Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Fish are Friends, not Food

Do you have a childhood memory of a favorite book or movie? You know, the book or movie that you forced your poor parents to read/watch every single night? My favorite book was Snow White, and my sister’s was Where the Wild Things Are. Every night before bed, our poor mom had to read both books to us, or we wouldn’t go to sleep!

I got my comeuppance when I was in high school and started babysitting for an adorable boy, Daniel. Little Daniel adored the movie Finding Nemo (my post title is a line from the movie), and he made me watch it– in its entirety– each time I came over. Thanks to this, I can now proudly(?) say that I’m able to recite every line of Finding Nemo without hesitation.

Someone recently left a comment asking for more details about the fishy bowl featured in one of my previous posts. So, dear anonymous commenter, here is a picture of the flower plate and fish bowls, completely naked. Oh the scandal!

And since we’re on the subject of fish, I just *have* to show you a picture of the cutest little espresso cup in the entire world!

This cup hails from one of my favorite locations: Sorrento, Italy. (My other two favorite locations are Thailand and New York City, respectively.) What are your favorite cities/countries/places in the world?

1. ttfn300 says:

hehe, love nemo!! i have a fish spoon rest on my oven 🙂

2. Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) says:

Love the fishies. I have too many favorite places…and most of them involve mountains. I love Colorado, Jackson, WY, and northern Italy. I know there are many more, but these are the first that come to mind.

3. DJ says:

I love your fishy espresso set! And Finding Nemo always makes me cry – I first saw it when pregnant with Rory and the whole idea of this hesitant, OCD fish going on a mammoth journey through the Big Blue to find his little boy… I mean fish!… yeah, those pregnancy hormones really kicked my ass with regards to young Nemo. MY favourite books were Enid Blyton’s Malory Towers stories. I remember reading them illicitly until the early hours of the morning and longing to be one of the main characters, Alicia…

4. Lauren says:

I always say “fish are friends, not food” whenever someone asks me if I eat fish..haha! Love those plates and that cup is the most adorable thing ever!

5. Virginia says:

omgoodness!!! those dishes are the cutest things i have seen all day!

6. Lizzy says:

I used to be obsessed with Petterson & Findus books and the Madita movies from Astrid Lindgren 😉

7. T says:

Such cute dishes! Making your place-settings nice is the best way to make yourself eat healtheir, I’ve found. Just standing at the fridge grazing always leads to trouble.

And I still haven’t seen that movie, I heard its so good! Maybe not 100 times though…

8. Laci says:

Adorable bowls! I currently babysit adorable little boys who are in love with space chimps! ;D

9. shelby says:

Aren’t little kids the greatest?! I’ve seen Toy Story (my brother’s currrent favorite) about 98475934875203 times. Now they’re moving on to The Cat in the Hat with Mike Myers. I can tolerate that though because it has some more mature humor in it. Weird how kid’s movies are like that.

But enough babbling, that is such a cute cup!

10. Ricki says:

Those bowls are adorable! One of my sisters collects fish things. . .I’d love to get her a bowl as a gift! And I suppose now I have to go watch Finding Nemo. . . 😉

11. Animal-Friendly says:

I LOVE Finding Nemo! Even though I was older than the usual Nemo fan when it was released, it has been one of my favorites for years.

Your espresso cup is too cute and the matching saucer just makes it that much better.!

12. Sarah says:

I love your dishes!

13. I ♥ puggies says:

Your fishy dishes are darling!

14. cherry_lips says:

awww lovely fishies!!
    i have a fish called Zoolander xD
    i was a pescetarian and then i realized the hipocresy of having a pet fish and eating tuna :S so i became vegan ^^
    i can’t wait for the chocolate mouse!

15. Bethany says:

nemo rocks! I love it when they escape the dentist’s office.

that cup and saucer are so cute!

16. aTxVegn says:

Awww, you are such a sweetie! A beautiful, diminutive, purple, vegan Texas sweetie!

My dad would tell me funny stories instead of read to me. I have such a great memory of that.

I, however, read to my son and nieces and nephews *Are You My Mother?* a gazillion times. There was a lost little animal (can’t remember exactly what) roaming around asking all the wrong species *are you my mother?* and the kids would shake their heads no and look so sad – until the end, when the little one found his mother. We all cheered and went to sleep feeling safe and happy.

The End.

17. Maggie says:

you have the cutest dishes. i don’t know where my favorite place is – i haven’t been to enough! somewhere warm though.

18. Erin says:

I love your fishies. And dried mango is yummy! Good luck with your busy schedule!

19. Kiki says:

Love that movie! I was just quoting lines with my friends today. Cute dishes and espresso dish!

20. Meg says:

I love the espresso cup!