Friends don’t let friends hate oatmeal

There I was, extolling the amazingness that is oatmeal, when my friend interrupted me with this bombshell: “I don’t like oatmeal.”

First thought to run through my head: “I can’t be friends with you anymore.”

Kidding! But I did decide that dear friend’s mind needed changing.  And thus the challenge began.

-Me: Well what kinds of things do you like?  In other words, what is your absolute favorite food?

-Friend: Hmmm, probably pizza.

Uh-oh; this was going to be tougher than I thought.oatmeal

Let’s backtrack, shall we?

-Me: What is your absolute favorite dessert food?

-Friend: Warm chocolate chip cookies, straight from the oven.

Now, that I can work with.  *Heads to the secret Oatmeal Lair*   In my next post, I shall reveal the results ;).

1. Shelby says:

I can’t wait to see your next oatmeal combination!!! Hopefully you got your friend to like it =)

2. Marianne says:

I dunno, pizza oats doesn’t necessarily sound all that bad. Ya know, as a savory concoction. Hmmm. Now I want pizza.

And my brain goes on random tangents about everything and anything while I’m exercising most times, other times I just completely zone out and use it as a time to not think about anything.

3. Becca A says:

Lately I just zone out…random thoughts twitter about but lately I don’t get too caught up in anything.

4. Emily says:

I would have the exact same reaction regarding your friend not liking oatmeal! I talk about my oats so much [how I love them], and how everyone should love them. I now have my sister eating oats (former hater). Let’s reform the world, Katie! 🙂

5. *Andrea* says:

pizza oats!! haha how cute.

i just got back from a service trip over spring break and we were discussing food and fitness. anyways, i mentioned how i was trying to loose a few lbs and said how i have oatmeal for bfast every day and a girl on the trip said that it was fattening and i should stop 🙁 i hope she’s wrong lol

6. Katie,
    Way to introduce your friend to the wonderful world of oats. He/she obviously has never tasted one of your amazing creations. I bet someone’s mind was changed…can’t wait to hear about it. 🙂

7. Natalie says:

Hahaha! Sure a cute title of this post! I love spreading the oatmeal love. 🙂

I usually think about whatever song I’m listening to or how long I’ve been running.

8. megan8510 says:

Oh, I know your next oatmeal creation is going to be just wonderful!!!!!

9. Chocolate chip cookie oatmeal? Now THAT is something I cannot wait to see!

10. Nicole says:

I don’t know how I missed your move over here! I’m glad I found you again, Katie!

11. Yasmin says:

That picture scared me there for a second. I run in the morning, and this may sound shallow, but I think about what I’m going to wear for that day.

12. laci says:

Whoa who hates oats? (almost as bad as asking “who hates PB?” ) lol!!! 😀

13. lisaheartspizza says:

That pizza oatmeal looks soooo silly…I just wanted to say I think your blog is such a great blend of humor and uniqueness and food! And maybe your friend just had some bad instant oatmeal and gave up on the stuff. I hope there is a recipe tomorrow because oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are my most favorite! -Lisa D.

14. Brandi C says:

YAY! I can’t wait for the new recipe 🙂
    I like to think how lucky I am to be able to excersie, which me make me want to take care of my health that much more.

15. I don’t like oatmeal either – please don’t hate me! 🙂

If you can convert your friend, then maybe you can convert me! You almost turned me into a silken tofu lover, but then I went into my soy-free thing.

I LOVE that song! And Elvis!

16. Sweetie Pie says:

I think that’s a perfect strategy. Cookie inspiration led me to my molasses cookie oatmeal, which I’m now hooked on! Chocolate chip… I can’t wait to see what you came up with!!

Sometimes I think about how amazed I am to be able to exercise with the best of them, and I remember to be grateful for my weight loss. Other times I think about what I am going to eat after my workout. Hee hee! Those are my “high intensity workout thoughts.”

I think I’ve figured out some of my hardest life issues while walking. It’s lower intensity as far as exercise goes, but higher intensity for my sanity! I try to sneak in a couple of little walks a week on the days I rest from my usual workouts.

17. Diann says:

I don’t know how long I can wait for the next oatmeal post!

18. Erin says:

I’m not sure if there is a more heavenly combination than peanut butter and banana. It’s the best.
    I cannot wait to see this oatmeal concoction! I bet it is amazing!!

19. CCV, I think this is the best title for a post that you have ever come up with! And I’m with you — any person who doesn’t like oatmeal is just silly! Or maybe they’ve only had instant oats. But I think if you bring your pal over for breakfast and made him/her a fab bowl of oats, their mind would be changed! I can’t wait for the chocolate chip cookie inspired oaties!

When I exercise, I usually think about boys. Or food. Probably what my post-workout snack is going to be. Sometimes I like to pray while I’m exercising, too. But I keep my eyes open!

20. NAOmni says:

So much going on for you! I say do the post you like the best first…or like writing the best…and kudos for taking on the challenge of bringing people over to the oatmeal side!

NAOmni