Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Wild Wild(wood) West

A few months ago, I posted a recipe for a 100% dairy-free and vegan yogurt: My Big, Fat Greek Yogurt.

100_5895

(Simple Strawberry Yogurt)

The only drawback is that my homemade yogurt contains no probiotics. Therefore, I was ecstatic when the folks at Wildwood Organics alerted me to the fact that they produce an unsweetened vegan yogurt that does contain said healthy probiotics.  And I was beyond ecstatic when Dustin of Wildwood informed me that they were sending me some samples.

wildwood organics

z-358

The yogurt, itself, didn’t disappoint.  With impressive nutritional stats (hello Omega threes!), a creamy consistency, and a fun tang, it was love at first spoonful… and second… and third… and fourth.  (A plus for all those allergic to dairy: Wildwood’s soy yogurt is made in a facility that produces NO dairy products.)  If-unlike me–you’re able to find this product in your area, it’s definitely worth buying.

50sanddogbath-10681

Peach-spinach smoothie

z-464

Seems I haven’t yet mastered the art of parfait-ing (Perhaps it would’ve helped if I’d had an actual parfait glass instead of a champagne flute!)

Side note: Yes, Christine, those are my real nails you asked about in the Easter postpicture. Given this evidence, anyone wanna tell me that a vegan diet can’t be healthy? My nails grow like weeds and are as hard as steel!

1. VeganWoman says:

That yogurt does look easy! I miss yogurt and love to find alternatives. The shake looks great too!

2. marafaye says:

what cool stuff!!!

3. orangepop says:

LOL, I would love to see you rock that uniform on your morning runs!! YAY Dustin- how do I get a pal like that?! hMmMm… enjoy :)

4. Vegyogini says:

Wildwood’s unsweetened plain soy yogurt is absolutely my favorite. Lucky you to have befriended Dustin and gotten all that great Wildwood loot!

5. Paulina says:

I can’t wait to get back to eating soy yogurt (at least once in a while!)

Your nails look super healthy!

6. Ricki says:

Wow–that is quite the sample box! And the yogurt sounds just wonderful, too. Lucky you!

7. Elizabeth says:

Wildwood plain unsweetened is awesome!! its so hard to find unsweetened vegan yogurt!! love the consistency!

8. *Andrea* says:

your pink nails in the parfait picture further your point on the healthiness of a vegan diet. i would love to have longer and stronger nails like yours :) love your parfait even though you don’t think u mastered it i think it looks colorful and delicious!

9. Shelby says:

I so wish I could try some of this yogurt! It’s so hard for me to get soy yogurt around here =(

10. Andrea says:

I wish I could find a yogurt that wasn’t so sweet. This one looks like it would be perfect. I’d love to try it!

11. runsarah says:

How awesome! I need to try your homemade yogurt too :)

12. I’ve gotta get some of this yogurt, especially the unsweetened plain variety! Soy yogurt can often be far too sweet, so sweetening it myself would be way better.

13. Marianne says:

Aww, your parfait isn’t that bad. It’s just not as “layery” as it should be. I’m sure it takes practice!

Love all the goodies that Wildwood sent you – lucky bum!

PS – Canucks play tonight! Woot!

14. Sarah says:

Forget the nails. How about how gorgeous YOU are???!

15. Meredith says:

That’s so nice of them to send you all of those goodies!

16. Janelle says:

You sure get a lot of free stuff! I do really like this way of advertising because we’re getting a review from an actual person rather than just an ad. Sometimes it’s hard to know what’s good and what’s crap.

17. Bibis says:

blueberry smoothie = yum!!

18. Emily says:

Katie,

You’re rocking that hat! Vegan yogurt with probiotics-I love it!

With Love,

Emily

19. Erin says:

That stuff sounds awesome, but I’ve never seen it sadly.
    And you are too cute!

20. coco says:

So jealous of these vegan yogurts!!! and that Big Fat yogurt looks amazing!!! 😀
    pretty nails!

21. Sarah says:

Ooh, lucky you! I can’t get anything NEAR this around me – not even a single kind of dairy free yogurt! The hoodie sounds great too (one can never have enough hoodies, or pens – I totally agree!).

Enjoy your schwag!

22. t says:

Nice nails, lady! And that yogurt sounds good… can we add DC to the list of places they need to sell to?

23. broccolihut says:

Probiotic vegan yogurt?! Dream come true! Wildwood products are not very plentiful in my neck of the woods–I’ve only seen the tofu burgers.

I love the smoothie appreciation in this post!

24. I wish I could find unsweetened soy yogurt here. The Whole Foods in Nashville carries some, but that’s 3 hours away! Stupid Memphis Whole Foods.

25. The yoghurt sounds delicious. I love plain soya yoghurt, but I’ve never been a big fan of the fruit soya yoghurts that are available over here. Making my own definitely seems intriguing!

My nails are the same – they grow really fast and I rarely have a problem with them breaking :) Love the nail varnish!

26. Virginia says:

i wish my area carried it too! i live in a town that i am lucky that i can get veggie burgers in! i am 90 minutes from the nearest whole foods and not a trader joe’s in the whole state! your nails are so pretty!

27. Sal says:

Lucky you getting all that swag! – you’ve made me crave a smoothie. I never buy flavoured soy yoghurts – they always taste horrible and they’re too sweet!

