I’m turning into a Watermelon!

Just look at the evidence:

Exhibit A

z 579

Exhibit B

cupper3

Remember my Watermelon Cupcakes?

Exhibit C50sanddogbath 1345

Homemade Watermelon Salsa!

(Recipe here)

1. mtancred says:

I found Kabocha today at an Asian grocery like you said – I’m saving it for next week’s new food though 🙂

2. Megan says:

I LOVEEE the watermelon theme!!! LOVE your nails too 🙂 Have a fantastic weekend!!

<3megan

3. Coconutgal says:

Katie I love your new header! Very cute!!

You don’t have much of a sweet tooth do ya? Usually when you posts treats like those (beautiful!) cupcakes they are made for someone else. I wish I could trade on my sweet tooth for a chocolate tooth but I have BOTH! And I love savory! Oh well, enjoy everything right?

Hope you are having FUN on your vacay!!!! Hugs!

4. The best summer dessert: peach slices and blueberries! Heaven in a bowl. I do LOVE watermelon though. And strawberries. And blackberries. And… okay. I’ll stop now! hahaha 🙂

5. Meg says:

Hey Katie! I hope you’re enjoying your vacay! My fave summer fruits would have to be mango and peaches! I made your peaches n’ cream oatmeal this morning and MAN was it ever good! I added a melted nanner in it as well for a little extra flavor, cause the peach I had wasn’t ripe enough to give it the sweetness I like 🙂

Your nails are SO adorable, and that cupcake – you are so talented.

Love,
    Meg

6. Shelby says:

YOUR. NAILS. ARE. THE. CUTEST!

I love watermelon! I think the fruit I’m waiting for most would be watermelon…and maybe peaches. Oh yum!

Hope you are having an amazing time on vacation!

7. Marianne says:

Honeydew is my favourite melon. Why must cantaloupe always go on sale, and not my beloved honeydew? I think it’s melon injustice really. I’m also partial to the fresh local raspberries that we get in the summer. They beat out frozen anyday!

8. Jane says:

your nails look ADORABLE! it reminds me of this one stage my sister went through when she painted her nails different and creatively every week. ladybug nails were my favorite 🙂

9. Anne K. says:

Wow, those nails are so cute! That takes talent– I know I wouldn’t be able to do that!

10. ttfn300 says:

hehe, love the nails!! i love all summer fruit, there’s no way i can pick one 🙂

11. broccolihut says:

Your nails are a work of art, my friend!

I am pretty psyched for all the fresh berries!

12. Sarah says:

you are so skilled with those nails. i wish i could do that!

my favorite summer fruit is cherries!

13. JB says:

I’m definitely most excited for juicy white peaches!

14. Sanja says:

O, I cannot wait ’till watermelons are here. I love them. I also love raspberries, other kinds of melons, peaches, cherries, nectarines… ok, ok, I just love summer fruit in general.

15. Sanja says:

Oops, ’til, not ’till…

16. Sarah says:

Those nails are wild!

I love local strawberries and peaches. Shortcake anyone?

Hope you are enjoying your vaycay!

17. Mariposa says:

love the watermelon nails! they are so cute!

18. Robin says:

That watermelon manicure is seriously beyond adorable. 🙂 As for favorite summer fruit…I always get super giddy the first time each year that I walk into the produce section and see cherries for sale. Definitely always makes for an internal “Yippee!” moment. (Would make for an external “Yippee!” moment, but…you know…decorum. *Ahem*)

19. elizabeth says:

dig the nails!! i love doing nail art!
    mmm watermelon, how i do love thee. your salsa looks good, i’ll have to give it a try!
    i’m just excited for all the fresh fruit and vegetables that summer brings!!
    I had ceci yesterday-unsalted hard roasted chickpeas! They are like my new favorite snack! I’m going to try making my own, so delicious and nutritious!
    i also bought a chayote and okra. i’ll let you know how those two new foods go! I’m going to keep doing this “challenge” forever- i love trying new things!
    have a great day!

20. Emily says:

Love the nails..you are so creative!

I also love your cupcake design. I got my frosting tips in the mail recently, and I’m excited to try my hand at cupcake creation. We’ll see how that goes… 🙂