Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Cheating on PB&Co… with a hot, young thang

No, not that hot, young thang.

Naturally Nutty Peanut Butter! They sent the following flavors: Honey Roasted Cinnamon, Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee, Vanilla Almond Butter, and Chocolate Cherry Peanut Butter.

Guess which one I tried first. Chocolate Cherry? Wrong! For once, I strayed from my chocolate roots, opting to sample the Vanilla Almond Butter. Upon opening the jar, the contents looked unappealingly runny. But a quick stir took care of that, and it was paradise from there on out. The label claims the nut butter to be “creamy,” but it has a slight crunch to it, which delighted my surprised tastebuds. The source of the crunch is crushed flax and hemp seeds—awesome news for vegans and everyone else looking to get some of those important but elusive Omega-threes into their diets!

The Naturally Nutty vanilla almond butter is everything I love about Mighty Maple PB&Co without being over-the-top sweet.  Oddly enough, its taste reminds me of graham crackers… or maybe vanilla wafers.  I can’t quite pinpoint the flavor; but whatever it is, it’s got me hooked!

1. brandi says:

ooh, those flavors sound amazing! I hope I can find them in stores near me soon.

I like melting on oatmeal or in sandwich form – but on a spoon is just as good :)

2. coco says:

Dark Chocolate Dream from PB & Co. is my favorite so far! I know a baby in the journey of discovering all those other great nut betters, I can’t wait to try them out!!!
    I need to make that homemade peach iceacream…it looks delish!! 😀

3. runsarah says:

I have never tried flavored nut butters- all of those look amazing!

4. laci says:

I can’t wait to try naturally nutty vanilla almond butter!!! :-)

5. laci says:

P.S. Check out: Youtube, madTV, abercrombie skits! 😀

6. prettytimepiece says:

OMG. you are SO lucky! those PB flavors yummmmmlskghsjhgsajkdg

thanks for your comment :) and yes! my old blog was Eating to Live. i left blogging-world for awhile last year when I moved across the country/started school/liiiffee happened. now I am back again and hopefully will stick around! haha

I love old-fashioned gooey PB sandwiches :)

♥ chandra

7. Sarah says:

I definitely would have hit up that vanilla almond first.

I try to pretend I eat nut butters with other things, but I always keep them separated and enjoy the good stuff on its own. Crazy.

8. Giiirl! You get all the free sample love! I haven’t tried Naturally Nutty yet, but it’s definitely a good sign that NN is delicious stuff when you say you may never go back to Mighty Maple! I think Mighty Maple is too sweet also but still I gotta love it.

9. They sound TERRIFIC! I’m a bit of a Plain Jane when it comes to nut butters – I absolutely adore traditional peanut and cashew nut butters (crunchy or smooth, depending on my mood). However this could be because I haven’t really seen any interesting twists on these classics over here in the north of the UK :( But I’ll keep my eyes peeled! I enjoy my PB in a toasty, on porridge, or, if I’m in need of something more savoury, with vegemite/marmite and some fresh spinach leaves in a sandwich. Yum yum!

10. Shelby says:

I LOVE VANILLA ALMOND BUTTER! It’s my favorite and I’m glad you finally got to try it =) WOO!

11. Elizabeth says:

mmmm!! I’ve never seen those!!! Do you know how they are sweetened?? I’m checking out the website asap-thanks for the review!

12. Emily says:

Naturally Nutty looks really good! I like all the inventive flavors. I like that it has added flax for omega 3s, too!

Thanks for the frosting tip and frosting advice! Hopefully I will come up with some cupcakes that are prettier than my lentils. :-)

13. My favorite way to eat nut butters has always been straight up or melty on toast, but I’ve discovered a new favorite: dried figs dipped in nut butter! It’s freaking DELICIOUS!!

14. Nutty vanilla almond butter, oh my!

15. Erin says:

Can you get dark chocolate dreams at whole foods? I am obsessed with anything resembling chocolate and peanut butter.

P.S. you have made me and my friend addicted to oatmeal!

16. Emmy says:

Definitely straight up!

Oh how I wish naturally nutty would hook me up to!

17. Janelle says:

I’ll have to try the product. Great review!!

18. Marianne says:

Le sigh – if only Naturally Nutty was available up here. They do look like they have some pretty awesome flavoured nut butters :)

And the best way to indulge, other than straight up, is stuffed inside a medjool Or perhaps on some graham crackers. Or toast. Or with apple slices. Mmmm, nut butters.

19. Monica says:

Whooaaa, I’ve never heard of Naturally Nutty before but I’m definitely going to check them out. I just scored my first (shameful, really) jar of PB&Co this weekend and it’s halfway gone already :(

It’s way more fun to eat it right out of the jar, in my opinion, because then there’s nothing else to get in the way of delicious peanutty goodness. Yum!

20. Lyss says:

Do you know where they sell that heaven in a jar?

21. Sally says:

Hey Katie! That vanilla almond butter looks and sounds delicious! I want to try all of naturally nutty’s flavors some day. I’m glad you enjoyed it!

22. Erin says:

You are cheating on PB&Co and Heather is cheating on Jay. What is the world coming to?? :)
    These nut butters sound awesome though. I enjoy flavored nut butters best straight up too. But also on anything, if that makes sense.
    The Mighty Maple is too sweet for me, but I love the idea of it, and using it on occasion. The Vanilla Almond butter sounds perfect!

23. Shelly says:

hmm… I’ve been wanting to try naturally nutty the past couple months or so… honey roasted cinnamon sounds delicious!

24. Brittany says:

Oh my gosh, those look so yummy. I’ve never heard of it! I’m still in Japan, but when I get back at the end of the summer I am going to hunt that brand down.

25. ttfn300 says:

haha, i just bought some and i LOVE the vanilla almond butter!!!!!! :)

26. Emily says:

YUM! I have never seen those!

27. Amanda says:

Yum!! I like pb on fresh dates..also found a book “The Peanut Butter Diet” at a thrift shop a few years darn pb recipes ever. The maple peanut butter cocoa..oh, SO good!!

28. Diann says:

OMG! I hope I lose these 5 pounds I’m trying to lose so I can eat a couple of jars of these. Chocolate Cherry and Chocolate Toffee first.

29. Becca A says:

That stuff is my new favorite nut butter brand…the vanilla ab and I have a special thing going on…

30. You have way too much fun with pictures on this blog! That nut butter sounds awesome though, will definitely look into it!

31. Thank you for informing me of this nut butter! I need (have) to get some!!!

32. broccolihut says:

I’ve seen those nut butters around the blog world but never in stores. They sound fab!

My fave ways to enjoy flavored PBs include grilled PB Banana sandwiches and “quesadillas.”

33. I love my peanut butter melted in oatmeal!!!! :)

All those flavors sounds so good!! I should look into trying the toffee flavor!

34. Bibis says:

OMG! that sounds soooo delicious!
    i can’t wait to try the chocolate cherry flavor!

35. ~Jessica~ says:

Ooh, they look so good! More nut butter jealousy coming your way ; )

Obviously the only way to eat nut butters is straight off a spoon but coming in a close second is slathered onto a banana (with the emphasis on nut butter with banana, not the other way around) or spooned into hot oats so it gets all melty…mmm drooling on my laptop now.

36. Sal says:

holy shizzle all of those flavour sound amazing. lucky you!!

37. Coconutgal says:

I am jealous of your nut butter stash. Straight up jealous.
    For a second I thought you were going to tell us the hot boy was WF Boy! I was like- oh my!!!
    Have you tried any of the other flavors yet?

38. Mariposa says:

i thought that was your boyfriend! wouldnt that be nice?? : )

where did you find them???? i need some of this stuff ASAP!

39. Sagan says:

Straight up, for sure! Or smothered on apples.

40. Astra Libris says:

Oh WOW, these nut butters look sooooo incredible!! WOW!! No wonder you’re enjoying them straight up – they sound like fudge to me! :-)

Hmmm, I do adore nut butters on apples – and on sweet potatoes! I have a hard time convincing folks that PB or AB on a baked sweet potato is really good, but I love it… :-)

41. Carolyn says:

Naturally Nutty is readily available here in Michigan.. and getting more every day.. The worst, or best, is at Great Harvest Bread company near my home… free large samples of many of the days breads and at least on jar of the NN butters open along with jams for endless smearing… it is like Naturally Nutty heaven… “like buttahs”. Vanilla Almond Butter is my oh so favorite nut butter of all time…. Our Whole Foods also carries them so hit up your local Whole Food Store to start carrying it!!!

42. Vanilla almond butter? That looks amazing and yet another product that has yet to make it north of the border. love the hemp and flax in there too. Going to have to just make my own I suppose.

43. Sweetie Pie says:

I love it a million different ways, but an old fashioned PB&J might be my very favorite way to have my nut butter! Also high on the list: in/on breakfast cookies, in oatmeal and… in a peanut butter cookie. :-)

Thanks for the reviews! I would definitely try these if I found them!

44. Kathy says:

I have never heard of these. Does Katie sell them? Is there a website to go to? Which one was your fave?

45. Jessica says:

I need to seek this stuff out immediately!! I’ve dropped Mighty Maple in favor of the white chocolate variety. I still need to try the dark chocolate, but I’m afraid I’ll like it too much :)

46. Sharon says:

Oh my gosh, I totally want to try some! I can’t even find that crazy Dark Chocolate PB that everyone has!

47. MizFit says:

ooooh id love to try that and already know my fave would be straight from the jar on my finger :)

48. DJ says:

Those nut butters sound AMAZING – I am seriously jealous!

49. Meg says:

Lucky you! They all sound so good!

50. Thanks for the product review! It sounds delish!