Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Pregnant!

No, I’m not pregnant. But someone is!

z 459

I modeled my friend’s baby-shower stork cake after a button from Party City.

stork cake

Below, with the button:

z 458

z 455

And a close-up of the 100%-edible decoration, made from fondant.

For the time being, I’d much rather make some of these babies:

znyc 274

(Above, original hot cocoa babies and chocolate-coconut fudge babies.

Image 623[1]

znyc 276

Above, plain fudge babies keep company with a chocolate-coconut and a Cashew Cookie baby.

Who wants a whining, crying thing when you can have chocolate? I’m kidding. I really do love babies (and not only the chocolate ones). I’m just not ready for my own quite yet!

1. Gena says:

I need to get on the fudge baby train!

2. Jessica says:

Hopefully, there will be a baby in my near future, and not just the fudge variety! :)

3. I reeeeally want to make cashew cookie babies–not to hate on the fudgies

4. Haha definitely an attention-grabbing title! That cake is beautiful, and so are the fudge babies! :)

5. Katie you almost gave me a heart attack! Thank goodness the only baby you’ve got at the moment is made of fudge! 😉 That cake looks awesome! Isn’t fondant the best? I love to work with it, you can make so many things that not only look great but taste delicious too.

6. Jessica says:

That is a gorgeous cake! Anything with hot pink and sparkles catches my eye. Yes. I am 5 years old. Call me Princess Jessica.

7. Marina says:

I would kill someone for some fudge babies right now!
    That cake looks so cute, good job!

8. taylor says:

you made that?! oh my gosh.

9. DJ says:

Certainly caught my attention! That cake looks awesome btw – so pink, I think my daughter would have a fit if she saw it!

10. shannonmarie says:

Congrats. I just had a little girl in August. She’s growing up so fast.

By the way, those other babies are cute, too. I might have to try some.

11. brandi says:

you are so talented!

12. shannonmarie says:

Let me reword that. I did catch the fact that you weren’t pregnant … but maybe some day :-)

13. Cassie says:

wow! did you decorate that gorgeous cake? you could be a pastry chef!! :)

14. You are sooo amazingly talented. I’m going to have to fly you up here to make a cake for our next party. Okay, maybe we’ll just make some of those awesome looking fudge babies!

15. Amen for chocolate babies right now!! that is more than enough for me!

16. Whit says:

lol, all my friends are running off and marrying and having kids too. What?!?! I just want to veg out and eat chocolate. What’s the rush? 😉

17. My heart skipped a million beats at your subject line….LOL

Fudge babies in the mail….well hot diggity, maybe I’ll get lucky :)

Your presentation of them looks good enough to open your own candy store…I hear See’s or Godiva needs help repackaging their candies and they are calling you!

xoox

18. Janna says:

I’d bet more than 5 bucks!

I also need to get on that fudge baby train!

YUM!

19. molly says:

the cake is beautiful!
    but i’m with you – those fudge babies are much more appealing 😉

20. Melinda says:

That cake looks beautiful. Great designing on it. Yes, those fudge babies are much less work and time consuming and do not cry!

21. You made that?!?! Do your talents know no bounds????
    Is it bad to want to have a baby so I can get a cake like that?? 😀

22. Yasmin says:

Definitely don’t need a man when I can make my babies on my own!! Ha, ha love it! Munching on one right now :)

23. Vegyogini says:

Hahahaha! Congratulations to your friends…they are so lucky to have a shower cake that you baked just for them! It’s quite adorable.

Not to mention your lucky readers getting fudgie babies…wow! Lucky them. I hope I get a chance to make my own soon. Maybe this weekend…

24. Meg says:

Katie! You startled me with such a title!! Congrats to your friend, and congrats to YOU for making such amazing recipes!

Love,
    Meg

25. Devan Newman says:

Those fudge babies are deelish!

i made them too, love 😉 tee hee

And gorgeous cake! you are creative!

26. Sophia says:

It definitely got my attention, I am so out $5. I feel the same way, all my friends are either married, getting married, have kids or a kid is on the way. Its crazy, I feel too young to have kids, but not to young for fudge babies! Lol. Never to young for those.

