Pumpkin Pie Salad Dressing?

zp2

Remember my friend?

Well yeah, he doesn’t really have anything to do with this post.  But I thought y’all would appreciate seeing his hotness again!

The following recipe, just like most of my other recipesis three things: Quick, easy, and lick-the-bowl/blender/spoon-good. Liquid like soup, but sweet like pie.  It’s…

Pumpkin Pie Soup

(Makes 1 serving)

• 100g (1/2 cup) winter squash of choice (you know I use kabocha)
  • 1/2 cup to almost 2/3 cup milk of choice or water, depending on how thick you want your soup (I used 100 ml almond milk and 50 ml water)
  • 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • salt to taste
  • sweetener (sugar, stevia, etc) to taste

Blend all ingredients in the Magic Bullet or blender.

znyc 206

Mmmmm pumpkin salad dressing!

Tags:

1. I bet your boyfriend doesn’t argue with you. :)

2. I say we petition Larabar to make those. Or you can just start selling CCKbars :)

3. proteingirl says:

I spy Lindt! Oh, NOW you’re talking about MY boyfriend!

4. jrsimon56 says:

Thanks for reminding me that I need to eat my squash. It’s so hard now living where the average temp this month has been in the high 80s….doesn’t feel like fall at all :(

5. Haha, that Friends reference made me laugh. Memories! MMM I could go for some cozy squash soup right about now…

6. Everything looks and sounds so delicious, Katie!!! YUM!!! 😀

7. Melinda says:

Looks great! I bought some pumpkin puree today and I am just deciding what to do with it. I was think pumpkin filled raviolis! I just need to break in my new pasta machine!

8. Melinda says:

Or add it to the dough and make pumpkin pasta!

9. Eliza says:

that soup sounds so good! anything pumpkin pie-esq sounds good with me 😉 and love the idea, you are just so inventive and creative my dear…and YES cookie dough larabars, ha i think you must work for larabar, you are way more creative than the folks over there lol ;)…come on, the new flavors could have been a bit better lol…instead of the german cake i think a chocolate cookie dough jocolat would have gone over better with me haha…
    love you Katie, and you are so amazing for the operation chocolate covered kindness! i love it.

xx
    Eliza

10. VeganWoman says:

What a delicious post! I love anything pumpkin!

11. Jessica says:

Mmmm…pumpkin soup is perfect for this time of year! I love that it’s sweet and not savory. I have five different kinds of winter squash at home, so I might have to do “Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Mo”!! :)

12. Chrysta says:

well I think your cookie dough babies would win that beauty contest hands down!=) I just bought a kabocha squash over the weekend and that soup recipe you have might be just what I use it for. It looks super tasty!

13. Katharina says:

I bet a dark chocolate mole sauce would be awesome with kabocha 😉

14. Teresa says:

I’m pretty sure that if you combine anything with kabocha it will taste better! I haven’t been able to get enough of it lately! I’m starting to think that it needs to be somehow incorporated into a new fudge baby concoction. Hmmm, kabocha baby balls….

15. kbwood says:

ahh im gona have to try that new “salad dressing!”

16. miss v says:

the soup sounds fab… i’m a little nervous about the salad dressing though! got to try everything once, though!

17. I just slow roasted a kabocha and ate half for lunch. Perhaps I’ll eat the rest in soup form.

Yummy Pumpkin-y Meal of The Day Katie. If we ever get to meet in person, might I request a chopstick lesson? :)

18. maggie says:

Hey Katie, Love your food!! Just wanted to let you know that I’m doing a promotional thing at the end of my posts this week for Operation CCK! I also tagged you for “truth week”!!

xoxo
    Maggie

19. Quix says:

Your boyfriend is adorable. A little scary though. :) And the pumpkin “dressing” looks awesome!

20. Pumpkin dressing!!! Delish!!