Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Banana (and S’mores) Republic

I’ve had s’mores on my mind ever since Miss Priscilla dazzled the world’s tastebuds by revealing the following specimen of culinary art:

smore

Priscilla’s S’mores Banana Hammock

1. Um, that mores muffin may be the best muffin I’ve ever seen!! Ohmigosh. I love bananas. I love them with peanut butter, in oatmeal, in shakes. I really love banana bread, but I love the banana cupcakes I make with chocolate and peanut butter frosting!

2. Fave way to eat a nanna is smooshed up loaded with other stuff like oats, cocoa, agave, protein powder, you name it!

Great guess on the muffin! I would have never guessed!

Have a lovely day my Smore’s makin’ friend! Oh and on my site, took everything down. Don’t need the headache :)

3. Pam says:

Those smores muffins look SO yumm-o!

Enjoy!

4. VeggieGirl says:

Such delectable concoctions!!

Favorite banana recipe = Gena’s banana soft serve.

5. JCD says:

Oooh, this post is making me hungry.

My favourite way to eat a banana is cut up and roasted on a stick over a fire. The banana puffs up and caramelises into a better-than-marshmallow treat. Mmmm… Banana boats are good too (think of baked banana hammocks).

6. Katie,
    Are you kidding? I was beyond honored with my Tahini Meatballs. :)

All the hammocks look so good. I love giving people an idea and then watching them put their own spin on it.

My favorite way to eat a banana? That’s a tough one. I’d say sliced over a bowl of cereal, both of the hot and cold variety…or in my Mom’s banana bread. Can’t decide.

7. tiffanie says:

Hey sweet girl! Just wanted to let you know I gave you an award over at my blog!!!

8. Katharina says:

AHHHHHHHHHH!!! This post makes me mouth water. Oh jeez. That kabocha stuffed banana! All that banana goodness. My dad just bought sooo many bananas (all for $1 say whaaat). Obviously, this post and my bananas were meant to be.

9. Kristie Lynn says:

Frozen banana + soy/almond milk + Kahlua (shhh) = best way to use a banana 😉

10. Katie says:

Your posts always make me hungry!

Happy Friday,

Katie

11. Kiersten says:

I’ve made banana hammocks before, but I can never get mine to look as neat as everyone else’s. Mine always look like such a mess! It still tastes awesome though :)

12. Really love banana bread. Especially with chocolate chips in it!

But the standard banana hammock with almond butter (specifically Barney Butter) is my absolute favorite!

13. Jess says:

Definitely would be a melted banana in a bowl of oats with some PB and a drizzle of maple syprup.

14. 1) can we be friends :)
    2) yes, bananas are misunderstood…can (sometimes do) eat 2-3 a day…good stuff.
    3) smores sound great….another beautiful blogger demonstrated smores oats recently …

15. Mama Pea says:

My favorite way to eat a banana is frozen and then thrown in some soft serve or a smoothie. The hubs loves them dipped in chocolate and then covered with chopped peanuts and frozen again. My girls eat them straight up and then wipe their banana slimy hands on their pants, the couch, etc. It’s like a slug trail. Good times.

16. Chrysta says:

awesome hammocks I must say. I love all the combos you got going on. I think my favorite way (is there even a wrong way? i don’t think so!) but my favorite is just the classic nut butter and chocolate. (with some granola sprinkled on top) Its just so good. I think i could eat tons of this stuff everyday and be the happiest girl ever. Thanks for posting all those wonderful hammock pics! Have a super day sweetie!

17. Gena says:

Honestly! I like them straight up (and dirty). Or, banana soft serve, naturally :-)

18. Haylee says:

mmm just plain old frozen bananas is my fave!

19. dreamin68 says:

All so good! Who doesn’t love s’mores?

20. I still have yet to try the banana hammock, and I’m not sure what my hold-up is…I have peanut butter. I have bananas. I have varies accessories to doll it up, but I always think about it when I see these lovely photos while I’m a work…and my bananas are at home. Boo!