28. Lauren says:

I love Wild Woods smoked tofu! I always get it when I go to Trader Joes! It’s addicting!

29. I am drawn to all things green smoothie these days as I gear up for the 3-day smoothie challenge that starts on Sunday. Peach spinach? I like that combo! http://meghantelpnerblog.com/green-cleanse/

30. Ooooh I would looooove to try that! I eat my (same as yours) yogurt recipe almost every day, and I get really tired of blending up the tofu mixture every few days. It would be nice to have a few of those in the fridge for lazy mornings. Also…I’ve heard if you add a container of “real” yogurt to your blends it will add the probiotics to the whole batch????? I wonder??? Anyhow, sadly my small town doesn’t carry any of these new fun finds, so I’m outta luck!

31. Jessica says:

I buy the Wildwood stuff all the time for baking but I’ve never been able to enjoy it plain. Maybe I need to give it another chance? I like the So Delicious ones for snacking but they are pretty sweet!!

32. No way! Unsweetened vegan yogurt? At last!

33. All of those goodies, how lucky you are! All of your smoothies look delish!

34. Anna M says:

Just stumbled across your blog…it’s great! So homemade and yummy! I wanted to suggest a way to add probiotics to your diet if you’re wanting to. I take a probiotic supplement (no dairy, strains fermented in soy) called Flora Source, and I often sprinkle it in room temp food (like your yogurt) or water. It helps me get 16 strains and 16 billion cells per capsule (pretty potent, I’ve done the research) to get my digestive system on track. You can get probiotics in fermented soy products too like tempeh, and miso, and kimche, but I find the supplement simpler. Off to try some of your yummy recipes!
    -Anna M

35. laci says:

My favorite yogurts are so delicious coconut milk variety and wildwood plain since though it’s bitter it’s verstile like a a watery sour cream. Haha, my nails are EXACTLY the same- hard to cut/trim/file/break and they grow like weeds! :-)

36. Sagan says:

Mmm it sounds good! It’s great that so many products are accommodating the cute little vegans among us :)

37. Meg says:

Your melted nanner trick is genius, Katie :)

I love all of your ideas & recipes that I’ve tried. You’re a genius! That yogurt looks amazing – and that’s so neat that it’s vegan! Hooray!

I hope you’re having a great night girl! You’re absolutely beautiful, but I know you hear that all the time 😉

It’s true!

Love, Meg

38. I have never had Wildwood yogurt.. I am not a fan of the soy yogurt I have bought in stores.. I usually make my own!

39. Sally says:

I plan on trying your homemade yogurt sometime in the near future :) It looks really yummy! You’re such a creative cook!

40. Lisa says:

Agreeing with Meg. You are gorgeous. What a good example of a vegan!

I need to try your yogurt.

41. wingraclaire says:

Our local supermarket just started carrying this. Am I lucky or what! Great blog!

42. Kristie says:

That is quite the impressive yogurt stash you got there. I’m a wee bit jealous. I’m a hardcore yogurt lover. Although I’ve never tried soy yogurt. Not yet anyway. I’m really curious about it though, I’ve gotta do a side by side comparison to the dairy-filled stuff one of these days.
    Moreso than soy yogurt though, I really want to try your homemade stuff. Mmmmm.

And your nails are NUTS. I love em!

43. Coconutgal says:

Ohhh! You are so mean to those of us who can’t have soy!
    I bet this tastes good and I’m glad you found a new healthy addition to add to smoothies. Yum!! I love giant shirts and hoodies for sleeping in, so comfy.

44. Hangry Pants says:

I think the parfait looks delicious! Love the hat too.

45. ttfn300 says:

ooh, wildwood organics, i’ll have to check them out! fabulous goodies :) and parfait! yum yum

46. Yikes..... says:

OMFG! eat something!!!

47. Caroline says:

You are so making me want a smoothie right now :) I love your site, first timer here. Our 4 year old has been through so much with his food allergies and Eczema and I really appreciate sites like you have that help inform others and really relate to this kind of lifestyle. I just know our guy would enjoy these milk-free yogurts. He currently takes Vidazorb probiotic and he LOVES it! It is very kid friendly (shaped like a purple bee) and it has nearly cleared all of his Eczema. I never thought he could look and feel so good! Probiotics are the best. Caroline

48. glidingcalm says:

I haven’t tried any Wild Woods’ products, but am dying too! Looks great! And super cute picture in the hat, CCV!

happy weekend lover dover!

49. Leng says:

cool gear Katie! That’s awesome that WildWood sent you some vegan samples! I didn’t know that they even made vegan ones!

50. kate says:

do not fool yourself…you need to get help, asap.

51. vegangal says:

I want your life Katie!

You are so beautiful AND so lucky to get all these free samples. Oh and I have a question about your yogurt. Will the refrigerated tofu work or only mori nu?

52. Bethany says:

love the flowers next to the yogurt, very pretty. come to think of it, your nails sort of match the yogurt color :).

53. veganhomemade says:

I can never seem to find plain soy yogurt when I need it! I’ll keep an eye out for this one, what a great package they sent you!

54. The yogurt sounds great! Thanks for the product review!

55. Anonymous says:

Curious, what’s the nutritional label information on a container, including ounces? Also, I can’t find “Wildwood Organics” online… to find where they’re available for sale … Any help? :)