The Princess and the Cake

Sounds much yummier than The Princess and the Pea, right?

And certainly much yummier than The Princess and the Knee

Happy Birthday, little sister!

znyc 569

With the pink hue and the princess decoration, it almost looks like a carbon copy of the cake I made for her last year

My sister is a girl who knows what she likes.

znyc 577

znyc 579

1. Happy Birthday to your sis! 🙂 I have 2 brothers and we get along fabulously. I can’t imagine my life without them!!

2. Sünne says:

Aw, so sweet you baked your sister such a pretty cake! I wish I had your decorating skills! Really, you have to teach me scrap-booking and cake-decorating :)!

When I was younger, I didn’t get along that well with my brother but with my sister. Now that both of them have moved out I really miss them equally. So happy they’ll be here for Christmas!

3. Pam says:

Happy Birthday Michelle! Such a pretty cake!

I have a sister and brother…..my sis, I talk to just about every day and my bro…well we are 5 yrs apart, SO we only usually talk if we need something!

Enjoy!

4. The cake is BEAUTIFUL! Well done!

5. joy says:

I have 3 sisters and 2 I don’t like at all (that is awful to say but true) and one I am close with!

6. Megan says:

The cake is beautiful! I have a little sister who is 13 and she doesn’t like to get along with me (maybe she will change her mind when I get my driver’s license soon).

Thanks for featuring my muffin picture! 🙂

7. VeggieGirl says:

Happy birthday to your sister!!

And when are you opening up your cake-decorating business?!?! 😀

I get along fabulous with both of my brothers – love ’em.

8. Happy Birthday CCK’s sister!

Wow what a beautiful cake… and beautiful sisters 🙂

I have 2 younger brothers and I have always gotten along more with one than the other. But the other one an I still get along fairly well… although he likes to annoy me sometimes!

I’ve lived away from them for.. oh man.. 5 years now. So it’s really nice to see them when I’ve been away for so long. They are awesome brothers.

9. Amy says:

I like the links to old posts because it just makes things more accessible. So if I want to look at the recipe you’re talking about I don’t have to search for it.

10. Kiersten says:

Happy birthday to your sister! You guys look a lot a like…but I’m sure you already know that.

I have an older brother and sister. We have always gotten along great (although they drive me nuts from time to time). Apparently they used to fight like crazy when they were younger, but since I’m the baby in the family no one ever fought with me.

11. Jocelyn says:

I like that you include old links in your post…makes up for anything that I pissed when I didn’t read blogs :):)

Happy bday to your beautiful sister!

12. Katharina says:

That is such a beautiful cake! And your sister is gorgeous. You both look so much alike it’s incredible. I am always in awe of how family members resemble each other so much. Crazy science and genetics! Have a wonderful day 😀

XOXO

13. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce says:

I’m so glad that you link back to your old posts pretty often…it’s perfect for someone like me who just started following blogs again and missed out on lots of great posts! Plus that way you don’t have to explain things over and over again, just insert the link and peeps can read more if they so desire! Aw you and your sis are beautiful, that cake is amazing! You are so talented.

14. Abby says:

Your sister is gorgeous.. happy birthday to her!! I was a christmas baby, too.. my parents never ever ONCE used holiday paper for my presents.. they tried to make it as special as possibly. Her cake is perfect, btw.. you are amazingly talented, Katie!

My brother is 7 yrs older than me so we never fought.. no rivalry.. I was just the annoying lil sis who tried to hang out with him every single second of the day. lol

15. Melinda says:

nice looking cake.

16. Whit says:

Happy birthday to your sister! 😀 You are right, she is gorgeous.

17. Amanda says:

Happy birthday Michelle!!
    You happen to have the same name as my wonderful little sis!

18. Aw, your sister is adorable…just like you! Too cute! And so is that princess cake. Honestly, your never too old for a princess cake.

As for siblings, I’ve got none. Yep, I’m the one and only. And I’m totally okay with that. I like having to not share (especially at Christmas time…getting all the presents for myself!). I know that seems selfish, but I have no one to share with … so it’s natural, right? 🙂

19. Jenny says:

you and your sister definitely got hooked up with some beautiful genes 🙂 you two are just gorgeous – and those smiles, radiant!

give me cakeeeeeeeeeeee! 😉

20. Shelby says:

I do not get along with my siblings at all! They are all boys and their ages are 20, 8, 4, 3, and 1. Currently the 4 year old is outside screaming at the top of his lungs at the 3 year old. I like to pretend I don’t know these people and that I’m being kept here against my will 😉