Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

The future Mrs. Robert Pattison?

Dear Kristin Stewart,

Until you learn how to act (and smile!), I am replacing you as the object of Edward’s affection. Have a nice day.

Sadly, I’m afraid my chances with Edward are shot, due to the inordinate amount of garlic consumed in last night’s Stir Fry Salad.

It was worth it, though! Above, Stir Fry Salad (with zucchini, bok choy, broccoli, mushrooms, okra, napa, shoyu, and garlic)

Taylor Lautner, you like garlic, right? 😉

Question of the Day:

Have you read the Twilight books?  I finally gave in and read them to see what all the fuss was about.  They were okay; compelling, but not extremely well-written.  Certainly no Tess of the d’Urbervilles (my favorite book of all time).

1. Kate says:

I did read the Twilight series and basically thought that Stephanie Meyers was a total hack writer. While I finished the series out of morbid curiosity the final book had me rolling my eyes an awful lot.

I have my own Edward in my Transylvanian. I actually wore garlic around my neck on our second date!

2. Whit says:

Oh, I love Twilight! I do agree that they don’t hold a candle to Harry Potter though. Dear Harry. I was sad his story ended.

3. I read the twilight books and wasn’t wowed…I’m a Harry Potter fan all the way, and TOTALLY saving up to visit the new themepark when it opens next year! PLEASE tell me you heard about that!

4. Cecilia says:

LOL at the photoshoped pic – you need to put on a more serious face though 😀

I agree, Harry Potter is wayyy better than Twilights …

5. Brandi says:

no, i haven’t read ANY of them! I know…maybe some day 🙂

6. Sarah W. says:

I had to read Twilight just to see what the fuss was about. Definately compelling and I read all 4 books during my beach vacation – good beach reads! I’m loving the movies too – twilight was true to the book I thought which is not what I can say for other book-movie deals.

Not bad for pure entertainment 🙂 i love vampire stuff – loving The Vampire Diaries on the cw too

7. Even with garlic breath, I still love ya 🙂 SF salad looks really good, happy Thurs sweetie 🙂

8. I think I am going to have to cave in and read the Twilight books. I haven’t seen the movie yet either. I guess I have been living under a rock!

Your photoshoped pic is great!

9. Steph says:

haha, nice photo-editing work. I’m sure you have a chance with him (garlic or no garlic) 😉

10. jcd says:

I read the first Twilight book. Rather, I forced myself to finish the book because I couldn’t stand reading it. I don’t understand the hype one bit. And I also think the books and the surrounding fanfare/idolosation is neither good or appropriate for teenage girls. Maybe I’m just getting old? (But I’m not the only person I know who thinks that way.)

I haven’t read ‘Tess of the d’Urbervilles’ but I’ll look for it at the library next time I’m there.

One of my all-time favourite books, besides Harry Potter, DaVinci Code, and a handful of others, is Anne of Green Gables. I read it as a child and still re-read it over and over again between other books.

11. Marina says:

I haven’t read them. I just had a glimpse of the text, and I don’t like it. I’m more for Tolstoy and Dostojevski kind of gal 😀

12. Melinda says:

Didn’t read the books, but did see the movie, and it wasn’t that bad. I watch a lot of movies so I will watch just about anything.

13. I have read the Twilight series, but I think the only way to describe it would be “awesomely bad” (a la VH1, haha). Like, of course I couldn’t put it down, but I can’t say I thought it wasn’t almost unbearably cheesey. I appreciate it for what it’s worth: page-turning entertainment!

I’m also ashamed to admit that I find RPattz pretty hot. Even with that ridiculous Edward Cullen scowl.

I do remember Tess of the d’Urbervilles, though–that was a good one! Oh and so interesting to learn that you lived in Tokyo 4 years! I detected some Japanese influence in your blog posts, of course, but I’m so curious to know what brought you to Japan in the first place! I’ve lived there for short periods of time over the years that my parents have spent there, but alas, they’re retiring to the US at the end of 2009. A blessing and a curse! 🙂

14. OMG! I LOVE TWILIGHT! I’m on Eclipse right now, and I’m so obsessed. I have the world’s biggest 14-year-old crush on Edward (and I don’t mean Robert Pattinson…the Edward in my head is way hotter). The movie was kinda lame though…I agree that Kristin Stewart can’t really act. But I think the books are well-written. Harry Potter is still the best. But the Twilight saga gets second place.

15. There is NO such thing as too much garlic! YUM!

Not only am I a voracious vegan, I am also a voracious reader. I read about 2 or 3 books a week, I just can’t get enough. So, I picked up the first Twilight book with an open mind…..and I was appalled. I can’t believe that drivel is so popular. It is poorly written, unimaginative and just wretched. Ughghghg…..*shudder*

16. livelaughloveandrun says:

Hahah.. that picture is great!! I liked the Twilight books, but totally agree that the HP books are MUCH better!

17. Devan Newman says:

i have not read the twilight books.. but i think I want to now… just because I have heard way to much hype about them! haha
    I also want to read LA Candy (by lauren conrad, from the hills).. im tres addicted.

garlic is the best ingredient. ever.
    as well as lemon zest.

…and chocolate.

18. Melanie says:

I actually LOVE Twilight! Thanks for the recommendation for Tess of the d’Urbervilles – I just downloaded a free copy on my Kindle!!

Yummy food – I love garlic too 🙂

19. Andrea says:

I have to agree that the Twilight books aren’t exactly well written – cue scene with Edward’s sparkly skin! That said, I couldn’t help loving them and read all four in record time. I can’t WAIT to see Taylor Lautner in the second installment of the movies!

I love your blog! I read it every day and felt like I couldn’t read this post without leaving a comment. 🙂

20. JHunt says: