Cheesecake Mousse

With a recipe so decadent, who needs a creative post title?

Call it cheesecake dip, pudding, fondue, or even vegan cream cheese frosting… whatever you want to call it, this concoction tastes awesome!  And with only four ingredients, it couldn’t be easier to make.

This frosting can also be eaten as a pudding, dip, or even thinned out as a sauce for pancakes.

Above, as frosting for: Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal

Cheesecake Frosting

(or Cheesecake Mousse)

• 1/2 cup silken-firm tofu (I use Mori-Nu)
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp cream cheese spread (I like Tofutti non-hydrogenated)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • sweetener of choice to taste (I’d recommend stevia or powdered sugar)
  • optional: pinch of cinnamon

Blend the tofu until smooth, then add the other ingredients and blend again.

See this recipe if you’d prefer a Soy-Free Frosting..

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Jessica says:

Sounds tasty to me! I have some tofutti cream cheese sitting in my fridge (it’s just begging to be used), so maybe I’ll give this a try. Any idea how I can make it without weighing the ingredients? I don’t have a food scale…

2. brandi says:

great idea!

I have a new food combo i’m trying in the morning (if I remember) 🙂 Does that count?

3. *Andrea* says:

yummmmy! i love cheesecake but try not to have it too much since it’s high in fat/calories and dairy that hurts my tummy 😉 but these i will definitely try. i love that it’s SIMPLE because i hate to cook/clean up a big mess but 4 ingredients is my type of baking 🙂

4. Sounds like a winner! I have the ultimate weakness for carrot cake and cream cheesey frosting, so if there’s a healthier way to make my favorite treat, bring it on! THANKS!

5. elise says:

im going to keep it up too…so fun. kiwis are onth e neu today (WITH fuzz!)

6. That looks delicious as usual!

7. Anne K. says:

That sounds amazing! And so versatile, too 😀

8. Sarah says:

Forget the oatmeal – I’ll take this straight!! Great idea (as always!) Katie, have fun on your vay cay!

9. Marianne says:

Who wouldn’t something called cheescake mousse? Mmmm, cheesecake.

10. Sophia Pflieger says:

Hey,
    I love anything cheesecake, that looks awesome!! I’ve been craving cheesecake for so long, I’ve been wanting to make a vegan one for so long. All the different flavor combos its hard to pick one to make.
    You have such creative ideas!

11. lauren says:

AWESOME IDEA WITH THE CREAM CHEESE MOOSE!! THANK YOU!

12. Kiki says:

What a great idea! Cheesecake waffles sound phenomenal.. maybe with chocolate and strawberries on top?

Enjoy your day!

13. Hannah says:

I recently discovered Jicama!!!!! How have I lived w/o this food for so long c:

14. Elizabeth says:

omg cheesecake mousse?????? that’s amazing!!!
    and i’ve loved this “challenge” I’m definitely NOT stopping!!!!!!!!!
    yay!

15. coco says:

sounds a great vegan cheesecake recipe!! 😀

16. coco says:

oh.. I tried broco-flower as my new food challenge! 🙂

17. Annabel says:

CCK, I loved you before, but now I want to write you an acoustic love song and play it creepily outside your window! hehe! LOVE THE CHEESECAKE MOUSSE recipe! yum!

18. Christina says:

Anything with cheesecake in its name sounds amazing 🙂 I’ll be trying this on top those carrot cake cupcakes for sure! I’m still loving the new foods challenge by the way!

Hope you’re having a great vacay!