21. Those s’mores muffins look DELISH. I think I’m drooling at my computer now.

As for me, fave healthy banana dish is the good ol’ banana smeared with a generous heap of PB. Fave less-healthy banana meal? Crepes with banana, Nutella and vanilla bean ice cream. I ate those nearly every day we were in Cuba.

22. banana + chocolate + pb= perfection

haha, i ohpe you have a fabulous friday, don’t forget to smile
    bec xo

23. Susan says:

Your posts never fail to make me drool!

24. Veggiesmack says:

My favorite banana recipe is to blend a few frozen ones with a splash of almond milk to make guilt-free banana ice cream!

25. LOL Oh man, I just got a terrible mental image after reading “banana hammock swingers.” You are a dirty birdy. Actually, I guess that makes me the dirty birdy. Still your fault! 😉

26. I htink I just figured out what’s for dinner!

27. Katie says:

Gah! I knew it was a photo of smores something or other!

I can’t think of a way I don’t like to eat bananas. I am still enjoying your agar pudding with banana chocolate and peanut butter in the mix. But a banana straight up, eaten with smears of almond butter right from the jar is a guilty pleasure that I am not ashamed of!

28. Cassie says:

my favorite way of all time to eat a banana is cut up with tons of pb to dip it in. yum!!! especially with straight up, plain pb or maybe with a little salt. freshly ground is the best, if i can manage it. oh, and i definitely want to make some s’more muffins now…they look delish!

29. Those s’mores muffins look so awesome!

And banana hammocks, too!

30. Shelby says:

Mmm, it’s making me so hungry!

I love anything banana but soft serve is my very favorite!

31. Jenny says:

the melted banana has been going strong as my banana method of choice. Everytime I eat ’em I think of you. Perhaps that’s why they’re my favie :)

32. AJ says:

Katie,
    love your new banner, but there’s a TYPO! It says “good heath” not good “heaLth”

Just wanted to let you know!!
    Favorite way to eat a banana: lydia’s raw organic vanilla cereal w/ diced banana, diced persimmon, couple pieces of raw dark chocolate crumbled on top, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

NIRVANA!

33. I love to mush nannerz and mush and mush and mush. Til they are almost cream. Then nuke for a few seconds, and put them on a bread product with a nut butter. Hits the spot every time :-)

34. Megan Leigh says:

I love the new header :)

Ahh banana hammocks are my favoite post-run snack. Nothing beats a nice banana with peanut butter!

35. Bekah says:

ooo yay thanks for linking/picturing! haha I will have to have a better photo shoot next time with my hammock. These babies totally do not deserve to be pushed behind a pumpkin egg white pancake. No ma’am, indeed.

36. hmm I’d have to say my favorite way to eat a banana would be in my “Banana’s foster smoothie” Blended up with lots of chewy yummy dates and bananas.

37. Kristie says:

Bananaaaaaaa!
    I usually just eat em COLD out of the fridge! Love it. Love it even more just like that + a nut butter schmear. Or just straight up frozen. Especially if they’re frozen and chopped on top of cereal. Though I think once I get some banana hammock action going on over here that might end up taking first place in banana lovin.

38. BroccoliHut says:

#1 use of bananas in my kitchen is for oatmeal–using the banana brulee method of course:)
    I also have been into using them in my breakfast parfaits with pumpkin. YUM.

39. candice says:

So many droolworthy pics! 😀 Love Heather’s especially—that melted chocolate just cannot be beat. Thank you so much for the feature… AND the banana hammock invention. 😉

40. Christina says:

My favorite way to eat it is just with peanut butter and flax. I’m a simple girl!

41. CaSaundra says:

My fav way to eat a banana has to be cinnamon-crusted banana bread–I am not a big fan of just eatin’ em plain!

42. Trail says:

Aww, thanks for the link love! Bananas with chocolate are always delicious, I’m not picky!

43. Michal says:

I think a little piece of me just died inside. This looks ah-mazing! ♥