Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Pumpkin Pie Salad Dressing?

zp2

Remember my friend?

Well yeah, he doesn’t really have anything to do with this post.  But I thought y’all would appreciate seeing his hotness again!

The following recipe, just like most of my other recipesis three things: Quick, easy, and lick-the-bowl/blender/spoon-good. Liquid like soup, but sweet like pie.  It’s…

Pumpkin Pie Soup

(Makes 1 serving)

• 100g (1/2 cup) winter squash of choice (you know I use kabocha)
  • 1/2 cup to almost 2/3 cup milk of choice or water, depending on how thick you want your soup (I used 100 ml almond milk and 50 ml water)
  • 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • salt to taste
  • sweetener (sugar, stevia, etc) to taste

Blend all ingredients in the Magic Bullet or blender.

znyc 206

Mmmmm pumpkin salad dressing!

In other yummy news:

cd1

The Raw Cookie Dough Babies received so many compliments yesterday on their attractiveness that they’re contemplating entering a Baby Beauty Pageant a la Emma from Friends.

emma

Watch your back, Emma!

1. Christina says:

The soup sounds delish and I just so happen to have a huge tupperware filled with pumpkin waiting to be used :)

2. I bet your boyfriend doesn’t argue with you. :)

3. I say we petition Larabar to make those. Or you can just start selling CCKbars :)

4. proteingirl says:

I spy Lindt! Oh, NOW you’re talking about MY boyfriend!

5. jrsimon56 says:

Thanks for reminding me that I need to eat my squash. It’s so hard now living where the average temp this month has been in the high 80s….doesn’t feel like fall at all :(

6. Haha, that Friends reference made me laugh. Memories! MMM I could go for some cozy squash soup right about now…

7. Everything looks and sounds so delicious, Katie!!! YUM!!! 😀

8. Melinda says:

Looks great! I bought some pumpkin puree today and I am just deciding what to do with it. I was think pumpkin filled raviolis! I just need to break in my new pasta machine!

9. Melinda says:

Or add it to the dough and make pumpkin pasta!

10. Eliza says:

that soup sounds so good! anything pumpkin pie-esq sounds good with me 😉 and love the idea, you are just so inventive and creative my dear…and YES cookie dough larabars, ha i think you must work for larabar, you are way more creative than the folks over there lol ;)…come on, the new flavors could have been a bit better lol…instead of the german cake i think a chocolate cookie dough jocolat would have gone over better with me haha…
    love you Katie, and you are so amazing for the operation chocolate covered kindness! i love it.

xx
    Eliza

11. VeganWoman says:

What a delicious post! I love anything pumpkin!

12. Jessica says:

Mmmm…pumpkin soup is perfect for this time of year! I love that it’s sweet and not savory. I have five different kinds of winter squash at home, so I might have to do “Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Mo”!! :)

13. Chrysta says:

well I think your cookie dough babies would win that beauty contest hands down!=) I just bought a kabocha squash over the weekend and that soup recipe you have might be just what I use it for. It looks super tasty!

14. Katharina says:

I bet a dark chocolate mole sauce would be awesome with kabocha 😉

15. KefirGirl says:

hmm…wonder if you could substitute in kefir for the milk in the pumpkin soup recipe?
    Love the new Babies recipe – thanks!

16. Teresa says:

I’m pretty sure that if you combine anything with kabocha it will taste better! I haven’t been able to get enough of it lately! I’m starting to think that it needs to be somehow incorporated into a new fudge baby concoction. Hmmm, kabocha baby balls….

17. kbwood says:

ahh im gona have to try that new “salad dressing!”

18. miss v says:

the soup sounds fab… i’m a little nervous about the salad dressing though! got to try everything once, though!

19. I just slow roasted a kabocha and ate half for lunch. Perhaps I’ll eat the rest in soup form.

Yummy Pumpkin-y Meal of The Day Katie. If we ever get to meet in person, might I request a chopstick lesson? :)

20. maggie says:

Hey Katie, Love your food!! Just wanted to let you know that I’m doing a promotional thing at the end of my posts this week for Operation CCK! I also tagged you for “truth week”!!

xoxo
    Maggie

21. Quix says:

Your boyfriend is adorable. A little scary though. :) And the pumpkin “dressing” looks awesome!

22. Pumpkin dressing!!! Delish!!

23. Haha I love that Friends episode :)

24. Katie says:

Yum yum your recipes are always so good and easy :) Um are you cheating with Hulk with the Scarecrow? Jeez!

Patent and market those dough babies!

25. Kate says:

If you wanted to go ahead and market them yourself, I’d be a buyer for life. Hahah.

The squash soup sounds great – thanks for the recipe! I actually tried growing some pumpkins in my yard this year so I need a good way to use up the leftovers!

26. Anonymous says:

I don’t think I believe a lot of stuff that you say about yourself.

27. eatmovelove says:

Wow – can’t wait to try those cookies!! They look amazing…I’m the type of girl that loves my cookies under-baked – yum!!! Love your blog :) (I can only hope to get mine to your level…and score a book deal or job at a health magazine in California somewhere…a girl can dream right 😉

28. candice says:

Another wonderful kabocha recipe! Thank you! You should petition the Larabar people to make this flavor… then again, it probably wouldn’t be as delicious as homemade anyway. 😉

29. Spotty Prep says:

I have a ton of sweet potatoes- I think sweet potato pie soup is in my future! Thanks for the recipe :)

30. Sarah A says:

Thank goodness for this soup. My wisdom tooth is (painfully!) coming in, and I’m on a soft foods/liquid diet until it gets taken out. I used butternut squash and canned pumpkin, and it really helped break up the monotony of my ‘juicing’.

31. Jenny says:

you are too much, girl. I wonder if you froze this soup if it could double for pumpkin ice cream?! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm….food for thought!

32. Maria says:

Ah yes, this is why I love all your recipes Katie! Mmm, and your version of kabocha soup sounds deeeelicious 😀

33. vanessa says:

My first thought when I read this post was, “Oh my gosh – you mean I DIDN’T make that up?!?!” My absolute favorite way to eat kabocha is pureed. I put it in my Vitamix, then heat it in a pot with some coconut oil, salt, cinnamon/pumpkin pie spice, then top it with agave or maple syrup, and – for the crowning touch – ALMOND BUTTER! I eat it for breakfast. YUM :). Sex in a bowl, I tell you.

34. Alison says:

Looks delicious and easy! I love all these fall dishes.

35. Emily says:

Pumpkin soup is so good! Perfect for fall and featuring my fave flavor. :-) Thanks for the recipe, Katie.

36. Brittany says:

Mmm I’m eating kabocha now! The soup looks perfect–simple, and therefore bringing out the taste of the oh so velvety kabocha.

37. CaSaundra says:

Pumpkin pie in liquid form?! Does that mean I get to eat waaay more than regular pumpkin pie :-)