Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Pumpkin Pie Stir Fry

Sorry it’s taken me so long to post this recipe.

When I’m not making a recipe specifically for the blog, I usually don’t measure ingredients (especially when it comes to stir fries).  So I couldn’t post the recipe until I’d made it again and remembered to measure all the ingredients! 😕

Pumpkin Pie Stir Fry

·150 grams zucchini, chopped

· 160 grams broccoli florets

· 60 grams snow peas, cut if desired

· 40 grams kale

· ½ can bean sprouts, well-drained

· ½ tsp ground ginger, plus a pinch of pumpkin pie spice

· Salt to taste

· ¼ cup canned pumpkin

· Optional: ricemilk or coconut milk, sweetener

1. Put the zucchini in a pan (with sautéing liquid of choice), sprinkle with salt, and sauté until it’s semi-soft.

2. Now, add the broccoli (and a bit of water if needed).  Continue to cook until the broccoli is soft.

3. Add the snow peas and continue to cook for 2-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

4. Rip the kale into smallish strips, and add this to the pan.  Stir.

5. After about a minute, throw the bean sprouts into the pan.

6. Mix together, add the ginger and the pumpkin, then mix again.  Also add your sweetener now, if using.  (I’ve not tried it with sugar, but if you want a sweeter stir fry, brown sugar might be the way to go.)

7. You can eat the stir fry hot from the pan, but I like to fridge it for a few hours and eat it cold.  I also add some ricemilk or coconut milk before eating, for extra creaminess.

Tags: ,

1. Emily says:

That Pumpkin Pie Pudding has my attention! It all looks delish though!

2. Erin says:

You have made me turn orange with that pumpkin pudding :)
    I love the sounds of the stir fry, I’ve been excited for that recipe for far too long! Such a foodie nerd here.

3. yum! this looks so good! I never thought of incorporating pumpkin into a stir fry

4. runsarah says:

I’ve never cooked with pumpkin before, but this looks delicious!

5. FoodsThatFit says:

Fall is my favorite time of year because that is when all of the pumpkin flavored goodies and pumpkin inspired recipes come out!

However, as much as I love it, sometimes I forget about it the rest of the year. These 2 recipes are ones I want to try for sure, and they would be great any time of the year!

6. marafaye says:

Hmm… interesting flavor combo there… love it!

7. snackface says:

I just want to say that I read your blog all the time, and the posts just make me so happy! You are just too darn cute, loving and talented!

Wish I knew how to convert those measurements… haha. I just throw things together too, and rarely measure!

8. Sally says:

I really want to try that! It looks really yummy! You are such a great cook!

9. Brandi C says:

Can’t wait to try this =] I find a way to sneak pumpkin into one my meals or snacks EVERYDAY. Sometimes I put it in my oatmeal, my yogurt, on a graham cracker w/ cream cheese, eat it by the spoonful…You gt the idea.

10. Marianne says:

Interesting stirfry. I’m sure any veggies you have on hand would work in it. But canned bean sprouts? I didn’t know there was such a thing! I’ve only ever seen, or eaten, fresh.

11. Shelby says:

I love putting pumpkin in my scrambles so I bet it would taste awesome in a stir-fry too!

12. Meg says:

Hooray for pumpkins! 😛

p.s. I saw Kamut Flakes at Whole Foods today and immediately thought of you :)

Love, Meg

13. Eddie G says:

WOW! That’s way cool :)

14. Bibis says:

Hi katie!
    thanks for dropping on my blog :)
    by the way, do you think i can sautee in water instead of oil? if so, what’s the proper method?

15. Emmy says:

Stir fry looks good, but the pudding.. EVEN BETTER (since I have all the ingredients). I’ve got half a pound of tofu that needs to be used up.

P.S. You are hilarious 😀

16. Elyse says:

Thanks for sharing the recipe with us! Sounds totally delicious.

17. broccolihut says:

What a cool idea! I almost never use pumpkin in a savory way, so this is a great way to start.

18. Sarah says:

I’m okay with being orange. I think pumpkin is good in just about anything! Especially my tummy.

19. Delicious AND healthy, what a great meal. Thanks for the inspiration!

20. Melisser says:

Mmm mmm, I love pumpkin!

21. coco says:

I’ve been having that pumpkin pudding pie lately and I’m here to testify that it’s soooooooo delicious!!!!!! :)

22. Lyss says:

I wish I liked pumpkin! Haha, I know, I’m weird.

23. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!

24. rhodeygirl says:

my perf popsicle would SOOO be chocolate hazelnut. any ideas on how to make that one?

25. rhodeygirl says:

mmm or coconut mango!

26. Megan says:

i have officially saved this recipe to my favorites :)

27. I never would have thought of that combo, but the picture looks good! I’ll have to put that one on my to-make list!

Thanks for posting the recipe!

28. I bet pumpkin tastes great in a stir-fry. Its something I would never think of, but now I’ll have to give it a try….the ricemilk thing is kinda different though. I don’t know ’bout all that. :-)

29. laci says:

thanks for leaving sweet comments- it means alot for someone with such a busy life! :-)
    Orange veggies are my favorite color veggie- don’t take this personally greens 😉

30. Sweetie Pie says:

What a great combination! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

I have tried very few things involving pumpkin that I didn’t like. Love it!

31. Ricki says:

Sounds great! Pumpkin is soooo versatile. :)

32. Brandi C says:

You can’t go wrong with Cinnamon Raisin or Cinnamon Anything =]

33. Vegan_Noodle says:

Sounds delicious! I would have never thought to add canned pumpkin to a stir fry!

34. mmmmm pumpkin in stir-fry…I MUST try this :)
    I love how everyone comes up with new ideas to use pumpkin! Before I entered the blogging world I thought I was the only one who LOVED the stuff!! haha