Hats off to the Christmas Season of 2009

You prepare for the Christmas season all year (the stores do, anyway!), and then just like that, it’s over… and you have to prepare again the next year!

But even with all the rushing, the stress, and the mess, it’s hard to not love that time of year. So, until next December, hats off to the Christmas season. Hats such as…

A hot pink hat to match the hot pink Christmas ham Jones soda I did NOT drink. Other flavors included Green Bean Casserole, Mashed Potatoes and Butter, Brussels Sprouts, Salmon Pate, Antacid… seriously, it’s like Bertie Botts (from Harry Potter) of sodas. Who would want to drink Pea-flavored soda? Just a wild guess that one’s not their most popular seller.

How about a mistletoe headband? They make such a thing?

fb_thumb1

Apparently they do.

Or what about a gift-wrap bow (as modeled by my silly sister)?

christmas 064

And then there are the puppy hats…

We only left them on long enough to snap a photo. I’m against clothes for dogs (aside from winter coats to keep them warm).

100_5730

100_5726

Other fun—albeit strange—Christmas hats:

ChristmasCraziness07 136

hat

If you can find nothing else, the red hat will have to do.

christmas 049

1. seekmyself says:

I love prepping for Christmas! I’m always sad when it passes so quickly. We put up our decorations pretty early… around the end of November. The Christmas Tree usually in the first couple weeks of December though… And we leave them up ’till the middle of January or so… they’re just pretty to look at 🙂

2. *Andrea* says:

cute pics!!!! we take ourr tree down around jan2 🙁 i hate how quick holidays fly by

3. Jess says:

We take our decorations down a couple days after Christmas and usually put them up the day after Thanksgiving!! 🙂

Hilarious but cute hats!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

4. gina (fitnessista) says:

hahah love all the hat pics! i’m thinking the pink one is from vs?? super cute
    we’re taking our decorations down today…and i’m dreading it 🙁
    have a happy saturday, lovely girl <3
    xoxo

5. Jessica says:

I’m so sad to take our decorations down…we are doing it today or tomorrow. 🙁

6. Katie, you are always cheerful. I like to post daily, but today for example I have no inspiration and I feel a post I make would be just depressing and stuff, so i skip the day…i admire how u post up something beautiful each day. Inspiring.
    Cute hats and all. No real decorations or stuff for me anyway, so boxing up not an issue 🙂
    Hope your start to 2010 went well.

7. Jenny says:

you could rock a muskrat hat and still look incredibly cute 🙂 oh you and that smile – gets me every time!

I can’t believe the Christmas season is over all ready.. after all that anticipation, it’s just.. done. I don’t like it! Ah well, only 359 days until next Christmas 🙂

8. Michal says:

Im so sad christmas is over. Were taking down our decorations today… boo 🙁

But you look so festive in your santa hat and your mistletoe headband!

Hope your rocking in the new year.

9. chrysta says:

omg! Ive heard of those jones flavored sodas! Ha! I wonder if they reallly taste like what the flavor is suppose to be. If so I dont think I want to be drinking liquid ham soda. eewww! hehe. The hats are super cute girl! Love them all. I especially love the hot pink santa hat! Feminine and festive all at the same time!! Its great! =)

I love christmas decor so I start putting them up right after thanksgiving. My Christmas tree is still up and I have no idea when that baby is coming down. Probably this weekend. Im always sad to see it packed up. Its always lights up the place so well!=) But in any case it just brings me one day closer to some hot summer weather so its ok!

I hope you are having one amazing new years so far girl!! You are the best!

10. Carbzilla says:

Hi gorgeous – nice to see you in 2010!

Jones Soda is right down the street from my office. They have Happy Hour on Fridays and give away free sodas. They have a great sugar-free root beer, but then I kinda gave it up altogether. That holiday pack cracks me up though – did anyone drink one?

11. Great hats! I am with you on the animal clothing. They are animals not people and they have all that hair to keep them warm! Now I know there are some dogs that do get colder but come on people!!

