Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Spa Sundaes

Another coconutty post:

For the most part, it’s great to have a boyfriend on Valentine’s Day. However, there is one downside to not being single on the day: it means you’re left out of Girls’ Night! Just in case some of you don’t know what Valentine’s Day Girls’ Night is, here are the kinds of things that go on:

• nail-painting
  • gossiping
  • junk-food-eating
  • movie-watching
  • and most importantly: boy-bashing!

So even though my Valentine’s Day couldn’t have been more perfect than it was, I was a little sad about having missed Girls’ Night.  Luckily, my magnanimous friends decided to recreate the night so they could catch me–and all their other non-single friends–up on all the very important shenanigans we missed. No Girls’ Night is complete without ice cream.  I picked up some supplies just for the occasion.

Hello coconut milk ice cream!  This was my first time trying Nada Moo, a coconut-based ice cream that hails from right here in Texas. One of my other friends brought dairy ice cream to the party, but guess what: Nobody touched it!  That’s how good this stuff was!  (My friends did have quite a good time making fun of the ice cream’s high fiber content… but that’s a different story.)

I only bought one container of Nada Moo, so we had to split it six ways.  Luckily, I’d also purchased an abundance of fresh berries, which kept our vanilla ice cream Sundaes from being mini-sized.   Hey, how was I supposed to know that my vegan-food-fearing friends would go cookoo for coconuts?

nada moo vanilla ice cream

Chocolate-Covered Words of the Day

This is really sad: Looking over recent posts, I’ve realized that it’s been entirely too long since the last time I did a cupcake post!  I am a disgrace to my Cupcake Queen Crown!  Must. Remedy. Soon.

cupcake queen

1. Emily says:

I agree the cupcake queen crown is looking a tad dusty. Nothing a good baking session won’t fix!

Speaking of which… I have a rather large quantitiy of white chocolate pb that will be expireing soon…any thoughts on what I could bake it into before it all goes to waste? I’m prying the minds of all of the baking genius’s I can think of.

With Love and lots of happy baking wishes,

2. Virginia says:

where i live, the selection of vegan ice cream is pathetic compared to all the goodness i find online! you lucky people, you! i agree, cupcakes deserve their own page!!

3. brandi says:

yay for more cupcakes!

coconut ice cream is good, huh ?

4. laci says:

Can’t wait to see a pic of yuor boyfriend if he isn’t too camera shy! Looking forward to the next post- congrats for organizing the FAQ page Katie! 🙂

5. Marianne says:

Mmmm, coconut milk ice cream. I just picked some up this weekend since it has finally made it’s way to my part of Canada. It’s pretty spectacular. Must try out all the flavours. And I love that it has fibre!

6. marafaye says:

I do love your cupcake posts… but alas… sometimes life gets in the way!

7. Shelby says:

That sundae looks wondeful! And girls night sounds like so much fun =)

Yay for cupcakes!

8. Erin says:

I’ve been missing the cupcakes! I’m so glad you’re gonna bring ’em back 🙂
    Those sound like most of my nights, save the boy bashing!

9. Kathy says:

The coconut ice cream sounds yummy. I’m hoping I can find it here in Colorado. What a fun idea – girls night.

Looking forward to reading more about your cupcakes

10. Eddie G says:

Yay for vegan ice cream from Texas!

11. kristi says:

I have been wanting to find some coconut icecream but keep forgetting to look. I hope I can find some because that looks fantastic!!

12. Sweetie Pie says:

“Nada Moo” is such a great name for a coconut ice cream. Whoever came up with it is a crazy genius! Awesome!

I’m glad you had fun and yummy eats with your friends!

13. I’ve never seen Nada Moo, but I love that motto on the lid – “where having a cow is out of the question.” Cute!

14. Bibis says:

i have to try that ice cream!
    i had a delicious coconut milk popsicle on saturday! it had shredded coconut and it was soooo good 🙂
    hope u had a terrific weekend! ^^

15. Brandi C says:

I Love Ice Cream & would love to try the Nada Moo! Too bad I don’t live in Texas : (

Speaking of girls night, we just had one last nite because everyone just got back from spring break. So Much Fun!

16. Coconutgal says:

If you can’t tell… I kind of LIKE coconut milk ice cream too 😀
    I just went to their website, the flavors sound great! Which flavor did you try? I want to try Maple Pecan, yum! You should get more and keep it for yourself so you don’t have to split it 6 ways!!
    I am looking forward to a new cupcake post!

17. Jane says:

i’m happy to hear you’ve finally tried the most delicious vegan treat in the world- COCONUT ICE CREAM!! I’ve only tried So Delicious brand, that’s cool that there is one made in Texas. And I haven’t tried any chocolate flavors yet, just the vanilla and cookie dough.
    I’m sorry you had to split one of those dinky container 6 ways though- that sucks!
    Looking forward to your cupcake post 🙂

18. jrsimon56 says:

Holy Moo, I need to get my hands on that stuff. A self proclaimed coconut addict, like so many, I can’t wait to find this stuff 🙂

19. Vegyogini says:

What a fun girls’ night!

20. NAOmni says:

Cupcakes rock and so does the pick of the sundae!