Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Get Your Grain On

Look who we’ve got our grains on now.
(No, it’s not Michael Jordan. And no, it’s not Jennifer Love Hewitt, either.)

1. shelby says:

Faaabulous meals my friend.
    I’m loving the greenery 😉 But I should expect no less from you.

Can’t wait for the yogurt!!!

2. Krista says:

It all looks tasty! Those square plates in your first pic look really cute under all that veggie-goodness!

3. Kiki says:

It took me the longest time to get the joke at the beginning of this post! I though hmmm is grains some fancy basketball term? Ha.

Great meals! I love all the yummy ways you make veggies. Can’t wait for yogurt making!

4. T says:

I find myself thinking of your meals when I cook now, and trying to always add in a little something that I’m missing… a small salad, a handful of walnuts, a side of chutney… I just love the way you put things together!

5. ttfn300 says:

Yummy, love it!!

6. DJ says:

I’m SO waiting for your yogurt-making tutorial! And that kamut just looks so lovely and creamy!

7. Cookiemouse says:

Love those square plates!

8. Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) says:

I am so excited about the yogurt post, and can I just share my new love of SBL with you? I’ve been eating it everyday – almost as much as my almond butter. Now, that’s saying a lot! Thanks for tip.

9. Kailey (SnackFace) says:

I’m interested to see the yogurt-making post! Is this cheaper than buying yog? Taste better too? Gathering from your meals and posts, it will probably be both. And fabulous:)

10. Laci says:

Did you like the bckwheat, spelt or kamut? Sadly, I’ve probably only used one of the three, and that was spel for baking! 😉

11. Maggie says:

i love your grains 🙂 your meals are so pretty and balanced.

12. luckytastebuds says:

wow that is SO awesome that you lived in Shanghai as well! That’s very cool! I hope you liked living there. The food is rediculously cheap, but i can’t imagine how difficult it would be getting your protein there (apart from tofu) if you’re vegan. And geez, you should be a chef! 😀

13. ConsiderEatz! says:

Broiled spag squash!? Do you do this AFTER your bake it? Sounds intriguing, I need to know! 😉

I agree on the Ketchup, bleghh!

14. sweetandfit says:

CCV! i must have some of those curried veggies!

15. foodsthatfit says:

I love the pretty flowers! Just good meal ideas!

16. Erin says:

Will you come be my cook?
    I love your meals! So much variety and deliciousness!

17. whatawalnut says:

Nice flowers in that last shot. Very classy! Totally loving all the grains, too.

18. talieworld says:

All the new grains sound so interesting! And all yours meals look delish! 🙂

This might be a stupid question but could you please explain the reference in the beginning of the post? I’ve seriously been rereading it for like ten minutes and I still can’t get it!

19. River says:

Yogurt-Making 101! Bring it on!!

Chopsticks are fun! Too bad they are a big hazard when in my hands. You are a true master of chopsticks!

20. vegannurse says:

you and your grains, katie!

i always feel intimidated by all these different types of grains, but after seeing them on your blog makes me want to try em all.

hope you’re having a good week, girl!