I see the strangest things when I run

First, there was Scary Spandex Man

I’ve also seen:

• a unicycler (so cool!)
  • sneakers hanging from a high-tension wire (they haven’t moved for months)
  • mutant chicken-ducks (more on them in a future post)
  • a beautiful butterfly

And this morning, I wasn’t the only hard-core runner braving the drizzly weather:

dg

(I couldn’t take a picture of the actual dog I saw, as I didn’t have my camera.  But he was wearing a similar-style raincoat.)

1. jcd says:

Puddle jumping is high on my list too! The top of my list would also include camping in the rain, or hiking, or even watching the storm through my bedroom window and listening to the rain on the roof.

2. Marina says:

Reading a nice book under warm blanket, drinking tea or creamy coffee, and just relaxing with my bf. I love rain 🙂

3. Melinda says:

That dog must have looked so cute. I think I need a raincoat for my dog. We just moved from Vegas and my dog has not really been exposed to rain. The move has her feeling like we are out to get her. She really thinks I have made the sky open up with water. My fave activity for the rain right now is staying inside since I am still adjusting. I know it can be fun, but I really haven’t had to get wet in 5 years. I bought a rain coat, rain pants and 2 pairs of rain boots. We’ll see how my winter goes. It doesn’t snow here, just rain and it rains sideways due to the wind. Umbrellas don’t work here.

4. Wow, I’ve never seen a dog in a raincoat! Adorable and hilarious. 🙂

I like to go the book/tea/cuddling route on rainy days. It’s such a great way to recharge!

5. Havent done the Nanna Brulee trick yet, but do soak oats overnight with a nanna and then nuke it all together…pretty nummy but I have to straight up melt the banana soon!

Thx for your sweet comment on my bloggie yesterday 🙂

xoxo

6. *Andrea* says:

haven’t done it yet 🙁 but will try asap!!!

i loveeeeeee running in the rain.. also cuddling up on the coach with a fuzzy blanket, mug of tea, and a good book or movie 🙂 this weekend however it involved a longgg football game in the rain hehe

7. Brandi says:

you do see some funny things while running 🙂

I love watching movies, reading inside, or shopping is always a good choice 🙂

8. Jessica says:

I’m not a big fan of the rain…I like to stay inside and curl up with a good book and a giant cup `o coffee! That, or watch a good movie! I ran a half-marathon in the rain and it actually felt pretty good, but I get on the dreaded treadmill any other rainy day.

9. buffmuffy says:

I really have got to try this melted banana thing in my oats!
    my fave thing to do in the rain… def cuddle up with a book and a pillow and read with the windows open (if rain doesn’t come in of course) or on the porch. Loves it!
    -muffy

10. Sharon says:

Am I the only one who thinks Katie looks model like gorgeous and can’t understand how people could say she looks
    unhealthy except out of jealousy?

Beth, what exactly is your purpose in writing such malicious things? What are you trying to accomplish by pointing out the obvious that Katie is extremely thin, something she doesn’t deny anyway, if you bothered to read her Hello from CCV post before accusing her of things. Does it really make you feel better about yourself to put other people down like that? If it does, I think YOU are the one who needs help.

Now I’m the one who’s just “being real”.

11. When I was younger, when it rained at school we would stand under the roof drainer and get completely sodden. Good times! Now when it rains I just hope for a lot of thunder and plenty of lightening. Nothing beats a good storm!

12. I have to agree with Sharon and say tisk-tisk to Beth in judging Katie. I don’t think that is fair. And if you don’t like Katie’s wonderful posts, then why are you reading this blog? There are plenty of other things to read…

Anyway, Katie, I love seeing dogs in raincoats! It cracks me up every time. My dog Laverne out grew her rain jacket years ago but she looked so darn cute that I might be inspired to buy her a new one.

Happy Monday!

13. Sarah says:

Raincoats on dogs are the best 🙂 Rainy days = cup of tea and an old movie for me, although I did row MANY practices and races in practically torrential downpours, so I have to say that rainy days remind me of my collegiate rowing career!

14. Kiersten says:

I like to curl up on the couch with a book when it’s raining. Or my boyfriend, dog, and I will all sit on the couch together and watch a movie. I am not a big fan of the rain.

I definitely need to get one of those doggy raincoats for Nico! He doesn’t like the rain either.

15. Teresa says:

Usually when I run my head is up high scanning all the trees for fruit! By now I pretty much now most of the fruit trees within a 10 mile radius of my house, but I still surprise myself. Like yesterday, when I found a brown turkey fig tree that was not on anyone’s property and only getting eaten by the squirrels. Score! I got a good bounty of fresh, free, and delicious figs! Other fruit trees include: peaches, loquats, grapes, more figs-but green, pears, avocadoes, tangerines, apples, and of course loads of lemon trees. It’s kind of a sickness, because whenever I’m in a new city and am walking around all I do is look up at the trees, searching for fruit. Let’s just say it’s a good thing I’m usually not walking alone, or I’m pretty sure I would have been hit by a car by now.

In rainy weather, I love nothing more than cozying up by the fire with a book and a warm cuppa tea!

16. Jenny R. says:

#1 Beth honestly stop. That is so rude. No one ever tells people who are overweight to lose weight and stop being “fat” etc as it is considered taboo..so please keep your comments to yourself. They are so negative and uncalled for. As someone who is also skinny and healthy as is Katie, I know how obnoxious and hurtful those comments can be.

#2 Katie I also saw sneakers tied up like that!!! It’s so strange. As for my rainy day activity…I love napping when it’s raining outside because I find the rain so soothing to listen to.

17. lola says:

What a cute dog Katie!! when it’s raining i like to cuddle up in a couch and read or watch a movie. I like to nap too, or go running if it’s only drizzling lightly!

18. Beth says:

I’m in great shape and am not jealous at all 🙂 Seriously no offense intended to Katie, but I definitely wouldn’t trade bodies, as she has more the runway body and I have more the swimsuit body, and I think everyone should be happy with the body they have.

I did send an email to Katie though apologizing. After posting the comment, I looked into her blog more thoroughly and realized she’s already explained why she is so skinny.
    I really don’t think I was being super rude or obnoxious. I didn’t realize that everything on a blog has to agree with what everyone says.

But, like I said, I did send an email apologizing to Katie, and I let her know I think she’s very pretty and admirable. I also asked her to take down my first comment as I didnt’ want everyone getting all hot and bothered about it.

I apologize to you readers as well if what I said seriously offended you.

-Beth

19. Beth,

I really, really appreciated the email and second comment. I deleted the first comment like you asked.

Jenny R,

I keep trying to email you, but it comes back as undeliverable (I wrote the same thing on my last post lol). I love all your comments; please don’t think I’m ignoring you in that I never respond! 🙂

20. Jenny says:

True story: one time I went running and saw a woman mowing her lawn topless. Perhaps that’s why I’ve converted to an avid yoga fan.. I prefer getting my workouts in boobie-free.