butter!

17. carolinebee says:

HA peagan, love iit

18. talieworld says:

I LOVE both of those PBs!!! I love that song a lot to! 🙂

19. lighterportions says:

I tried checking out the dark chocolate dreams on their website but it looks like they don’t ship to Canada. 🙁 I would take you up on your offer but I think out of country shipping is pretty darn pricey? Blah. I shall keep my eyes open though. Maybe ONE of these days the dark chocolate will show up on the shelves.. *fingers crossed*

20. ttfn300 says:

have you tried or experimented with the heat is on??