Butter(nut) Me Up Fries

Coconut is the new Ketchup.

Coconut butter + butternut squash fries = This is waaaaay better than tomato ketchup.

Sorry, tomatoes.

znyc 821

For the fries…

“Butter(nut) Me Up” Fries

• 1 Butternut Squash
  • a sprinkle of salt
  • cinnamon (optional, but awesome)
Procedure:
  • Cut the squash into fry shapes (use a fry cutter or a knife)
  • Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
  • Put the fries and spices into a big Ziploc-type bag and mix
  • Line a baking sheet with tin foil, then spray with a tiny bit of Pam. (Wipe with a paper towel so it’s even on the foil.) Spread your fries on the baking sheet and shove ‘em in the oven
  • Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your fries, and depending on how many fries you put on the baking sheet.

znyc 823

Not missing from the equation were the ever-present chopsticks.

Math Time!

Other good coconut butter combinations: muffins + coconut butter, carrots + coconut butter, anything + coconut butter… There’s almost no wrong answer! Now that’s the kind of math they should be teaching in schools. It’ll be first on the agenda when I become president.

blacknwhite

Watch your back, Mr. Obama

It’s a lofty goal, setting my sights on Commander in Chief.  Naturally, I have a back-up career plan.

With liberty and cupcakes for all…

Tags: ,

1. *Andrea* says:

i like the new header!! you look so pretty in it. love your smile, it’s contagious 😉 i have never tried coconut butter before, but i love coconut shavings in my oats and coconut water…so i think i’ll like this, i hope!

2. Iris says:

Real life? What is this nonsense? I assume you live only to serve us, your loyal readers! J/k obvs…

I love coconut, but I think I might be developing an allergy to it, which does not make me happy at all! But I’m in the midst of an elimination diet (day 2 of a smoothie cleanse…I’m sso hungry!), so hopefully I’ll find out that coconut is fine for me.

3. Jessica says:

Ohhhh I LOVE coconut. So yummy. And I really like this header! I am loving the colors.

4. Oh Katie, you know I am always your biggest supporter but, I’m afraid, this post is where you and I must part ways. I loathe coconut. Seriously. I will eat anything, really, anything and usually like it. But coconut will never pass these lips! It does LOOK pretty, though, especially on all those fries.

Have no fear, I will still vote for you when you start your run for the White House. Yay for Vegan in Chief!

5. coconut butter is terrific with sweet potatoes and on breads and stuff.
    the title is nice. i think it takes a long while to find anything that fits..might title is ridiculous..it was a whim decision…whatever, it is what is…just words 🙂

6. jcd says:

Hi Katie –

I like the new header! It is colourful and creative. 🙂
    And I am making more of your Butternut Fries tonight to use up half a butternut squash leftover from last night’s supper. Mmmm… I am going to the big health foods store in the city today so if I can find coconut butter I will definitely give it a try too.

7. chrysta says:

hahah no worries girl. I bet you are mad busy. Im so loving the coconut on the fries! Is there anything that coconut cant do?? I dont think so ! Looks awesome. Im liking the new header. I think its fun. Your tag line is catchy too. Its nice that there is a color that you are used through out it to tie it together. Good stuff girl! Anyways have a fantastic day!

8. Melissa says:

Oh, these fries look so yummy-what a great idea!

I like this header way better than your preceding one, because I thought the purple was a little too dark. Now it looks so much brighter and fun and I also adore your picture!

9. I like the header! And those squash fries with coconut butter look SO yummy!!! 😀

10. Mae says:

Your header is too cute!! Haha I love the pic of you and Pres. Bama!! So hilarious!
    Do you eat all finger food with chopsticks too (like toast, pizza, etc.?)

11. Little Bookworm says:

I like the new header! 🙂

12. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce says:

what is this real life you speak of? haha, oh, right, you hanging out with the prez and all :). i like the new header, but i liked your old one too!! nice food combo!

13. Jenny says:

the new header is just as bright and and adorable as you are 🙂 KEEP IT!!!

14. lexi. says:

Oh my goodness, those fries with the coconut look so good!

I really like the new header. I love the type font, and of course the message! And you look stunning in that photo, per usual 🙂

15. eaternotarunner says:

I like the header, you look cute!

16. welshsarah says:

Love the new header, but the last one was good too! Also loving the pic of you and the president 🙂

17. candicemccoy says:

Hi! I just stumbled onto your blog from HEAB. I read through a few of your posts, and I’m so excited to read more! You seem like such a fun girl! And those fries look ah-may-zing! I just might have to make some tonight. Oh, and I don’t know what your old header looked like, but this one is super cute:)

18. Love seeing your cute little face on your new header. 🙂

Also love all things covered in coconut butter. Amazing on squash, pancakes, oatmeal…everything. Thanks again so much for restocking my Artisana supply Katie. Love you!

19. Katharina says:

Coconut butter is sooo good! I was so sad when I ran out 🙁 Enjoyyy mademoiselle hehe!

XO

20. Yum! Coconut butter. I have actually never tried it and really think I need too.

New Header thoughts:

I like it 1) Because it’s pink and 2)You look prettty. 🙂 I’m so superficial. Ha!