We usually have all of our decorations down a couple days after Christmas except for the outside lights. This year my husband didn’t have time to take off the tree lights so I stripped the tree down to only the silver and white balls and added silver ribbon. Then took down all of the Santa decorations and red, except the poinsetta’s. It was more a new years look than Christmas.

I heard in some towns they fine people who leave Christmas lights up after a certain date. I wish they would do it everywhere!

12. Katie says:

This was the first year that husband and I put up decorations, and we did it about a week after Thanksgiving, and took them down yesterday (January 1st) – it worked for us.

Growing up, we had neighbors that kept their Christmas tree up for MONTHS into the new year – it was a tradition for our family to take bets on the date they would take it down…usually fell in March. 🙂

13. jcd says:

Haha, I love the photos! I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year.

We decorate our house and put up our Christmas tree on or around 01 December. The whole lot doesn’t come down until the 12 days or Christmas are over, so no earlier than 06 January. After all the hard work preparing for the holidays, it would be a shame to take it all down the next day.

We also put up our lights sometime in October and take them down sometime in February. It’s simply too cold (and dangerous) to be climbing a ladder two stories in the air in our hostile winter weather.

14. Danielle says:

I like to take all the decorations down once Christmas is over (my parents leave them up until January). It’s time to get ready for the next holiday which issss….uh valentines day? uh nevermind lol

15. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce says:

congrats to the winner! aw you are so cute, and those pups of yours are precious! EW ham soda? guh-ross. i’ve always wanted to send in a picture to Jones and see if it makes a label, one of my friend’s friends got theirs picked!

16. Daria @ Daria Can Cook says:

My family usually decorates soon after Thanksgiving and de-decorates on January 1st or 2nd. My mom always wants to take stuff down earlier but we beg to leave it up – it eases the shock of the season ending so quickly. 🙂

17. Lauren says:

Love the hats, especially the mistletoe! Super cute! 🙂

We took our decorations down pretty early this year because we were supposed to be going out of town this weekend, but that got nixed, so we were just left with an empty house to celebrate the new year! 🙂

Wishing you a magnificent New Year katie! 🙂

18. ilanalala says:

You are too cute!! Oh and I totally agree with you about clothing on animals.

Since I’m Jewish, Christmas decorations was something we always missed out on. We have an electric light menorah that uses colored Christmas bulbs that we put in the window for Hanukkah but it’s not anywhere neeeaaar Christmas lights. So I love to look at others (although there is a house nearby that I noticed decorates their house for Hanukkah in shades of blue and white lights and big Jewish star lights).

My neighbor, on the other hand… I’ve lived in this house for four years and every year I see her do something I consider to be WOAH. About a week before Halloween, up go the decorations in her yard. She basically creates a haunted house, skeletons, ghosts, pumpkins, graves, creepy music, orange lights. After Halloween she transitions to “fall,” taking down the skeletons and ghosts, leaving up the orangelights, and adding red and yellow to the mix. By Thanksgiving her house is an entire Thanksgiving scene, complete with Pilgrims, leaves, and a giant blow-up turkey like those giant blow-up Santas everyone has lately. After Thanksgiving, it all comes down and she puts up red, blue, and green lights for most of December. Two weeks before Christmas, she comes out and creates her yearly crowning masterpiece: The Christmas scene. There is a Santa and reindeer. There is a snowman. There are penguins that hop out of gift boxes. There is a giant blow up snow globe that MOVES, shoots SNOW, and plays music. There are snowflakes. There are ribbons. There is music. There are lights. It totally makes up for me never having my own Christmas yard. I look forward to it every year.

19. Nicole says:

Cute hats : ) I actually have the spiral topped Santa one!

I WANT to take down my Christmas decorations and the tree the first Saturday after New Years but my hubby wants to leave them all up until the 15th. I am so taking them down tomorrow! The tree is a fire hazard at this point : )

Happy New Year!

20. tuffett says:

We meant to get our decorations up for weeks, but they ended up being put up the weekend prior to Christmas! I guess we were just really busy. They are coming down today. 🙁
    And I love your pink hat!