Dessert Pancake-Making Bonanza

Happy Pancake Day!

I’m excited so many people are up for the Dessert Pancake-Making Bonanza!

Pancakes are like blank canvases, screaming to be decorated.  In case you missed the last post and therefore have no clue what this Pancake Challenge is all about, I thought I’d do a quick review. But first…

german

Sorry, I couldn’t resist putting that German Chocolate Pancake photo up one more time.

Dessert Pancake-Making Bonanza:

To participate, all you have to do is create a fantabulous pancake recipe and blog about it, linking back to the challenge. (If you’re stumped for ideas, just think of your favorite dessert and then Pancake-ify it!) Let’s talk Prizes: As I said in my last post, the real prize is all the fun we can have admiring each others’ pancake artwork. But, one random participant will also win something else of his or her choosing, from: Artisana, PB&Co, or a CCK-Photoshopped Creation, such as a personalized magazine cover (you on your favorite magazine), cereal box cover, or whatever else you can dream up. Below, an example (obviously, I’d use the winner’s picture, details, and choice-of-magazine in place of mine)

magazine

Now go put on your chef hats and let the pancake-making commence! (Baking Bonanza ends July 18th.)

1. jrsimon56 says:

I’m in as long as I can get moved into my new kitchen quickly 🙂 The hubby gave me a perfect idea!

2. Maria says:

LOL, love that magazine cover of you, Katie. Haha, you do love your photoshop ;).

Oooh I’m so excited to get started on some pancake brain storming!

3. Sarah says:

the carrot cake pancake idea sounds super good!

4. mihl says:

I’ll definitely take part in this Katie! Snickerdoodle pancakes sound fantastic, you should post a recipe for them. Wow those German chocolate pancakes look really, really yummy. Too sad I already had breakfast.

5. Hahaha! Love this post, especially the magazine cover! All your ideas are making me drool, by the way.

6. coco says:

such a fun contest! 🙂

7. Shelby says:

I’ve made carrot cake pancakes before! They were delicious! I actually used your recipe for the base too =)

8. Krista says:

I’m gonna have to hop on the pancake making boat ASAP!

9. brandi says:

love the mag cover 🙂

I made my first pancake creation this morning and I already have a few other ideas in mind 🙂 it was fun!

10. Meredith says:

At my undergrad, during finals we would have “Pancake Study Breaks” where the cafeteria would open at like 11PM with a pancake bar full of fun toppings!

11. MarathonVal says:

Snickerdoodle pancakes sound awesome! That was always one of my German fam recipes, and I usually dont even know that many people that have heard of snickerdoodles! I’d love the see the recipe you dreamed up for this!

12. jen molica says:

i’m on it, doggone it! today, i made pumpkin pancakes from vegan brunch, but i know that doesn’t count. ((tenting fingers)) ooooh do i have an idea! i’ll post it sometime this weekend.

xo jen

13. Kiki says:

Haha Katie, I love your photoshopping! I’m going on vacation in Florida soon, so maybe I’ll get some tropical ideas there :]

Enjoy your day!

14. JB says:

yes, i DO hate when i have a great idea and then someone mentions it before i do. i was SO going to make all seven of your suggestions…tiramisu pancakes…of course i thought of that! 😉

why are you so creative?!

-JB

15. Marianne says:

Mmmmm, dessert pancakes. Have I said that before? HA! They are pretty drool worthy.

16. Christina says:

Haha I love your photoshopping. I was totally going to do tiramisu pancakes! Sounds like the perfect morning dessert since it can include caffeine!

17. miss tiffie says:

most sexy picture!!!

18. Johanna B says:

I know what my first recipe is going to be but I’m not telling yet.

19. devan newman says:

Oh my gosh!! You have the BEST looking pancakes right there!!
    OH. Coconut lime pancakes? HELLO !!
    haha. xo

20. Aw, the photoshopped prize is the best ever! Hopefully, I’ll find some pancake-makin’ time. By the way, my granola came in and it is SOOOOOO good. Best granola I’ve ever had. Seriously. Probably because I got to choose what went in it. I’m gonna blog about the company in my Thursday post, that way it’ll stay up all weekend (I never blog on weekends).