Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

I like it RAW

After eating the zucchini fries cooked, I decided to try them again, only raw this time.  The verdict?  I like them raw!  There’s just something about the crunch. Take a look at those gorgeous green things:

1. Brandi says:

Sometimes I like music whilst working out, sometimes I don’t.

I’m *hopefully* trying one of your recipes soon :) I have to remember to get the ingredients!

2. I like music when I work out. Usually dance and techno get me pumped and make me work harder.

3. Kiki says:

I like music when I work out. It’s usually songs that I would never listen to if I was just sitting around, like hip hop haha.

4. carolinebee says:

i gotta have some tunes! I like zucchini crunchy better as well- hm too bad i can’t use that one as my ccv “recipe” ;D Raw zucchini sticks would be a snap!

5. Natalie says:

I pretty much refuse to work out without music!

The raw zucchini sticks sound great. :)

6. Erin says:

I made your mom’s collards! But I didn’t actually enter this contest so it’s cool :)

7. Sarah says:

hahaha, love your “naughty” post.

i’m music all the way at the gym, and i need crazy variety to keep me going — country, classical, hip hop, pop, r&b, showtunes, rock, metal — it’s all there!

8. Shelby says:

I have a weird phobia of raw zucchini and yellow squash…I don’t know why! haha

9. hahahah your too funny!!! im gunna try those raw too!!!

10. Marianne says:

Whether I listen to music while working out depends on what I’m doing. If I’m on the stairclimber or stationary bike, then I will, but I can’t on the elliptical because I can’t keep the pesky headphones in. I don’t listen to music when I ride my bike, because I just don’t think it’s safe. I will when I’m going for a walk, but I don’t always remember. Although, alot of times there is music playing where I’m working out anyways, so even if I’m not plugged in, I’ve got tunes!

11. Coconutgal says:

Hey Katie!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Yours is hilarious by the way, you have a great sense of humor. I know what you mean about the raw zucc!! I cut mine into fry form and use them as dip for guacamole! So good, so crunchy! They are mild enough to let the avocado and garlic flavors shine.
    I am amazed you run 8 miles. You are a machine! I am teeny tiny from my lack of absorption of food (I eat 2nd breakfasts too!!) so I cannot exercise at the moment but I am an avid runner and yogi at heart. When it comes to music I do both- it depends on my mood but good fast music with a steady beat definitely helps push you up those hills!

12. Bibis says:

hey katiee :)
    i looooove raw zucchini!
    but that’s not big news, i ADORE zucchini, it’s my favorite food ever! in fact i just ate a huge bowl of zucchini soup :)
    hey katie, can you post a veggie-burger recipe?or a bean-burger recipe? i want to cook burgers for my family on friday but they are not very much into soy-burgers!
    thnx ^^

13. Loved your savory and crunchy meal Katie! I like to run in silence. I often run on trails in the woods and really like to be aware of my surroundings. Plus, I think music would distract me from all the beauty of a lovely run.

However, if I’m in the gym, I go crazy without my iPod!

14. Erin says:

I love your meal, as always!
    I gotta have music to keep me going, at least if I’m inside!

15. laci says:

I made one of yuor recipes recently, I’ll be sure to post, check it out soon and add me onto your list please, thanks! 😀

16. melody says:

I need music!

I’m only a fan of raw zukes if they are spiralized into pasta or cut super thin.. I love the baked zucchini fried on your last post!

17. Kristie says:

8 miles of silence? YIKESO. I don’t know if I could do it. Although getting lost in your thoughts alone is sometimes kind of nice. I find I really need the music for that extra push to keep going though. Then again, I run on a treadmill so I don’t have the pretty nature and scenery to keep me occupied. Maybe I’ll try the outdoor thing once this winter business is up. If it will EVER be up… yeesh!

18. Meg says:

I definitely need music when I am working out! Sometimes when I am on the machines I prefer to watch TV.

19. ttfn300 says:

music, unless i’m running outside! I started for safety and a broken ipod, but now i like being alone with my thoughts :) well, most of the time!

20. Jane says:

i like the silence, too! plus, it’s safer cause you can hear cars and stuff.

21. Molly says:

I definitely need music! Don’t you feel bored when you aren’t listening to anything? I keep thinking of how much longer, how much longer…

22. Sorry I missed your move! OMG the new blog looks fabulous! I love it!! YAY!!

Thank you for your birthday wishes! I’m slowly trying to re-enter Blogland, feeling a bit better. We are on the road so I can’t enter your giveaway! BOO!!

Ah, I’ve missed the awesomeness that is your blog – and the awesomeness that is you! :)

23. Vaala says:

No music whist running (or any exercise for that matter…except for the music at the gym). All focus goes on the motions themselves (plus I’m so easily distracted and clumsy I could trip over my own feet!). I guess there can be a bit of talking when J and I are out there together but yep, no music. Maybe if running was more about just general exercise than training I might think about it though…

24. Emily says:

I like to listen to music; it helps me stay motivated!

25. Brandi C says:

I been following your blog for about a year and I love it. I’ve tried several of your recipes and I think you are AMAZING! (How do I get entered in the JOCOLAT contest?)

26. Brandi C says:

I been following your blog for about a year and I love it. I’ve tried several of your recipes and I think you are AMAZING! I’m not vegan, but I LOVE my fruits & veggies : ))

How do I get entered in the JOCOLAT contest?

27. I love raw zucchini! and shame on you for inappropriate content! lol…oh and I just made your Sandwich of Dreams!

28. AnAppleADay says:

Hey Katie!
    I’ve tried two of your wonderful recipes (actually more, but I only posted two of them).
    Here’s my post:

Does this mean I get three entries???

29. Sarah says:

I’d be scared at what I’d say to myself during an 8 mile run. I need the music to drown out the voices in my head 😉

30. Christy says:

LOL…well that means I am going to have to make some zucchini fries later tonight. I can keep some raw too just to see how I like’em.

I totally need workout music. Although I don’t normally like Flo Rida, I am totally digging his remake of Right Round. It keeps me going when I need the extra boost. Oh…I found the Biggest Loser also has some workout mixes on iTunes…love it! :-)

31. Sanja says:

Congrats on your new blog! It looks lovely.

I discovered raw zucchini a while ago and was surprised by the taste. I always thought it was one of those veggies you could only eat warm.

32. Mariposa says:

ohhh i dont think i could work out without music! or background noise! sometimes i have the TV on for the Peanut and I work out- doing Pilates or something and watch with her. I mean…. who doesnt like to watch Suite Life of Zach and Cody????

love your RAW eats!

33. jen molica says:

yer so funny. i work out to total body sculpt by gilad, so i guess the music would be described as cheezy techno aerobic workout stuff. i also like to take long walks and i often do that sans music because i like to hear the nature sounds out where i live-(and i’m too poor to afford the luxury of an i-pod).

i don’t think i’ll ever go completely raw, but many of these blogs have inspired me to eat more raw foods during the day. an apple a day really does keep the doctor away!

34. Kiersten says:

I love raw zucchini. I like it cooked too, but every now and then I like crunching on some raw zucchini with my lunch. (I almost always eat some raw veggies at lunchtime) It’s good in salads too!

I don’t usually listen to music when I work out. I do a lot of thinking when I work out, so I like to keep it quiet.

35. kaila says:

I would prefer to listen to music, but the earphones always fall outa my ears! So I’ve learned to love the sound of silence 😛

36. VeganTickles says:

I prefer to work out while listening to electronic music like Moby and Paul Oakenfold. It hypes me up.

37. jrsimon56 says:

8 miles! What a dynamo! I must make the zucchini fries!

38. Katie says:

You should try tofu fries…amazing!

1. Oooh that sounds intriguing… I’ll have to google it. Thanks for the idea! :)