My tongue has died and gone to Heaven

R.I.P. tongue.

Thank you so much to Tristan and the other nice folks at Artisana for sending me the cutest care package of samples I have ever seen. Artisana makes raw, organic nut butters in the following fun (and delicious) flavors: Pecan, Walnut, Macadamia Nut, Cashew, Tahini, and Almond.  They also produce a line of coconut-based spreads: Goji Bliss, Cacao Bliss, plain Coconut, and Amazon Bliss.

Is it even necessary to clarify which flavor this chocolate-loving girl sampled first?  (Tristan, how did you know I’d be needing a bigger jar of the cacao than all the others?)

One lick of the Cacao Bliss nut butter and my tastebuds were forever altered.  The flavor is reminiscent of a Mounds candy bar, but the texture is unlike anything I’ve ever tried before– so smooth and velvety. Artisana describes their coconut-butter spreads as “melting in your mouth” and WOW, do they ever!

z-226

Upon opening the jar, the contents are solid and crumbly.  But warm the container up a little (the instructions tell you to do this) and the nut butter magically transforms into a beautiful, melty-smooth spread that is out-of-this-world delicious.  Oh, and it’s super-healthy to boot. Don’t be alarmed at the high saturated-fat content; apparently sat fat from coconuts is not the same as saturated fat from animal sources.

Now, I promise that the reason I blog isn’t to get free samples.  But that being said, I’m certainly not complaining when they’re offered to me! Just take a look at the adorableness:

z-261

Look at how tiny!! (As a reference, the cacao jar in the middle is the size of a regular peanut butter jar.)

z-259

Unfortunately, the thing about free samples is that you run the risk of falling in love with a sample you wouldn’t have otherwise tried, which means you must then pay to buy more. If you can find this product, I highly recommend that you try it!  That goes for the other nut butters and coconut butters, too. Yes, I did try the other coconut butters, and yes, they were also very yummy.  But my credibility as a taste-judge was ruined when I chose to sample the cacao butter first, because—let’s face it—nothing will ever be as good as chocolate!

Chocolate-Covered Meal of the Day

z-231

Artisana Cacao Bliss butter and Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream

A post-workout snack for a hot Texas day.  (Another way I cooled off after my run yesterday: jumping in the pool, clothes and all.  I love warm weather!)

What’s your favorite warm-weather snack to help you cool off?

Tags:

1. I’ve had my eye on those nut butters for awhile, but they’re just so expensive! Oh well, maybe it’s better that I don’t get addicted to them!

AW!!! I love anything mini and those jars look adorable 🙂

2. Eddie G says:

Those sound yummy! I love the taste of coconut infused snacks…had lots of those last night!

Warm weather snack: frozen mango chunks 🙂

3. selina says:

oh my goodness. i just saw the cacao bliss last weekend & i thought about using it in my granola bars. i spend about 10 min. debating on whether or not i should get it. now i might just have to go back get it to use for my next batch. i bet the other flavors would work well in the granola bars too.

4. marafaye says:

OH MY GOD those look incredible! I love coconut, coconut butters… amazing!

5. jrsimon56 says:

Aw man! Swimming! It’s still in the 40s here in NY. And how sweet is your care package? 🙂 I gotta get some of that stuff. I guess you can buy online? As for warm weather cool down, I love home made frozen fruit bars…as soon as it warms up here I’m bustin’ out the popsicle molds!

6. Krista says:

I’ve seen that product before but have never thought to buy it. After reading your review I think I need to try it out!!

7. brandi says:

those look so good! i’ve never heard of them before.

8. Katharina says:

That sounds delicious! My mom loooves coconut oil and has books on its health benefits.

My favorite warm-weather cool off snack is a fruit smoothie. I loove mango, coconut, pineapple, papaya, any fruit basically. I also like a nice bowl of cold refreshing strawberry soup!

9. Lauren says:

I won a bottle of the coconut butter on a blog, I just love it!! 🙂 That company has some wonderful products!

10. Emmy says:

Neato- those look awesome. I’ll have to try some.

-E

11. Marianne says:

I love my jar of the Coconut Butter. It’s so luxurious! I’ve only seen a couple of their other spreads in the store, but never the cacao one. So jealous! I bet it’s beyond awesome. What a great sample pack!

12. Ricki says:

This stuff sounds incredible! Oh, moan, woe is me. . . once again, NAIC (not available in Canada). sniff boo hoo. . .

Having said that, how lucky are YOU to get such wonderful free samples?? You will be in nutbutter bliss for weeks to come, I’m sure! 🙂

13. Kiki says:

Wow, that looks amazing! I’m beginning to like coconut more and more so I’ll definitely keep an eye out for these. Those little jars are too cute!

14. Kate says:

OK this is just MEAN-;) I am SO jealous!!!! First, of all these nut butters!!!!! AWESOME girl. Second, jumping in the pool w/ your clothes on is seriously making me envision the end of school in anticipation of summer! That must have felt amaaaazing after a good run. But again, back to your free nut butter grub-so cool.

15. Oooh, Katie, you spoiled child! Those look so yummy. They would be perfect with oatmeal!

16. ttfn300 says:

i’ve seen these at the store, but the price tag prevented me from picking them up. i’m going to have to get the cacoa bliss now that you’ve sung its praise 🙂

17. Coconutgal says:

Um. drool. Yum!
    I’m jealous it’s warm there…. please send some my way because it’s no where close to being warm where I live!! But homemade ice cream is my fav. way to cool down too.

18. Sanja says:

Wow: free stuff, coconut butter, strawberry ice cream, a pool AND warm enough weather to jump into a pool…

19. coco says:

these tiny jars are sooooo cute!!! want to read your review for each of them!
    your strawberry ice cream looks amazing too! 😀

20. laci says:

Hooray for free samples! the cocoa coconutbutter looks fantastic, I am not crazy fro DCD as much as WCW PB though 🙂