Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Spooky Babies

I ended up posting twice yesterday.

If you missed the Peanut Butter Fudge Baby post, click here.

znyc 329

Above, ready to be rolled into Peanut Butter Babies

Moving on to Today’s post:

I once read that the most elite runners think of absolutely nothing but their form as they run. Well, I guess that counts me out! When I run, my mind races almost as quickly as my body, jumping from subject to subject faster than John Mayer changes girlfriends.

Often, my surroundings influence my thoughts.  (Remember the peachy-green ice cream?)

Such was the case a few days ago, when I passed a house all decorated for the upcoming holiday I love so much. (Did you catch the Halloween Oatmeal post?)  Little trash-bag ghosts (you stuff white bags with paper, then draw on faces—voila: trash-bag ghosts) dotted the trees.  This got me thinking…

How to make Fudge Baby Ghosts

1. First, make up a batch of Fudge Babies.  For my ghosties, I opted to use the Peanut Butter Fudge Babies version.

znyc 330

2. Next, form balls.

3. Cut circles out of a clean plastic bag and draw a face in the middle of each circle.

4. Place the little dough balls on the circles and close them up with bag ties, ribbon,etc.

5. Display your Spooky Babies for all to see eat!

Above, the three wise men Spooky Peanut Butter Babies

Below, the case of the Curious Spooky Fudge Baby

znyc 334

These are going to be Halloween presents for my friends, and I still have one more batch to make. But the jury’s still out as to whether or not this last batch will ever arrive at its intended destination. I’ve decided to make the last batch into Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Babies.

And somehow, when I’m around, chocolate seems to disappear…

*Cue Twilight-Zone music*

Tags: ,

1. Jessica says:

The fudge babie ghosts are too cute. You are so freakin’ creative girl!

2. Haha I love them!

And I’m the SAME when running; my mind moves faster than my bod, I think.

3. mihl says:

That last picture is too cute. The ghost looks very alive. Spooky.

4. Jessica says:

Those little guys are so adorable. I wish someone would give me those for Halloween! I’ll be lucky to get a few Swedish fish, lol…

5. Love the tutorial and the baby ghosts.

And of course your touching comment on my bloggie this a.m.

I love you Katie, enjoy your holiday weekend and if we lived closer you could come over and sit at the front door with me while we ate Fudge BAbies and passed out candy to the lil ones coming by!

6. How cute these little ghosts are! What sweet treats these will be and healthier too.

7. Scorpionne says:

Your spooky babies are so cute :)

8. What a great idea — you are so creative!

9. Kate says:

Awww. Those are so cute! I might just have to make some myself. Much better than any other Halloween “candy” being handed out.

10. CUTE!!! You are wicked creative, ma’am. Loving the PB babies idea, too. Love the PB cup idea even more actually! I was getting jealous of coworkers digging into the Halloween-stash Reese’s but kept thinking about how they make me feel like garbage. PB cup babies are a FAR better idea, don’t you agree? 😉

11. Great Post Katie! I am so glad I found your blog – I am going to make these cute tasty treats this weekend :)

Keep up the great posts! I look forward to reading more.
    Enjoy your Friday!

12. Your fudge baby ghosts are so cute! Great idea for giving out healthy treats on Halloween!

13. Alison says:

How boring it would be to only think of form while running. Most of the fun of running is the opportunity to think.

14. Jenny says:

I predict there will be fudge baby ghosts around here this weekend. And I love that they look like happy, nice ghosts.

15. jen molica says:

nice job, katie. i finally got around to making the standard fudge baby recipe myself, and posted about it. thanks as always for the healthy muse.

happy halloween!

16. I just found your blog and I think I’m in love! Fudge babies may just be the best thing EVER! I’m addicted to Lara bars and I would love to have a homemade alternative. Thanks! I’m adding you to my blog rotation!

17. Devan Newman says:

Ahh! These are the cutest little things EVER!!

18. elizabeth says:

omg those are ADORABLE!!!!
    have a happy halloween!

19. Shelby says:

Those are ADORABLE!

20. Kate says:

how cute are you?!?! love the ghosts!

21. Jenny says:

oh goodness! can not even handle how cute these are. Do me a favor and just run all day every day so you can keep coming up with this genius ideas?

p.s. you are the sweetest thing.. your comment on my blog today made me smile so big :) LOVE YOU KITTEN!

22. Love the ghosts! When I run my mind still wonders a lot tough I try hard to focus on my form :/

23. this looks fantastic and will surely be recreated over here in hot and humid singapore!
    have a happy halloween katie

24. Melinda says:

Very cute. That’s a creative idea.

25. SUCH a cute idea! I think that fun, homemade edible treats are the best presents to give. And who wouldn’t love to get a batch of these spooky little guys??? Brilliant idea, Katie!

26. Shannon says:

those are too cute! happy halloween :)

27. CaSaundra says:

If I was able to get trick-or-treaters in my apartment complex(it’s a locked complex), I would so give these out! Maybe I should call my mom and dad and tell em’ to get busy in the kitchen and hand these out to the kiddies :-)

HaPpY hAlLoWeEn!

28. shannonmarie says:

Those are adorable. My son would love them.

29. Vegetation says:

Awww they’re too gorgeous!!! *want*

30. Alanna says:

Hi Katie!

I know I have never commented on your blog before, but I have been following it for quite a long time. I love the idea of a vitamix, because organic flours and nut butters are so much more expensive than grinding them yourself!

31. Meg says:

Hi Katie! This is my first time commenting.I love your website! You’re so creative.

These Spooky Babies are so cute, and they look delicious!
    The first thing I would make in a Vitamix would have to be a green smoothie! Yum!

32. Adam says:

These look fantastic. At the risk of sounding chauvinistic I hope my wife will make them for me! I’d use the Vitamix for delicious smoothies!

33. LW says:

I am definitely making these spooky babies for my niece and nephew. And if they’re lucky (and I’m lucky!), I’ll make them some yummy fruit smoothies with my new VitaMix!!