Cheating on PB&Co… with a hot, young thang

aber1

No, not that hot, young thang.

Naturally Nutty Peanut Butter! They sent the following flavors: Honey Roasted Cinnamon, Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee, Vanilla Almond Butter, and Chocolate Cherry Peanut Butter.

Guess which one I tried first. Chocolate Cherry? Wrong! For once, I strayed from my chocolate roots, opting to sample the Vanilla Almond Butter. Upon opening the jar, the contents looked unappealingly runny. But a quick stir took care of that, and it was paradise from there on out. The label claims the nut butter to be “creamy,” but it has a slight crunch to it, which delighted my surprised tastebuds. The source of the crunch is crushed flax and hemp seeds—awesome news for vegans and everyone else looking to get some of those important but elusive Omega-threes into their diets!

The Naturally Nutty vanilla almond butter is everything I love about Mighty Maple PB&Co without being over-the-top sweet.  Oddly enough, its taste reminds me of graham crackers… or maybe vanilla wafers.  I can’t quite pinpoint the flavor; but whatever it is, it’s got me hooked!

1. brandi says:

ooh, those flavors sound amazing! I hope I can find them in stores near me soon.

I like melting on oatmeal or in sandwich form – but on a spoon is just as good 🙂

2. coco says:

Dark Chocolate Dream from PB & Co. is my favorite so far! I know a baby in the journey of discovering all those other great nut betters, I can’t wait to try them out!!!
    I need to make that homemade peach iceacream…it looks delish!! 😀

3. runsarah says:

I have never tried flavored nut butters- all of those look amazing!

4. laci says:

I can’t wait to try naturally nutty vanilla almond butter!!! 🙂

5. laci says:

P.S. Check out: Youtube, madTV, abercrombie skits! 😀

6. prettytimepiece says:

OMG. you are SO lucky! those PB flavors yummmmmlskghsjhgsajkdg

lol

thanks for your comment 🙂 and yes! my old blog was Eating to Live. i left blogging-world for awhile last year when I moved across the country/started school/liiiffee happened. now I am back again and hopefully will stick around! haha

I love old-fashioned gooey PB sandwiches 🙂

♥ chandra

7. Giiirl! You get all the free sample love! I haven’t tried Naturally Nutty yet, but it’s definitely a good sign that NN is delicious stuff when you say you may never go back to Mighty Maple! I think Mighty Maple is too sweet also but still I gotta love it.

8. They sound TERRIFIC! I’m a bit of a Plain Jane when it comes to nut butters – I absolutely adore traditional peanut and cashew nut butters (crunchy or smooth, depending on my mood). However this could be because I haven’t really seen any interesting twists on these classics over here in the north of the UK 🙁 But I’ll keep my eyes peeled! I enjoy my PB in a toasty, on porridge, or, if I’m in need of something more savoury, with vegemite/marmite and some fresh spinach leaves in a sandwich. Yum yum!

9. Shelby says:

I LOVE VANILLA ALMOND BUTTER! It’s my favorite and I’m glad you finally got to try it =) WOO!

10. Elizabeth says:

mmmm!! I’ve never seen those!!! Do you know how they are sweetened?? I’m checking out the website asap-thanks for the review!

11. Emily says:

Naturally Nutty looks really good! I like all the inventive flavors. I like that it has added flax for omega 3s, too!

Thanks for the frosting tip and frosting advice! Hopefully I will come up with some cupcakes that are prettier than my lentils. 🙂

12. My favorite way to eat nut butters has always been straight up or melty on toast, but I’ve discovered a new favorite: dried figs dipped in nut butter! It’s freaking DELICIOUS!!

13. Nutty vanilla almond butter, oh my!

14. Erin says:

Can you get dark chocolate dreams at whole foods? I am obsessed with anything resembling chocolate and peanut butter.

P.S. you have made me and my friend addicted to oatmeal!

15. Emmy says:

Definitely straight up!

Oh how I wish naturally nutty would hook me up to!

-E

16. Marianne says:

Le sigh – if only Naturally Nutty was available up here. They do look like they have some pretty awesome flavoured nut butters 🙂

And the best way to indulge, other than straight up, is stuffed inside a medjool Or perhaps on some graham crackers. Or toast. Or with apple slices. Mmmm, nut butters.

17. Monica says:

Whooaaa, I’ve never heard of Naturally Nutty before but I’m definitely going to check them out. I just scored my first (shameful, really) jar of PB&Co this weekend and it’s halfway gone already 🙁

It’s way more fun to eat it right out of the jar, in my opinion, because then there’s nothing else to get in the way of delicious peanutty goodness. Yum!

-Monica

18. Sarah says:

I definitely would have hit up that vanilla almond first.

I try to pretend I eat nut butters with other things, but I always keep them separated and enjoy the good stuff on its own. Crazy.

19. ttfn300 says:

haha, i just bought some and i LOVE the vanilla almond butter!!!!!! 🙂

20. Emily says:

YUM! I have never seen those!