For those of you who don’t own a Vita-mix: Do not despair! You can still make this chocolatey recipe. It might not have the same ice-cream consistency, but I’m sure it’ll be just as delicious!
Chocolate-Covered Ice Cream
Makes two HUGE servings (or four 1/2-cup servings)
- 8 grams (about 1 and 1/2 T) Hershey’s Special Dark (For most recipes, I use regular cocoa powder, as it has more antioxidants. But the Special Dark tastes much better in this recipe.)
- 4 grams (about 1 T) Amazing Grass Super Chocolate powder (Or skip this and just add more of the Special Dark cocoa)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (I use 70 grams almond milk. If you don’t have a Vitamix, you may need to add more liquid for the mixture to blend.)
- 2-6 ice cubes (I use 6)
- 1 bag frozen strawberries (about 250 grams)
- If you have a bigger sweet tooth than my non-existent one, feel free to add sweetener
.Throw everything in the Vita-Mix or blender, and blend away!
- Either before or after blending, throw in some chocolate chips
- Sprinkle coconut shavings on top of the finished creation.
- Use chocolate syrup instead of cocoa powder
- For an even more decadent ice cream, use melted chocolate chips in place of the cocoa powder.
The gorgeous Vita-Mix ice cream creation, after spending a few seconds in my Vita-Mix.
Chocolate-Covered Song of the Day
Beautiful Day (U2) It was cold and windy in the morning (20 degrees), so I decided to wait until the afternoon to run. By then, it was 63 and sunny—the perfect weather, both for running and for listening to the above song. And no, the 40-degree weather change is not an anomaly in Dallas. Some days, it starts out at 20 and goes up to the 80s! You never know how to dress!