Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Would you like some Hay with your Chocolate?

znyc 247

Let’s begin the post with some Choco-licious Chocolate Pudding.

Because anything is good if it starts with chocolate, right? But we’ll come back to the pudding later. First, Carb Month News:

The photos so far have been adorable, fun, and hilarious. Take, for instance, my reader friend, Jennifer’s, photo:

The carbs in hay do a nice job of fueling horses… and Jennifer, apparently 😉

1. Jessica says:

You have the best chocolate creations EVER!

2. Kristie Lynn says:

Katie, I tried to make the pudding yesterday and it did not thicken up like I was hoping it would – even with the 2 heaping teaspoons of agar agar :( Any clue why?

I ended up pouring the mixture into popsicle molds, though, so I’ll let you know if I end up with yummy chocolate pudding pops :)

3. peanutbutterfingers says:

i loooove pudding & yours looks delicious. i’ve never made that squash before & it looks tasty! i love how i’m just now realizing these squash things i thought were decorations all these years are actually edible!

4. Jen says:

I’ve made your Chocolicious Pudding so many times before! It’s become a staple in my house. I think I could make it in my sleep!

I haven’t ever put the soyatoo in it, but I can only imagine how good it must be like that.

5. Your chocolate covered meal of the day looks awesome, especially the stir fry salad! Those tempeh strips and squash are the perfect addition to this meal :)

6. jcd says:

I’ll agree with you Katie. As much as the hay was full of fibre, it was a bit bland and chewy. I’ll stick to homemade pasta and cinnamon roll french toast, vegan of course!

On the other hand, your wee squash look quite scrumptous… Oh how I love squash!

Hallowe’en this year will be busy! We are having a big bring-a-friend costume party with Brownies next week. Then, next weekend my sister-in-law is having a spooky movie marathon. I haven’t decide which costume I’ll wear though… ancestor (dead person/ghost), (vegan) vampire, astronaut, Olympian, or National Geographic photographer? What will you be?

7. Krista says:

Aren’t all the different varieties of squash out there amazing???

8. Chocolate pudding I love you! Get in my belly! Seriously, that stuff looks AMAZINGLY tasty and creamy!

9. Jessica says:

I’m glad you tried the dumpling squash — isn’t it good?! I had one earlier this week! :)

I’m going to a football game on Halloween and I can’t decide about dressing up. It sounds fun, but I have to sit outside for 4-5 hours in Chicago, so I’d need a warm costume!

10. vegetalion says:

Squash makes every meal better! …though ending with chocolate pudding is a good call, too ^_^

11. Dumpling squash!? I’ve never heard of it. But I love it just for its cute name.

Andd gaaah that pudding! You make a non-chocolate girl want to be convert

12. Devan Newman says:

haha I love the hay loving photos 😀

Your squash looks perfect.
    your dinner=yummm! how I wish you could be my take home chef <3

I made some fudgy babies! but i need to work on them.. they were icky sticky.. but tasted like LOVE.

13. Steph says:

haha, the carb-hugging photo is awesome! I doubt anyone will be able to find a bigger carb than that wheel of hay.

14. Jenny R. says:

these days I’ve been going through a squash per day almost!!! I’m turning a little orangey. Whats the difference btwn a sweet potato and a yam taste wise?
    I think I’m going to stay in for Halloween b/c I like giving out the candy haha..I’m a nerd. You better post pics of your halloween costume. I hope you dress your puppies up too 😉

15. Shelby says:

I have no idea what to be for halloween! I’m running out of time too! oh no!

16. Sünne says:

I recently had a Sweet Dumpling Squash for the first time and found it almost too cute to eat. But the big pumpkin lover in me just dug in, hehe (evil laugh).

Oh, I wish Halloween was celebrated around here! I’d love to dress up (maybe I’d have to go as a pumpkin ;))!

17. Melissa says:

Ahhh, I just decided on what to have as a bedtime treat. love all that chocolate! I came across these tiny squashes a couple of times and actually thought they were for decorating… now they ain´t safe no more…ha,ha

I have nothing planned in particular for Halloween yet, but it´s my favorite holiday and always brings back great childhood memories!

18. oh wow. I don’t even know how to thank you or how to describe how delicious fudge babies are. Katie, you’re a genius!!!!! They are dangerous! haha Thank you so much!!!!!!

19. Jenny says:

dayummm – that is one hugh jass carb! I’d hate to mess with the horse who eats that baybay!

chocolateeeeeeeeeeeeee.. nomz <3

20. that is one large hay stack . LOL. Chocolate is always a winner for me in any form or recipe!! :) No big plans for Halloween besides work… always work for me! :(

21. gina (fitnessista) says:

that pudding looks like heaven. i want to swim in it!!!
    totally wishing i could find cool trendy squash in vtown.. the coolest one we have is butternut. no kabocha or anything fun that i’ve seen, but i’m on the lookout!
    hope you’re having a great week!

22. psychoj1 says:

Mmmmmm…fabulous looking chocolate pudding. I want to eat it right now!!

<3 jess

23. Shannon says:

what an awesome photo :)

24. broccolihut says:

Such beautiful little squash! And yay for sesame garlic tempeh strips:)

25. Maria says:

LOL at the hay picture! Squash and chocolate pudding!? That’s my kind of meal 😉

Too much school work to dress up, but I can’t wait to hear about your costume!

26. Vegetation says:

I’ll skip on the hay, but that is one awesome photo!!

And yum! I want choco-licious pudding now!!