Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

This Stuff’s Made In New York City

New York City?!

(Quote from a popular Pace Picante Salsa commercial)

Chocolate Banana Butter is made in Texas:

However, the creation is partly thanks to a certain company in New York City.

Earlier this summer, we were ambling about in Greenwich Village when suddenly the PB&Co restaurant announces its presence on our radar screen.

Of course we had to go in. Behold, the wall of peanut butter and jelly!

The jars were a bit expensive. I can find the PB&Co nut butters at my local grocery store for a much better price.  But I didn’t want to be rude… and they were kind enough to let me snap a few photos, so I bought a jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams.

I also found a new primate friend. But he stayed in the store after we left.  Lucky guy, to be surrounded by peanut butter all day…

Later, we made our way over to Washington Square Park, a bustling-yet-peaceful site. (I especially love watching the dogs run around in the two dog parks.) On this day, we claimed a sunny park bench and basked in the NYC atmosphere. Time for a snack: the purchased DCD peanut butter paired perfectly with some organic raspberries, fresh from Lifethyme Natural Food Store.

z 1127

1. Jessica says:

Ahhh, I love NY 🙂 Just looking at your pics make me want to take another trip there! I haven’t been since Jan. 🙁

PB&Co makes some AMAZING stuff. The white chocolate is my absolute favorite, followed closely by the dark chocolate and mighty maple!

2. Maggie says:

Thanks a lot Katie, now I miss NYC!! I used to live about a block away from where you are sitting on the bench.

3. Janna says:

Agreed NYC is perfect 🙂

I’m going to have to hit up all these NYC places now that I’ve moved here.

Any other NYC gems (food related or otherwise) I should go to??

4. ellie says:

I am going to NY in 9 days!!!!! 😀 PLEASE come!

5. A whole store devoted to peanut butter!?!?! Oh the delights of the city that never sleeps….I would probably live in that store. I love me some peanut butter. And peanut butter with chocolate? My soul mate.

6. Looks like the perfect NYC day! And, uh, I don’t know why Google will not add you to my reader. It is being LOCO and I don’t like it.

7. Were you even born when those Pace commercials were out? 🙂

What a yummy trip! I still haven’t tried that PB brand, sheesh!

8. janetha says:

hahaha i totally heard the drawl of the dude who says “new york city?!” in the commercial. love it. you are gorgeous in those photos!

9. Melinda says:

I have sooo been there and it’s soooo good. Actually next weekend I will be in NYC so I might have to make a stop there and bring some back to the island here. Thanks for the reminder of the yumminess that is in NYC!

10. Katie says:

Love your blog and wow that is peanutbutter heaven! I knew that place was in NYC, saw it featured on the travel channel, I would love to go there one day!

11. Ricki says:

Aw, I miss New York!!

12. Bridget says:

Love that stuff! I like WCW and the Maple one.

13. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) says:

Now that’s a great shopping trip!! You look like such a lovely lady sitting on the park bench. Tres Chic! Where’s the filiming crew for Sex & the City? You’re channeling your inner Charlotte I think. So beautiful 🙂 And the PB tour looks so fun too!

14. Wow, what an amazing store! I’d love to visit there.

15. I have been to PB & Co. – November 2003, the day after I ran the NYC Marathon. I had some kind of pb sandwich with Granny Smith apples. So good!

Love your style Katie. So cute.

16. Shelby says:

I can’t wait to go to NY (someday this will happen!) and visit PB&Co, yum yum!

17. Jenny says:

oh em freak-a-leakin’ went to PB&Co.. I mean, paradise? Excuse me for a second, I’m going to drown my jealously in some cinnamon raisin swirl.

18. Maria says:

Ah yes, the primate is so very lucky to be surrounded by PB all day and to meet Katie in person 😉

19. Naomi says:

i have wanted to go to the acutal store for SO long, so I am living vicariously through you 🙂 that looks so fun!! and delicious obviously, I am so glad you got the chance to experience the store!! oh and the cinnamon swirl is awesome, get that one next time!

20. You must think we are really gullible if you just happened to be wandering and BOOM there was that shop!!! I don’t believe it for a minute!! (Of course you could always tell me I’m wrong!) 😀 I would have thought I’d died and gone to heaven.

I do find that stuff expensive though. Then again there was some raw almond butter for nearly $20 today in the store! I nearly choked on my chocolate nib! I didn’t spend a zillion dollars on a vitamix so I could go and BUY expensive nut butters thankyouverymuch!! 🙂