Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Christmas Cookie Crepe Cakes

znyc 724

Above, a full plate of Oatmeal Cookie Crepe Cakes

Hmmm, but this looks too neat and tidy…

znyc 726

That’s better.

Above, with little Soyatoo dots and homemade Smashberry Jam. For the jam: It’s so easy!  Just boil your berries… and then SMASH them!! That’s it!

After breakfast, it was time for presents!

znyc 749

(Well-fed parents = Much happier parents)

Funny story: As young kids, my uncle and his sisters set their parents’ clock ahead three hours so they could open presents earlier. Evil!

But not all children are evil. The little sister was so helpful, offering to shape Raw Gingerbread Men

znyc 737

znyc 740

And finally… Picture Proof of snow in Texas:

snow in texas

Looks like comets:

znyc 741

1. Jessica says:

Those crepes are so cute, and they look fabulous! You had more snow that we did here in Pittsburgh!

2. Gina G says:

Merry Christmas to you too! sorry i could not say it sooner, i was away from the computer all day yesterday soaking up one of my most favorite days with my family =) looks like your Christmas was marvelous, have a great day Katie!

3. Lindsay says:

Snow in Texas is craziness! lol I bet it’s kind of unusual for you to get a white Christmas, CCV…

Hope your Christmas was wonderful!! xo

4. Iris says:

I’m glad you got to have a white Christmas!

5. Danielle says:

I would love the recipe for oatmeal crepe cakes :) And setting the clock ahead 3 hours? That’s actually really clever lol. We would just wake our parents up at 4:30 in the morning and continue knocking on their door every 20 minutes until they were up.

6. Jenny R. says:

ahhh looks like Canada! happy holidays 😉

7. Cassie says:

i’m glad to see you had such a nice Christmas! when i was little i always hated waiting for my parents to get up on Christmas morning too. i just wanted to open my presents!

8. Aw looks like a lovely Christmas morning :)

Love the look of the crepes. Yum!

9. Veggiesmack says:

Mmmm. Those cookies crepes look delicious!

10. candice says:

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! And OMG, why wasn’t I ever as smart as your uncle?! That’s freaking brilliant, and hilarious. :)

11. elise says:

awww…cute family pics. merry christmas katie!! hope you had a great day. im not going home til the 29th, so until then ill be rockin it solo in nyc. but im going to be rippin into my presents within minutes of entering the door (after giving hugs and kisses to the fam of course).

12. Emily says:

Your crepes look amazing, Katie! I’d love to eat breakfast at your house. :-)

So funny about your uncle and his sisters messing up the clocks. So clever (and you’re right..evil, haha).

Hope you and your family had a great Christmas!

13. ohhmay says:

Hahaha I love the setting the clock back story! When I first got my license, my parents had a curfew for me so as soon as I came in the door I set all the downstairs clocks back 10 minutes and convinced my dad his bedroom clock must be wrong! 😛
    It looks like you had a fantastic holiday! Your whole family looks so much alike, you’re all so cute!! 😀

14. Jenny says:

Katie, you should have left some of those crepes for Santa. I have a feeling he would have given you a car or a house in return. Those look phenom!

oh you and your gorgeous fam! such lookers :) Glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday!

15. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce says:

wow that snow picture is sooo cool! your parents are so cute, they look really happy, must have been the yummy food you whipped up. merry xmas!

16. elizabeth says:

those crape cakes look delicious!! merry christmas!

17. psychoj1 says:

Those crepes look fantastic! I’m glad you had such a good Christmas :)

<3 jess

18. Glad you enjoyed your Christmas Katie! Just emailed you for crepe cake recipe. I can wait no longer. :)

19. Glad you had a good holiday Katie. That last photo of the lights is georgeous. Merry Christmas.

20. Chelsea says:

The snow was crazy! We got 14 inches where I live! It was a great white Christmas though. :) I am going to make those crepes for breakfast tomorrow!

21. Marina says:

Crepes look yummy, I wish I could have one.
    Btw, our family tradition is to opet presents on Christmas eve, after dinner.

22. Shelby says:

Aww, so cute! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

23. Kiersten says:

Merry belated Christmas Katie!

24. Jenna says:

crepes look great!

25. Oh your parents look like parents: just happy that whew! xmas morning is halfway over and the kid(s) are happy! another whew! I see myself in them :) Except they’re 20 yrs farther down the line than I am…god bless them!

Gingerbread men AND crepes (which I adore and am off to go read the recipe!!)-yum!!!!

26. glidingcalm says:

your crepe cakes are cute as ever, as are the ginger boys! adorable!!!

merry (late!) christmas!!!

happy weekend CCK!

27. Snow in TX is like having snow in Atlanta. Did everything shut down? It makes me laugh, because I’m from up North, where stuff is open even in the worst blizzards! Looks like you had a great time! Going to look up the crepe recipe now :)

28. Those crepes look so yummy, I want them now!

29. ilanalala says:

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh those gingerbread men are too cute. Gotta add those to the “to-do” list!

30. Ahhhhh, thanks for sharing some Christmas family pic’s. Your doggy is too cute! My son would give anything to have it snow here. He absolutely loves the cold weather.
    Those oatmeal crepes look healthier than donuts, yummy.

31. Naomi says:

those crepes look like the PERFECT morning treat the day after xmas!! love the pics of your family and sister making the gingerbread men :) she should make a blog too!!!

32. Michal says:

Yum crepe cakes! Im sad to say ive never had a crepe in my life. Perhaps we should fix that asap 😉

33. chrysta says:

Loved the snow pictures!! Im so glad you had a wonderful holiday girl!! Take care=) Those gingerbread boys look absolutely fabulous as usual!! And those crepes look super yummy!!

34. Carbzilla says:

Every day we drink out of the SAME mugs your dad’s drinking from! I bought it for my seasonal china but for some reason we use the mugs in regular rotation. I just served our Xmas dinner on the matching dinner plates because it was SOOOO white I needed some color for it to stand out against. Too funny!

Merry Christmas again! You’re right!. It cannot be said enough!

35. BroccoliHut says:

That clock trick is genius!
    Nowadays we usually awake at about 8, open stockings til 8:30ish, then open presents. We each take turns, and we go in birth order. Needless to say, with 7 people, Christmas takes a while for my family:)

36. Merry Christmas! Looks like you had a wonderful, and snowy, day!

37. eaternotarunner says:

aww looks like you had a blast! And the raw ginger men look awesome!

Merry Christmas!

38. Aww Mom sitting on Dad’s lap- such cuties! You didn’t blush and scold them??

Love the snow comets and all the wonderful Christmas fun!

39. Scott in Ohio says:

Hey, Katie! I’m finally catching up on blog-reading and wanted to wish you a Merry (belated) Christmas!

Great snow pics! It was strange having to get photos from friends in the Dallas area (Plano and Little Elm) to see a white Christmas.

Oh, and yeah…anything with “crepe” in the name is good by me. :-)

40. Mandie says:

mmmMMMmmm! oatmeal and crepes in one?! no way. they sound too delicious to be real. please please please can i have the recipe? i started making pancakes a few days ago (i haven’t had them in at least a year) thanks to you, but now i know i’m ready for some lovely crepes. thanks for always having such amazing posts. you really inspire me to cook! :)