27. *Andrea* says:

mmm the coconut ones look sooo good! (well they all do :) )

28. Your cake skills are off the hook! I feel like I’ve told this story a billion times, but I have to laugh at myself. I baked a sheet cake for a friend’s birthday one time and armed myself with a few colors of frosting tubes, but when I actually went to freehand-decorate it, I could tell it would come out horrible so I chickened out and just wrote “CAKE” on the top using one color of icing. It got a laugh, if not decoration praise. 😉

Fudge babies are definitely one thing I wouldn’t mind being pregnant with! HAHA…

29. Scorpionne says:

wow you are very talented with the cake. It looks very good. My birthday is coming and I’m thinking of doing a birthday cake but something original :) Last year, my boyfriend bought me a Dora birthday cake and I bought him Diego birthday cake LOL

I’ll probably do your fudge babies soon. I printed the recipe last week and you kept showing them to us. It’s teasing us LOL

30. Haven’t made any Fudge Babies yet, but I sure enjoyed eating some. :) Thanks again Katie. They lasted less than 48 hours!

This post made me laugh, and the cake you made for your friend is beautiful!

31. Cassie:
    Yup, I did. Thanks so much for the sweet compliment :)

32. Damn CCV, I got a little worried there for a second. Glad its someone else’s baby! The cake is adorable….and as usual, so are the cute little fudgey babies!

33. Devan Newman says:

Oh Love! DONT WORRY 😀
    I dont mind! <3 love yah too much to worry about it! :) o

34. Anonymous says:

I’ve tried making the fudge babies twice now (once even before you posted this, but I thought I’d try again cause yours looked so good). Mine never seem to stick together because they’re too dry and crumbly or something, but in the pictures yours always look different. I’m I forgetting to add something other than dates, cocoa, vanilla, and walnuts?

35. Alison says:

Fudge babies look fabulous! I haven’t seen them on other blogs yet. I want to try them.
    Scary title :-)

36. Alison says:

Funny…actually I did see that post before. I think I commented too. How soon I forget!

37. Hi Anonymous,
    I’m really sorry they haven’t worked for you :(.
    I don’t know if you saw my Fudge Baby FAQ post:

Can you tell me what kind of dates you’re using? And are you using the same proportions of nuts and dates that the recipe calls for? I’m trying to figure out what could be going on, since it always works for me. Hopefully we can figure this out, because the little guys taste so good!!

Love,
    CCV

38. Diann says:

Ha! You sure did get my attention! Your cake is awesome, Katie, just perfect!

I hope to be added to the list of baby-makers soon!

39. Katharina says:

Those Fudge Babies look SOOOO GOOD!!! Especially the ones with the coconut oh my gosh. And your cake! You have got serious talent girl. No wonder people to come to you for baked goods 😉

40. Jenny says:

aw defintely had my hopes up for some little chocolate covered babies :) but kind of relieved you don’t have a bun in the oven.. congrats to your friend!! :)

41. I need to make those fudge babies!

42. gina (fitnessista) says:

i was like “whaaaaaat?!”
    catchy 😀
    i love the cake you made– you truly are an artist. so impressive and i’m still waiting for you to open that cupcake and cake shop :)
    still need to make me some fudge babies 😀
    have a great night!

43. randomlymikey says:

def. got my attention! but i’m glad you did because those fudge babies look amazing! nice cake too!

44. Naomi says:

LOL I gotta get on the baby bandwagon!! these look insannnely good!!

45. BroccoliHut says:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again–you are an art-eest! I always love how vibrant your decorated baked goods are.

46. CaSaundra says:

Your right, that post title did get my attention!! 😛

Totally looove that cake, I made a baby shower cake quite a few months ago! They are one of my favorite themed cakes to make.

47. That cake looks incredible! Great job!

48. Damjana says:

As I don’t have the oven, these fudge babies seem to be a great idea to get healthy cookies/truffles. I bought the two ingredients for the cashew cookie lärabar version – will be on my to-do-list soon :)
    Nice to see so many people have already made the fudge in this short time! Fudge baby mania rules;)

49. Damjana says:

As a solution for crumbly balls I suggest adding honey – this ALWAYS works for me. Honey works like glue, a spoonful might already be enough.

50. Brooke says:

Not only did I LOVE them, but I took them home over the weekend and my family really enjoyed them too. I think I’m going to make another batch tonight. They didn’t last nearly as long as I thought they would. :)

51. ohhmay says:

I cant wait to try the recipe for the fudge babies… It looks so decadent!! Thank you for the warning about the clif nectars… I had to go stock up!
    & your work on that cake is beautifull!!

52. Meredith says:

You’re so creative! Did you take a cake decorating class or did you just figure it out on your own?

53. Mara says:

I’m gonna HAVE to make some of those yummy-looking fudge babies!!

And, feel free to use my pictures as you please. =] Thanks!

54. Marianne says:

Good job on that cake! You have some mad fondant skillz. I’ve never worked with the stuff myself, but should maybe try it out one day. I guess I’d need a really special occasion to make a cake for though 😉

55. That cake is ADORABLE! Lucky friend! :)