Huggies! (No, Not The Diapers)

A blog reader, Jenny, had a really fun idea:

She suggested that, for Hug-a-Carb Month, we should all take pictures of ourselves… hugging carbs! Silly? Yes. But life’s way more fun when you’re being silly, don’t you think? My grandma always used to say, “If they’re laughing at me, well then at least they’re laughing!” So, at the risk of being laughed at, I’ll post my picture. Let’s not just stop at hugging carbs. Get creative; the sillier the better!

Will you join me for a carb-love photoshoot?

I'm 21!!! 040

The Spaghetti Monster attacks Handsome Dinner Date.

hman

And Henry loves carbs.

Okay, he just loves food, period.

Are you brave enough to take part in the photoshoot? If you don’t like grains, it doesn’t mean you’re off the hook.  After all, fruits and veggies are carbs too!

blogfruit

1. Jessica says:

Hahaha this is a great idea! I can’t wait to participate!

2. Justine says:

Cute pics Katie!!

~Justine

3. elizabeth says:

those are amazing photos!! love it!

4. What a cute idea! Your puppy looks adorable!

5. jcd says:

I don’t have any grain/pasta/bread photos on my computer but I found this one:

It was our entry to the Mickey 500 vegetable car race. And yes, lots of vegetables were eaten in the making of this car.

6. hahhaa that’s great!! As soon as I find my camera in that packing mess I will be getting you a picture!

7. Little Bookworm says:

Hi Katie.

I’ve never commented before but I just thought I would to tell you that I love this post!

8. Maggie says:

I will totally be hugging my rice cooker in an upcoming post 😛

9. janetha says:

i LOVE this idea and i heart carbs like no other. i will have to get snapping on my lovin’ photos. the one of your pooch is awesome 🙂

10. Jessica says:

Hehehe, those are really cute pics!! I need someone to take my picture, lol.

11. Aw, love the photo of you with the bagel halo…Our Lady of Carbaloupe!

12. I meant, Carbalupe…apparently, I cannot properly spell names for the virgin mary.

13. I do love my food, hugging it won’t be that hard of a stretch! And you are SO right, life is much better when we are being silly! 🙂 Great post, Katie!

14. Haha! This is too funny. I love your bagel halo, and your dog looks mighty happy to be worshiping a carb (or a bone?)! 🙂

15. Meg says:

LOVE this idea 🙂 I’m in!

I love carbs!

16. Devan Newman says:

HELLS yes I am doing this 😀

17. Jess says:

Your blog never fails to get more fun, and you never fail to get more beautiful! But I think your pup gets my vote for best pic of the post.

Sorry Katie!

18. Emily says:

haha! well I love carbs so this shouldnt be too hard…

19. jen molica says:

i’m in, katie. it may just take a day or so for me to post the photo. this is a great topic for vegan MOFO!