Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

I’m turning into a Watermelon!

Just look at the evidence:

Exhibit A

z 579

Exhibit B

Remember my Watermelon Cupcakes?

Exhibit C50sanddogbath 1345

Homemade Watermelon Salsa!

(Recipe here)

1. JB says:

I’m definitely most excited for juicy white peaches!

2. mtancred says:

I found Kabocha today at an Asian grocery like you said – I’m saving it for next week’s new food though :)

3. Megan says:

I LOVEEE the watermelon theme!!! LOVE your nails too :) Have a fantastic weekend!!

4. Coconutgal says:

Katie I love your new header! Very cute!!

You don’t have much of a sweet tooth do ya? Usually when you posts treats like those (beautiful!) cupcakes they are made for someone else. I wish I could trade on my sweet tooth for a chocolate tooth but I have BOTH! And I love savory! Oh well, enjoy everything right?

Hope you are having FUN on your vacay!!!! Hugs!

5. The best summer dessert: peach slices and blueberries! Heaven in a bowl. I do LOVE watermelon though. And strawberries. And blackberries. And… okay. I’ll stop now! hahaha :-)

6. Meg says:

Hey Katie! I hope you’re enjoying your vacay! My fave summer fruits would have to be mango and peaches! I made your peaches n’ cream oatmeal this morning and MAN was it ever good! I added a melted nanner in it as well for a little extra flavor, cause the peach I had wasn’t ripe enough to give it the sweetness I like :)

Your nails are SO adorable, and that cupcake – you are so talented.

7. Shelby says:

I love watermelon! I think the fruit I’m waiting for most would be watermelon…and maybe peaches. Oh yum!

Hope you are having an amazing time on vacation!

8. Marianne says:

Honeydew is my favourite melon. Why must cantaloupe always go on sale, and not my beloved honeydew? I think it’s melon injustice really. I’m also partial to the fresh local raspberries that we get in the summer. They beat out frozen anyday!

9. Jane says:

your nails look ADORABLE! it reminds me of this one stage my sister went through when she painted her nails different and creatively every week. ladybug nails were my favorite :)

10. Anne K. says:

Wow, those nails are so cute! That takes talent– I know I wouldn’t be able to do that!

11. ttfn300 says:

hehe, love the nails!! i love all summer fruit, there’s no way i can pick one :)

12. broccolihut says:

Your nails are a work of art, my friend!

I am pretty psyched for all the fresh berries!

13. Sarah says:

you are so skilled with those nails. i wish i could do that!

my favorite summer fruit is cherries!

14. Sanja says:

O, I cannot wait ’till watermelons are here. I love them. I also love raspberries, other kinds of melons, peaches, cherries, nectarines… ok, ok, I just love summer fruit in general.

15. Sanja says:

Oops, ’til, not ’till…

16. Sarah says:

Those nails are wild!

I love local strawberries and peaches. Shortcake anyone?

Hope you are enjoying your vaycay!

17. Mariposa says:

love the watermelon nails! they are so cute!

18. Robin says:

That watermelon manicure is seriously beyond adorable. :) As for favorite summer fruit…I always get super giddy the first time each year that I walk into the produce section and see cherries for sale. Definitely always makes for an internal “Yippee!” moment. (Would make for an external “Yippee!” moment, but…you know…decorum. *Ahem*)

19. elizabeth says:

dig the nails!! i love doing nail art!
    mmm watermelon, how i do love thee. your salsa looks good, i’ll have to give it a try!
    i’m just excited for all the fresh fruit and vegetables that summer brings!!
    I had ceci yesterday-unsalted hard roasted chickpeas! They are like my new favorite snack! I’m going to try making my own, so delicious and nutritious!
    i also bought a chayote and okra. i’ll let you know how those two new foods go! I’m going to keep doing this “challenge” forever- i love trying new things!
    have a great day!

20. Emily says:

Love the are so creative!

I also love your cupcake design. I got my frosting tips in the mail recently, and I’m excited to try my hand at cupcake creation. We’ll see how that goes… :-)

21. CurlyTop says:

Hey Darlin! Sorry I’ve been MIA the last few days. Finals are looming…

Don’t worry about the lack of comments. Everyone is having a super busy time right now. We understand. ;P

If I had to choose a fruit I’d definately be a mango. I love them with my soul.

Have a wonderful weekend!

With Love,

22. Kimberly says:

Cute nails!

I love peaches, plums & all berries. :)

Have a good weekend!

23. Lauren says:

Adorable nails! My husband loooooves watermelon!

24. Charlotte says:

Nectarines and all kinds of melons! I love peaches, too, but I read once that peaches take significantly more pesticides and herbicides to grow than nectarines. I don’t even know how much truth is in that, but I prefer nectarines more as a result… funny how that works.

25. Crystal says:

Oooohh. Super cute nail alert. Cute cupcake too. Very pink. It makes my eyes want to eat it.
    And the fruit(s) I am looking forward to the most would have to be blueberries and big, huge, ripe, drip-down-your-face-juicey peaches. We get the best from the Okanogan here in BC.
    Eii, now you got me all excited for peaches. =P

26. Erin says:

WOW your nails look fantastic! I love it! I am a huge fan of watermelon. I have a baby one all cut up chillin’ in the fridge. Nom!

27. Watermelon salsa?! You’re so creative Katie!

And did you do those nails yourself?! Major talent right there….

28. Katie,
    So excited about blueberries and peaches. Yum!

29. brandi says:

LOVE the nails – super cute

30. ohkansascity says:

I made Watermelon themed cupcakes for my boyfriend for Easter, except I made the insides of them pinkish with carob chips as the seeds, then used green icing for the outer shell of the watermelon. Themed cupcakes are always fun. Watermelon is definitely one of my favorite fruits.

31. PB & Jess says:

Ohhh, I love watermelon! I had one a few weeks ago but it wasn’t the best. I’m looking forward to peaches :)

32. veganhomemade says:

I’m not a huge watermelon fan (bad sickness experience), but I’m very excited for peaches, plums and cherries. Trying to enjoy strawberries as much as possible while they’re here!

33. Diann says:

It’s a toss-up between strawberries and peaches. I don’t think either of those faired too well here this year though.

Your nails are soooooo cute!

34. Just Audrey says:

I love your nails. 😀

35. MC says:

Super cute nails! Might have to steal that idea this summer :)

36. Kitty Bea says:

ohmyword your nails are adorable.

37. Tanner says: