The Trick to Melting without a Microwave

Here it is:

A Candle Warmer!

znyc 675

Looks rather boring, yeah?

But it’s not!  It’s a really cool tool, good for so much more than warming candles.  You can use it to melt or warm coconut butter, vegan butter (yay—no splattering/popping, which is what happens if you try melting vegan butter in the microwave), peanut butter, etc.

While I eat my Chocolate Mudslide Oatmeal (or whatever else I’m eating), the coconut butter does its thing on the candle warmer.

mud1

znyc 681

Then, when I’m ready for it… it’s ready for me too!

But the candle warmer has another use…

Ever get annoyed at how warm beverages lose their warmth rapid-fast?

znyc 313

Voila!  Keeps your tea, hot water, etc. piping hot while you enjoy the rest of your meal.  How much more could you possibly ask of a gadget that only costs $5 to $10?!

1. Pam says:

Nice idea!

Enjoy!

2. That is such a great idea, girl!! :)

3. VeggieGirl says:

Love this idea! Thank you!

4. lexi. says:

you are too smart! what an excellent idea!!

5. Very clever! Too bad I don’t have a candle warmer 😉

6. Roselie says:

this is so handy!! thanks for the idea!!

7. Holy gadget– that is AWESOME.

8. Jessica says:

You have a knack for turning every day items into something fab! I have one of those things buried in a closet somewhere…

9. Ricki says:

You know, as someone who spends most of her day at her desk, I’ve always thought of that gadget as a coffee warmer (or in my case, tea)–my mug is on it most of the day. But a candle warmer?! Would never have thought of it! :)

10. You are too cute my dear.

11. That is a great idea!!

I really love that cup too!!

12. Abby says:

Genius.. I have one shoved in my closet.. its simply taking up space right now. Great idea, Ms. Katie :)

13. Very cool. I’ve never heard of a candle warmer before! I will investigate!

p.s. I went to babycakes the other day and split a lemon spelt cupcake and a chocolate spelt cupcake with my friend.

We both agreed they tasted more like muffins than cupcakes. A little dry/dense. But we thought they were pretty good otherwise! I really liked the lemon one (I am a big lemon fan though). And I made sure not to try the ones you said were bad!

14. I used to use one of those warmers to keep my coffee warm on my desk, but I kept spilling coffee on it and it eventually stopped working. I should get another one to use to melt my coconut oil in the mornings. I slather on coconut oil after my morning shower in the winter because my skin gets ridiculously dry.

15. Chrysta says:

Great idea girl! Thanks!!

16. That’s a great idea! Excuse me for being dense, though, but why do candles need warming? I mean, they get lit on fire in the first place…maybe it’s to enhance the smell?

Oh and just so you don’t think I let National Chocolate-Covered anything pass by without notice, I definitely enjoyed a delicious chocolate-covered pretzel yesterday. In fact, I think I’ll officially extend that holiday into today and do the same again. I have that power, you know.

17. Cassie says:

i must get one of these!!

18. jen says:

what a great idea!

19. Jenny says:

you are so innovator girl – I am in awe of the way your brain works! gimme some of that genius 😉

20. tabitha says:

great timing!
    our microwave just died a couple weeks ago and we are not going to replace it because of the questionable safety issues….
    love the candle warmer trick!