Would you like some Hay with your Chocolate?

znyc 247

Let’s begin the post with some Choco-licious Chocolate Pudding.

Because anything is good if it starts with chocolate, right? But we’ll come back to the pudding later. First, Carb Month News:

The photos so far have been adorable, fun, and hilarious. Take, for instance, my reader friend, Jennifer’s, photo:

jen

The carbs in hay do a nice job of fueling horses… and Jennifer, apparently 😉

1. Jessica says:

You have the best chocolate creations EVER!

2. Kristie Lynn says:

Katie, I tried to make the pudding yesterday and it did not thicken up like I was hoping it would – even with the 2 heaping teaspoons of agar agar 🙁 Any clue why?

I ended up pouring the mixture into popsicle molds, though, so I’ll let you know if I end up with yummy chocolate pudding pops 🙂

3. peanutbutterfingers says:

i loooove pudding & yours looks delicious. i’ve never made that squash before & it looks tasty! i love how i’m just now realizing these squash things i thought were decorations all these years are actually edible!

4. Jen says:

I’ve made your Chocolicious Pudding so many times before! It’s become a staple in my house. I think I could make it in my sleep!

I haven’t ever put the soyatoo in it, but I can only imagine how good it must be like that.

5. jcd says:

I’ll agree with you Katie. As much as the hay was full of fibre, it was a bit bland and chewy. I’ll stick to homemade pasta and cinnamon roll french toast, vegan of course!

On the other hand, your wee squash look quite scrumptous… Oh how I love squash!

Hallowe’en this year will be busy! We are having a big bring-a-friend costume party with Brownies next week. Then, next weekend my sister-in-law is having a spooky movie marathon. I haven’t decide which costume I’ll wear though… ancestor (dead person/ghost), (vegan) vampire, astronaut, Olympian, or National Geographic photographer? What will you be?

6. Krista says:

Aren’t all the different varieties of squash out there amazing???

7. Chocolate pudding I love you! Get in my belly! Seriously, that stuff looks AMAZINGLY tasty and creamy!

8. Jessica says:

I’m glad you tried the dumpling squash — isn’t it good?! I had one earlier this week! 🙂

I’m going to a football game on Halloween and I can’t decide about dressing up. It sounds fun, but I have to sit outside for 4-5 hours in Chicago, so I’d need a warm costume!

9. vegetalion says:

Squash makes every meal better! …though ending with chocolate pudding is a good call, too ^_^

10. Dumpling squash!? I’ve never heard of it. But I love it just for its cute name.

Andd gaaah that pudding! You make a non-chocolate girl want to be convert

11. Jessie (Vegan-minded) says:

Your chocolate covered meal of the day looks awesome, especially the stir fry salad! Those tempeh strips and squash are the perfect addition to this meal 🙂

12. Devan Newman says:

haha I love the hay loving photos 😀

Your squash looks perfect.
    your dinner=yummm! how I wish you could be my take home chef <3

I made some fudgy babies! but i need to work on them.. they were icky sticky.. but tasted like LOVE.

13. Steph says:

haha, the carb-hugging photo is awesome! I doubt anyone will be able to find a bigger carb than that wheel of hay.

14. Jenny R. says:

these days I’ve been going through a squash per day almost!!! I’m turning a little orangey. Whats the difference btwn a sweet potato and a yam taste wise?
    I think I’m going to stay in for Halloween b/c I like giving out the candy haha..I’m a nerd. You better post pics of your halloween costume. I hope you dress your puppies up too 😉

15. Shelby says:

I have no idea what to be for halloween! I’m running out of time too! oh no!

16. Sünne says:

I recently had a Sweet Dumpling Squash for the first time and found it almost too cute to eat. But the big pumpkin lover in me just dug in, hehe (evil laugh).

Oh, I wish Halloween was celebrated around here! I’d love to dress up (maybe I’d have to go as a pumpkin ;))!

17. Melissa says:

Ahhh, I just decided on what to have as a bedtime treat. love all that chocolate! I came across these tiny squashes a couple of times and actually thought they were for decorating… now they ain´t safe no more…ha,ha

I have nothing planned in particular for Halloween yet, but it´s my favorite holiday and always brings back great childhood memories!

18. Jenny says:

dayummm – that is one hugh jass carb! I’d hate to mess with the horse who eats that baybay!

chocolateeeeeeeeeeeeee.. nomz <3

19. that is one large hay stack . LOL. Chocolate is always a winner for me in any form or recipe!! 🙂 No big plans for Halloween besides work… always work for me! 🙁

20. gina (fitnessista) says:

that pudding looks like heaven. i want to swim in it!!!
    totally wishing i could find cool trendy squash in vtown.. the coolest one we have is butternut. no kabocha or anything fun that i’ve seen, but i’m on the lookout!
    hope you’re having a great week!
    xoxo