Raw Macaroons

Raw Macaroons

Completely raw macaroons that are entirely vegan and contain no added sugars…

macar

(Form them into balls, bars, or cookie-cutter shapes, like the Peanut Butter Babies.)

Macaroon Babies

• 160 grams dates (1 and 1/3 c) (I use Sunmaid because they’re softer)
  • 1/4 cup coconut butter
  • 1/4 cup tbsp shredded coconut (I used unsweetened)

Note: A few readers/bloggers have successfully subbed coconut oil for the coconut butter, but I haven’t tried. Blend first two ingredients, using your blending gadget-of-choice (I use the Magic Bullet short cup). Mix in your coconut. Alternatively, you can roll the balls in coconut after forming them (as in the first photo of this post). Form in shapes of your choice. You can use the plastic bag trick. If you find the mixture too crumbly, put the bag in the fridge for a while before forming shapes. Due to the melty nature of coconut butter, store the Macaroon Babies in the fridge or freezer (that is if ya don’t eat them all first!).

maca2

On tomorrow’s agenda: Raw, vegan Mounds Bars

#1 reason to make Macaroon Babies: It gives you an excuse to say, in your best Austin Powers voice:
“Macaroony Babies, yeah!”

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Katie,
    I have totally slacked on my linking duties. So sorry my friend! Need to get linking in my next few posts.

Super excited about the Mounds Bars. 🙂

Super jealous my Whole Foods still does not sell Artisana products!

2. Ok Sweetie, again your treats look amazing! Lucky I just got back from whole foods with a jar of coconut oil and it is Screaming Vegan Macaroons!!

You are too funny…your posts make me smile Doll!

I hope you are having a great day!

3. Jenny R. says:

I bet I know what mound babies are made out of…..bliss??? hehe good thing I have a jar of that stuff lying around here. Ummm what’s the best way of melting coconut butter a bit so it can come out in tablespoon format? I’ve been boiling some water in a pot and then sticking the jar in there. I guess that’s really the only way…is that how everyone else does it?? (i’m a no microwave radiation kinda gal…*shudder*)

4. gina (fitnessista) says:

you know i love macaroons 😀
    i can’t wait to try your version- it looks amazing! i’m very excited for those mounds babies!

5. Shelby says:

Whoa Katie! These treats just keep getting more and more delicious!!!

6. Christina says:

Hey Katie! I just checked in on your blog and read about Operation Chocolate-Covered Kindness. You are so great for doing this! Of course I’ll help. Now I have an excuse to make one of your recipes again 🙂

7. sisrocks1996 says:

Hmm I’m not a coconut person but those look good enough to convert me!

8. MarathonVal says:

Katie, I am amazed at how you make all of these creations with dates… I cannot keep dates in my house for longer than 24 hours!! My husband and I devour them within seconds, we are so addicted. I can never keep enough around!

Mounds bar sounds awesome – I also love to make raw, vegan “Almond Joy” bars by blending 3 c. almond meal, 6 T cocoa powder, 7 or 8 T. agave nectar, a splash of almond extract and a pinch of salt! 🙂

9. Anonymous says:

I am SOO partaking in makin me some macaroon babies. In fact, I think I’ll give it a shot during my self-care cooking session tomorrow 🙂

Have a fabulous evening, prettyyy!
    Rebecca

10. BroccoliHut says:

Well, if you’re gonna force me, I guess I’ll bust out my coconut butter…and proceed to eat spoons of it straight from the jar:)

11. coconut and chocolate are perfect.

ooh. ginger macaroons should make an appearance;)
    i will be ze motha!

12. Sünne says:

Wait … is coconut butter the same as coconut oil? If yes, then I do have the chance to make this!

13. eatmovelove says:

Just found your blog – it’s great!! I just started my own and love finding new sites/readers – check it out if interested and add me to your roll 😉

14. CaSaundra says:

You are just one busy lady makin’ all these babies I tell ya–do I see and Katie as in the new John&Kate? Lol!

15. Chrysta says:

Wow! Great photos. I was always curious about the chocolate coconut butter. Ive seen it at the store a bunch and have always been tempted to buy it. What else do you use it for? Im super curious about it! I cant wait to start making some fudge babies. Great ideas. The chocolate with pb on it! oooooh delish! thats my favorite combo!!

16. Jess says:

Yet another GREATTT recipe 😀

17. Marianne says:

You know I whole-heartedly approve of anything delicious and coconut. I don’t know if I could bare to use up any of my beloved coconut butter in one, but you never know.

18. Marie says: