Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Huggies! (No, not the diapers)

A blog reader, Jenny, had a really fun idea:

She suggested that, for Hug-a-Carb Month, we should all take pictures of ourselves… hugging carbs! Silly? Yes. But life’s way more fun when you’re being silly, don’t you think? My grandma always used to say, “If they’re laughing at me, well then at least they’re laughing!” So, at the risk of being laughed at, I’ll post my picture. Let’s not just stop at hugging carbs. Get creative; the sillier the better!

Will you join me for a carb-love photoshoot?

I'm 21!!! 040

The Spaghetti Monster attacks Handsome Dinner Date.

hman

And Henry loves carbs.

Okay, he just loves food, period.

Are you brave enough to take part in the photoshoot? If you don’t like grains, it doesn’t mean you’re off the hook.  After all, fruits and veggies are carbs too!

blogfruit

1. Jessica says:

Hahaha this is a great idea! I can’t wait to participate!

2. Justine says:

Cute pics Katie!!

~Justine

3. elizabeth says:

those are amazing photos!! love it!

4. What a cute idea! Your puppy looks adorable!

5. jcd says:

I don’t have any grain/pasta/bread photos on my computer but I found this one:

It was our entry to the Mickey 500 vegetable car race. And yes, lots of vegetables were eaten in the making of this car.

6. hahhaa that’s great!! As soon as I find my camera in that packing mess I will be getting you a picture!

7. Little Bookworm says:

Hi Katie.

I’ve never commented before but I just thought I would to tell you that I love this post!

8. Maggie says:

I will totally be hugging my rice cooker in an upcoming post 😛

9. janetha says:

i LOVE this idea and i heart carbs like no other. i will have to get snapping on my lovin’ photos. the one of your pooch is awesome :)

10. Jessica says:

Hehehe, those are really cute pics!! I need someone to take my picture, lol.

11. Aw, love the photo of you with the bagel halo…Our Lady of Carbaloupe!

12. I meant, Carbalupe…apparently, I cannot properly spell names for the virgin mary.

13. Haha wonderful idea! I’ll have to see if I can come up with anything.

14. I do love my food, hugging it won’t be that hard of a stretch! And you are SO right, life is much better when we are being silly! :-) Great post, Katie!

15. Haha! This is too funny. I love your bagel halo, and your dog looks mighty happy to be worshiping a carb (or a bone?)! :)

16. Meg says:

LOVE this idea :) I’m in!

I love carbs!

17. Devan Newman says:

HELLS yes I am doing this 😀

18. Jess says:

Your blog never fails to get more fun, and you never fail to get more beautiful! But I think your pup gets my vote for best pic of the post.

Sorry Katie!

19. Emily says:

haha! well I love carbs so this shouldnt be too hard…

20. jen molica says:

i’m in, katie. it may just take a day or so for me to post the photo. this is a great topic for vegan MOFO!

21. I love it Katie. I’ll be sending you a picture soon. :)

22. Jenny R. says:

YEA. hehe …my pics will be on their way soon too. Cheddar will make an appearance with some pasta probably. What’s Mr. Henry eating?

23. Alison says:

How cute! Love the spaghetti photo.

24. anonymous says:

Wait, do we put the photos up on our own blogs or send them to you?

25. anonymous,

I meant for you to put them up on your own blogs… but if you don’t have a blog and still want to join in, I guess you can send a photo to me.

Sorry for the confusion!! 😕

26. Kelly says:

Katie, you’re too cute. I think a carb-inspired post is in order on my blog, too! Thanks for some VeganMoFo inspiration. 😉

27. Shelby says:

This post is just adorable! I will have to take a pic with my daily bowl of oats :)

28. You have such a fun outlook on life Katie, I love it, and that big smile! So contagious 😀

29. MarathonVal says:

So cute with the fruit necklace! :) You have way too much fun with photoshop…. I wish I was less technologically inept so I could do the same, haha!

30. Hi Katie, what a cute idea! And I just saw that HEAB made your brownie batter pancakes…I still need to get on those b/c you made them look soooo good :)

31. Abby says:

Katie, you’re so cute! I love your idea AND your love for carbs :)

32. psychoj1 says:

Love the idea! How cute :)

Love all your recipes as well. They always sound fantastic!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

33. randomlymikey says:

haha, how cute. i’ll have to get my hug on :)

34. christina says:

hi katie! i just found your blog today and i love it! you are adorable and can’t wait to read more posts! take care!

35. broccolihut says:

LOVE this idea! I’ve got to have some pictures of me WITH my food around here somewhere…we all know I have plenty of my food itself:)

36. just found your blog! is that a jack russell i spy?! i have one too!

37. I’m on it! My next post won’t be for a few days though…exams are eating all my time!

38. Great idea! I am new to your blog and love it already. I have a shirt that says I love carbs!

39. Holly says:

you are too dang cute! i may just have to feel the love with some carbs tonight!

40. Jenny says:

oh my god – in love! I shall def. get a photoshoot going of me and some lurvely carbs soon :)

41. Haylee says:

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE LOVE me my squash carbs. I have dedicated this week to be squash week for me. I have found that Delectica squash fries are my favorite! You need to try them!

42. Emily says:

Love all the carby photos! Now I just need to pick a carb to take my picture with. Hmmm…so many good carbs to choose from. :-)

43. Marianne says:

Hmmm…prehaps I will find a way to embarass myself, just for your entertianment :) I do love some carbs.

44. Damjana says:

Nice idea! I’m already participating (eating carbs) though I haven’t shot any pic of myself eating carbs recenty.